Results 1,241 to 1,260 of 4300

Thread: 2016 Presidential Primaries [ SUPER TUESDAY | 3-1-'16]

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,066 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Don View Post
    Obama wasn't supposed to beat Hillary. What a ground game his team had.

Yeah, even from my vantage point it was pretty awesome seeing him knocking her out.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,708 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zitothebrave View Post
    http://presidential-candidates.insid...illary-Clinton

Basically, more liberal almost across the board, and harder to buy.
    I'll never click that link, but I'm just curious what you stand for? I swear that 10 minutes ago you were a libertarian and now you support Sanders. What are you?
    thank you weso1!

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to weso1 For This Useful Post:

BedellBrave (09-10-2015), The Chosen One (09-10-2015)

Making Atlanta Great Again!
    #MAGA!

Promises MADE, Promises KEPT!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,761 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BedellBrave View Post
    I can't see Saunders as being a pawn of Wall Street. You won't be president if you aren't willing to be.
    Let's hope we can corrupt the current system!
    Forever Fredi

#MAGA!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,761 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by weso1 View Post
    I'll never click that link, but I'm just curious what you stand for? I swear that 10 minutes ago you were a libertarian and now you support Sanders. What are you?
    He likes Bernie because he has a higher WAR than Hillary. Everyone's so obsessed with BA and RBI but Bernie's WAR overall makes him better than Hilldog.
    Forever Fredi

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The Chosen One For This Useful Post:

cajunrevenge (10-03-2015), weso1 (09-10-2015)

#MAGA!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,761 Posts
    My updated list of Presidential hopefuls.

Order I wish would happen:

1)Sanders
    2)Biden
    3)Rand
    4)Trump
    5)Hillary

What I think is likely to happen:
    1)Hillary
    2)GOP
    3)Biden
    4)Sanders
    Forever Fredi

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,066 Posts
    Let's hope we can corrupt the current system!

Now it's my time to be a cynic. it ain't happening. There may be outward trapping - shiny baubles to make the masses think it's changed, but this world is run, not so much by secret Bildebergers but by international corporations and banks.

#MAGA!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,761 Posts
    I do think Biden hurts Bernie/helps Hillary more than anything.

Despite zito not believing so, there are Pro-Sanders voters who would vote for Biden over Hillary because he has a more realistic shot of winning in the general than Bernie.

I'm interested in the timing of everything. Bernie is now leading or neck and neck with Hillary in Iowa AND New Hampshire. Biden making rounds telling people he's possible interested. He could enter the race right before the primaries and shave off votes from Bernie to help Hillary.
    Forever Fredi

**NOT ACTUALLY RACIST
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    440 Posts
    Obama wasn't supposed to beat Hillary. What a ground game his team had.

Ask Bill Clinton about that, next time you see him.

Connoisseur of Minors zitothebrave's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    Pretty much, a bit more right and liberal than the Green Party. Sanders won't likely get my vote in the general election. I agree with him about 80% or so domestically, but he's too pro-military intervention for my liking. Though unlike Hillary and Biden he has the stones to be critical about war.

My hardest struggle with Sanders and the Green Party is they're too concerned with things like giving everyone free college and absolving student loan debt. It makes them buzzy with college kids who're screwed by the current system but what they're advocating is throwing money on a fire to put it out. It will take a whole lot of it, a lot more than they anticipate.

If you look at me on the 4 corner map thing. I'm left of center and very liberal.
    Stockholm, more densely populated than NYC - sturg

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts

Despite zito not believing so, there are Pro-Sanders voters who would vote for Biden over Hillary because he has a more realistic shot of winning in the general than Bernie.

I'm interested in the timing of everything. Bernie is now leading or neck and neck with Hillary in Iowa AND New Hampshire. Biden making rounds telling people he's possible interested. He could enter the race right before the primaries and shave off votes from Bernie to help Hillary.
    Sorry but the polls with Biden in them have taken more points from Hillary than Bernie. Now what happens at the voting booths is a different story. I'm pretty sure Bernie won't lose NH. NH has a unique factor of their liberals being right up Bernie's alley. Add in that Bernie isn't a total unknown in NH like he is elsewhere (as he's the Senator/House rep from Vermont) I think we're seeing true poll results for Sanders in NH. Now nationally, who knows. Maybe nationally most of Sanders's gain is that anyone but Hillary vote.

