Page 163 of 215 FirstFirst ... 63113153161162163164165173213 ... LastLast
Results 3,241 to 3,260 of 4300

Thread: 2016 Presidential Primaries [ SUPER TUESDAY | 3-1-'16]

Outskirts Of Mobile, Alabama. Roll Tide!!!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,815 Posts
    Chump's favorite two words are wall and polls.
    Chopping With The Braves And Rolling With The Tide

A Chip Off the Old Rock Julio3000's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    I agree with Weso on the scoring. Rubio was balls in the first half but strong in the second. Kasich got a little kookier as the night went on, but in a human, almost endearing way. Cruz played it smart. Trump had bad moments and good moments. He got hit a lot harder on substance than in any of the previous debates, but honestly, I don't know if it matters now.

It's OVER 5,000! bravesnumberone's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,023 Posts
    This is as true as it was back in 1996.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to bravesnumberone For This Useful Post:

Runnin (03-04-2016)

It's OVER 5,000! bravesnumberone's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,023 Posts
    I can't bring myself to rank the debate performances anymore, not until Trump suffers at the voting booth.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    Whoever wrote this speech needs to go to work for Bernie. Or maybe he already does. Best speech and delivery I've heard by a Republican since Reagan.

Last edited by Runnin; 03-04-2016 at 05:23 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    http://billmoyers.com/story/when-the...irty-limerick/

For a politician or a journalist, there was a time when citing the classics — as long as it wasn’t done in a pedantic or pompous manner — was a mark of wisdom and experience. If a candidate or reporter does it today, there’s a good chance they’ll be trolled and ridiculed for high-handed pretension. Cue Donald Trump shouting, “Loser!”
    The best way to stop a bad guy with a gun is to make sure he doesn’t get a gun.

Got the Call to Lynchburg
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    61 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Runnin View Post
    Whoever wrote this speech needs to go to work for Bernie. Or maybe he already does. Best speech and delivery I've heard by a Republican since Reagan.

Oh please. He ripped 90% of this material from John Oliver's Tv show from the previous week.

Hessmania Forever
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,965 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonCowboy View Post
    Chump's favorite two words are wall and polls.
    Maybe he's referencing 18th century British Prime Minister Robert Walpole.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 50PoundHead For This Useful Post:

CrimsonCowboy (03-04-2016), Julio3000 (03-04-2016), weso1 (03-04-2016)

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,294 Posts
    Anybody else buy CNN's report that Mitt is going to try to push a brokered convention than emerge as the nominee?

The prediction polls now have him at a 2% chance to be president, fwiw

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,791 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chop2chip View Post
    Anybody else buy CNN's report that Mitt is going to try to push a brokered convention than emerge as the nominee?

The prediction polls now have him at a 2% chance to be president, fwiw
    I've been thinking for weeks that Romney or Ryan will be the push at a brokered convention.

It would be hard to justify one of these failed candidates as the nominee so I believe they'd need to bring in an outsider.

Whatever happens, I doubt it will be ethical

Hessmania Forever
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,965 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    I've been thinking for weeks that Romney or Ryan will be the push at a brokered convention.

It would be hard to justify one of these failed candidates as the nominee so I believe they'd need to bring in an outsider.

Whatever happens, I doubt it will be ethical
    i think that would be an utter disaster for the Republicans. I doubt Romney is deeply interested (not that he couldn't be convinced) and I found his speech utterly amusing. He's the Republican establishment personified and he's flip-flopped as much (or even more) as Trump, so I don't see how he could emerge given where the Republican party's rank-and-file appear to be now. One development I find extremely interesting is that the Koch brothers have refused to contribute to the Republican establishment's anti-Trump efforts. Those guys are wired in, so I don't know what is motivating them, but I'm sure they have their reasons and that they are solid reasons.
    Last edited by 50PoundHead; 03-04-2016 at 10:35 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Zeddonymous ‏@ZeddRebel 42m42 minutes ago

What we're talking about: Trump's small penis
    What we're not talking about: Trump kicking black students from rallies & then lying about it.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...b0ffe6f8e8f7a9

Donald Trump assured viewers near the start of Thursday's GOP presidential primary debate that “there’s no problem” with the size of his equipment, foreshadowing an event filled with attacks on Trump but short on actual issues.
    The best way to stop a bad guy with a gun is to make sure he doesn’t get a gun.

