Page 20 of 215 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070120 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 Presidential Primaries [ SUPER TUESDAY | 3-1-'16]

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,326 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Heywood View Post
    Everyone running for president has some skeletons in their closet or has been involved with something corrupt I'm sure. Even someone like Warren or sanders.

Hillary is a progressive. Probably more progressive than Obama. She ran a centrist campaign last time and it bit her in the ass because her advisers weren't expecting the left or country to be this ready for someone to run as left as Obama did in 2008.
    There's a difference between a few skeletons and just downright corrupt. I'm willing to give a wink and a nod to a few underhanded things but mark my words if she becomes President she will have more things from her past come up. Her entire presidency will be a circus.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    Traditionally federal politics are the bellwether for state/local politics but the turnover rate is higher so it's hard to say ... it really depends on the success of the party at the national level. Democrats looked great in 2008-2010ish but have been scuffling across the board every since.

If Hillary gets elected in 2016 it will be because she ran an extremely centrist campaign, which she is going to need to do to be relevant anyways. The question is are guys like Bernie Sanders going to cause her to fly her freak flag during the primaries and damage her down the road?
    n the light of the news of the past year, riots in cioties, Warren takeover of the Senate etc, what leads you to believe a centrist candidate will come out of (D) nominating process. And, what leads you to think they can't win.

Crystal balling here

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Garmel View Post
    There's a difference between a few skeletons and just downright corrupt. I'm willing to give a wink and a nod to a few underhanded things but mark my words if she becomes President she will have more things from her past come up. He entire presidency will be a circus.
    You must be too young for the 1990's. They've dug and dug on her ...
    With all of the scrutiny she's faced she might be the cleanest of all of them. 35 years people have been trying to get her

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,326 Posts
    Salon/Huffington Post/Daily Kos ... that's basically all I ever see him referencing.

It's hard not to be completely brainwashed when all you subject yourself to is that tripe.
    Yeah, I might as well start using InfoWars as a reference. It's just as bad.

Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,446 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 57Brave View Post
    It's called where the prairie dust votes or in plain English. Gerrymandering.
    Or where I come from, "every dog has his day"
    First of all, a self-proclaimed Democrat trying to use 'gerrymandering' in a negative context is really amusing.

Secondly, yes; every dog has his day, that's the point -- and your dog had its day from 2008 through 2013 and has been choking it up like a drunken prom queen ever since.

What's it called? Denial?

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,326 Posts
    You must be too young for the 1990's. They've dug and dug on her ...
    With all of the scrutiny she's faced she might be the cleanest of all of them. 35 years people have been trying to get her
    Actually, I voted for Bill Clinton during that time. I was a big time lib back then. In case you haven't noticed most white collar criminals get away with their activities. It's not just Hillary. Plus, that whole E-Mail situation is bad. Very bad. If you can't see it for what it is you really need to quit drinking the Kool Aid.
    Last edited by Garmel; 05-14-2015 at 03:51 PM.

Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,446 Posts
    n the light of the news of the past year, riots in cioties, Warren takeover of the Senate etc, what leads you to believe a centrist candidate will come out of (D) nominating process. And, what leads you to think they can't win.

Crystal balling here
    I think a centrist candidate most definitely can (and will) win. I never said they couldn't. Because the sprint for the middle is a basic tenet of American electoral politics in the 21st century. It's all about the swing and how much of your base you can hold onto without hemorrhaging votes somewhere.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,326 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Heywood View Post
    You don't think his campaign advisers havent reminded him for the last 6 years that if he ran, someone in the media was bound to ask him this question?
    The misunderstanding comes from that he thought was asked. He heard "at the time" not 'looking back".

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Garmel For This Useful Post:

Hawk (05-14-2015)

Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,446 Posts
    More of Bush's comments following his 'walk back' of the Iraq comment:

"That's not to say that there was a courageous effort to bring about a surge that created stability in Iraq. All of that is true. And that is not to say that the men and women that have served in uniform and many others that went to Iraq to serve, they did so, they did so honorably. But, we've answered the question now, so now going forward, what's the role of America going forward. Are we going to pull back now and be defeatists and pessimistic or are we going to engage in a way that creates a more peaceful and secure world. That is what 2016's about.

"Not about 2000, not about 1992, not about 1980, but about the future. And I hope that you want leaders that are going to be forthright in their views that will express those views with compassion and conviction and do so so that there's a clear understanding for America's role in the world."

---

That kind of language makes it pretty clear how he's going to attack Hillary/Obama.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    First of all, a self-proclaimed Democrat trying to use 'gerrymandering' in a negative context is really amusing.

Secondly, yes; every dog has his day, that's the point -- and your dog had its day from 2008 through 2013 and has been choking it up like a drunken prom queen ever since.

What's it called? Denial?
    Didnt use it as a negative -- just a fact of our electoral system Or, any system for that matter
    "To the victor - the spoils""

But to pretend the past two off year elections indicate (R) has some sort of ideological highground is laughable.
    and, statistically wrong.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    “If you knew in 2003 what we know now, would you have launched the war in Iraq?”

What is there to mis understand ?

On Monday, “If you knew in 2003 what we know now, would you have launched the war in Iraq?” Bush said he would have launched the war anyway.

On Tuesday: “If you knew in 2003 what we know now, would you have launched the war in Iraq?” Bush said he doesn’t know what he would have done.

On Wednesday: “If you knew in 2003 what we know now, would you have launched the war in Iraq?” Bush said he doesn’t even want to answer the question at all, because a response would be a “disservice” to U.S. troops.

And on Thursday: “If you knew in 2003 what we know now, would you have launched the war in Iraq?” Bush said he wouldn’t have launched the war.
    Last edited by 57Brave; 05-14-2015 at 04:40 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    There's a difference between a few skeletons and just downright corrupt. I'm willing to give a wink and a nod to a few underhanded things but mark my words if she becomes President she will have more things from her past come up. Her entire presidency will be a circus.
    She might be the most thoroughly vetted individual on earth. 8 years of Whitewater. 2 Senate races in NY State. Confirmation as Sec of State -- and this circus of a GOP is going to u ncover something
    Benghazi perhaps

This is almost comical

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,326 Posts
    She might be the most thoroughly vetted individual on earth. 8 years of Whitewater. 2 Senate races in NY State. Confirmation as Sec of State -- and this circus of a GOP is going to u ncover something
    Benghazi perhaps

This is almost comical
    The only thing comical here is you. If you actually believe that Hillary is clean you have serious issues with reality. I guess since Reagan got away with the Iran-Contra Affair he must be innocent too.
    Last edited by Garmel; 05-14-2015 at 07:40 PM.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Garmel For This Useful Post:

Hawk (05-14-2015)

Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,446 Posts
    But to pretend the past two off year elections indicate (R) has some sort of ideological highground is laughable.
    and, statistically wrong.
    We're not talking about ideological 'high-ground' -- frankly, that's irrelevant here -- we're talking about the results of elections dating back to 2010. It's a clear signal of change in basic ideological identification.

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/...ctions/382394/
    http://www.pbs.org/newshour/updates/...publican-wave/
    http://www.npr.org/2014/11/04/361112...term-elections
    http://www.usnews.com/opinion/blogs/...publican-sweep
    http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Electio...s-here-to-stay

The amount of denial and wrongheadedness that you've exhibited in this thread is staggering.
    Last edited by Hawk; 05-14-2015 at 05:20 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    The only thing comical here is you. If you actually believe that Hillary is clean you have serious issues with reality. I guess since Reagan got away with the Iran-Contra situation he must be innocent too.
    Never said she was innocent I am saying if there was a smoking gun it would have been found by now.
    She probably is the most vetted person in history

Be clear, Hillary is not my candidate of choice

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts

The amount of denial and wrongheadedness that you've exhibited in this thread is staggering.
    From the guy rationaliing Jeb's politicking this past week

Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,446 Posts
    From the guy rationaliing Jeb's politicking this past week
    Sorry, I missed the Huffington Post manifesto providing me all the reasons I should hate Jeb Bush.

This is a candidate who aligns with liberal platforms on education, immigration, and at times big government, so your vitriol comes across as superficially partisan.
    Last edited by Hawk; 05-14-2015 at 09:19 PM.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Hawk For This Useful Post:

Tapate50 (05-15-2015)

**NOT ACTUALLY RACIST
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    440 Posts
    Kim Dotcom is saying Julian Assange is going to come after Hillary hard next year. Has a lot of stuff on Hillary. Yu

Although, I imagine all the liberals who swore by Assange when leaked stuff about Bush will 'question' anything he releases in regards to Hillary

Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,446 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Krgrecw View Post
    Kim Dotcom is saying Julian Assange is going to come after Hillary hard next year. Has a lot of stuff on Hillary. Yu

Although, I imagine all the liberals who swore by Assange when leaked stuff about Bush will 'question' anything he releases in regards to Hillary
    I think neoconservatives are going to come hard after Hillary on Benghazi. I would hammer on her to release the private email server data to a forensics team at every possible opportunity. I'm sure the worry on the Democrats side isn't so much a smoking gun, but a character assassination a la the Nixon tapes.

Gowdy claims he lacks the authority to force the server turnover, but the more likely explanation is that the party believes it can use its eventual nominee to force her hand vis a vis a public mandate.

If there's nothing to hide, why so shy? Jeb turned over all his emails months ago.
    Last edited by Hawk; 05-14-2015 at 09:41 PM.

Connoisseur of Minors zitothebrave's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Krgrecw View Post

**** Hilary.
    Stockholm, more densely populated than NYC - sturg

24. The Following User Says Thank You to zitothebrave For This Useful Post:

57Brave (05-14-2015)