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,263 Posts

This morning, when Wayne LaPierre, CEO of the NRA, took to the stage at the Conservative Political Action Conference (AKA “CPAC: a gun free zone”), these signs were in the lobby.
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

Hessmania Forever
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,965 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 57Brave View Post
    Zeddonymous ‏@ZeddRebel 42m42 minutes ago

What we're talking about: Trump's small penis
    What we're not talking about: Trump kicking black students from rallies & then lying about it.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...b0ffe6f8e8f7a9

Donald Trump assured viewers near the start of Thursday's GOP presidential primary debate that “there’s no problem” with the size of his equipment, foreshadowing an event filled with attacks on Trump but short on actual issues.
    If I'm The Donald, I take it to the extreme. I put a golf ball in my sock, step around the podium and say "See that lump in my sock? It's not a sprained ankle."

A Chip Off the Old Rock Julio3000's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 50PoundHead View Post
    If I'm The Donald, I take it to the extreme. I put a golf ball in my sock, step around the podium and say "See that lump in my sock? It's not a sprained ankle."
    It's gonna be tax returns and the NYT Editorial Board tape all over again. If he keeps talking about it, Mitt Romney and Ted Cruz are going to ask him to produce the proof.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Julio3000 For This Useful Post:

The Chosen One (03-04-2016)

Outskirts Of Mobile, Alabama. Roll Tide!!!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,815 Posts
    Saw that Ben Carson has suspended his campaign. Even though I was a bit critical of him not pulling out earlier, nothing but complete and total respect for him. He brought a lot of class to the campaign that was lacking.
    Chopping With The Braves And Rolling With The Tide

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,708 Posts
    Too bad Trump doesn't have it in him to be presidential. If he did then Pubs would have their best candidate since Reagan. But after the debate last night it's pretty clear that he's incapable of being presidential. I don't know what the pubs are going to do now. They are in a tough spot. I have to be honest.

I think their options are as follows:

1) Get behind Kasich 100% and drop both Cruz and Rubio who I think have no chance. They can make Kasich out to be the comeback kid.

2) Get to a brokered convention and nominate an outsider. Fiorina I think might be the only person with a chance to beat Hillary who could be accepted by the Trump supporters.

3) Back Trump and do everything you can to convince him to be presidential. When he's presidential he's unstoppable.
    thank you weso1!

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by weso1 View Post
    Too bad Trump doesn't have it in him to be presidential. If he did then Pubs would have their best candidate since Reagan. But after the debate last night it's pretty clear that he's incapable of being presidential. I don't know what the pubs are going to do now. They are in a tough spot. I have to be honest.

I think their options are as follows:

1) Get behind Kasich 100% and drop both Cruz and Rubio who I think have no chance. They can make Kasich out to be the comeback kid.

2) Get to a brokered convention and nominate an outsider. Fiorina I think might be the only person with a chance to beat Hillary who could be accepted by the Trump supporters.

3) Back Trump and do everything you can to convince him to be presidential. When he's presidential he's unstoppable.
    I think unless Trump doesn't get the legal majority they'd better go with #3 and then just play it out as "hey we don't always agree with him (and by always we mean never) but that's just how cool and open minded the Repubs are, unlike "those other closed minded folks across the aisle". Then as for his VP, you could go with someone like Kasich, someone who is fairly well liked or you could go with the other extreme, someone who's such an ahole (like Dick Cheney was for W) that he would make Trump look like the "good guy" of the ticket. Or you could let Trump pick his wife as VP and then nobody would even notice much of anything Donald said or did.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,708 Posts
    Another option, which would just be blind luck, is if Bloomberg runs and we wind up having a rare legit 4 person race this election cycle. The one wildcard in all of this is that everyone recognizes that Hillary is a sneaky bastard and folks don't like her.
    thank you weso1!

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by weso1 View Post
    Another option, which would just be blind luck, is if Bloomberg runs and we wind up having a rare legit 4 person race this election cycle. The one wildcard in all of this is that everyone recognizes that Hillary is a sneaky bastard and folks don't like her.
    Hilldog is all that and more but is Bloomberg all that much more popular that Trump or Hillary for that matter?