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,788 Posts
    Pretty much, a bit more right and liberal than the Green Party. Sanders won't likely get my vote in the general election. I agree with him about 80% or so domestically, but he's too pro-military intervention for my liking. Though unlike Hillary and Biden he has the stones to be critical about war.

My hardest struggle with Sanders and the Green Party is they're too concerned with things like giving everyone free college and absolving student loan debt. It makes them buzzy with college kids who're screwed by the current system but what they're advocating is throwing money on a fire to put it out. It will take a whole lot of it, a lot more than they anticipate.

If you look at me on the 4 corner map thing. I'm left of center and very liberal.
    From a guy who paid off $50K in student loan debt already, I'll be pretty pissed if they raise taxes/borrow money to start absolving debt

Hessmania Forever
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,965 Posts

I think a segment of Sanders' support is the Anybody But Hillary caucus and a number of those folks would jump to Biden if he got in.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to 50PoundHead For This Useful Post:

The Chosen One (09-11-2015)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    From a guy who paid off $50K in student loan debt already, I'll be pretty pissed if they raise taxes/borrow money to start absolving debt
    I agree, if they want to do something with that, do it via tax credit so everyone benefits, not just those dumb enough to go to school for art history.

I think a better system is to use the community colleges to get people educated for jobs in need, make those careers in need virtually free to get the education/training you need. I think making all education free is basically equivalent to continued arrested development.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,708 Posts
    What I think is likely to happen:
    1)Hillary
    2)GOP
    3)Biden
    4)Sanders
    Before the email scandal I think you would have a good list, but this email thing appears to have some legs. I'd put Gore, Warren and Kerry in there too though. If Biden decides not to run and Hillary falls off then any of those three could get into the race. I think Biden will run though. I think he's playing up the sympathy angle.
    thank you weso1!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,708 Posts
    I agree, if they want to do something with that, do it via tax credit so everyone benefits, not just those dumb enough to go to school for art history.

I think a better system is to use the community colleges to get people educated for jobs in need, make those careers in need virtually free to get the education/training you need. I think making all education free is basically equivalent to continued arrested development.
    One easy way to make college less expensive is to make it 3 years. There's no real reason it needs to be 4 years. I would also make the costs education only. Don't make the students pay for research. I would have taxpayers pay for research. This is something that in theory should benefit everyone. Create a pool of money that goes into research and create a partisan panel to determine where that research money goes. I would hire less professors and have bigger classes. I think there should be researchers and teachers on college campuses. Allow teachers to research as well, but create an atmosphere where those who really only want to research can just do that. I had a plethora of professors in my college career who just had no interest whatsoever in teaching. I would say that maybe 25% of professors are actually good at teaching. Small classes are important for elementary and middle school aged kids, but in college there are tutors that can help. I think I personally learned more from tutoring sessions then I did from actual classes.

Do away with loans and replace them with work contracts. Make a deal where if you obtain a job then you have to pay this much to the entity that paid for your college education with the caveat that the graduate has to be working. I think this would lead to lenders helping students find jobs, because it would be in their best interest for every student to have a job.
    thank you weso1!

#MAGA!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,761 Posts
    Before the email scandal I think you would have a good list, but this email thing appears to have some legs. I'd put Gore, Warren and Kerry in there too though. If Biden decides not to run and Hillary falls off then any of those three could get into the race. I think Biden will run though. I think he's playing up the sympathy angle.
    These are trends. When it comes down to the thick of the race in the spring people won't care about email and I doubt Bernie or Biden will go after her about it which means only the GOPwill talk about it.

Just like Trump and Carson are temporarily surging in the polls recently I don't think it will have legs when it really matters. Hillary is taking a dip in the polls but I think she will bounce back.

When it comes down to it, immigration, the economy etc are going to be top of the list. If republicans continue to play the email and benghazi card they're going to lose. The fact they're constantly bringing up both still is a sign to me theyre clearly worried still.
    Forever Fredi

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    or, they have no policy alternatives. With legs

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Bernie Sanders at Liberty College today.

Curious that conversation
    Last edited by 57Brave; 09-14-2015 at 01:47 PM.

Hessmania Forever
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,965 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 57Brave View Post
    Bernie Sanders at Liberty College today.

Curious that conversation
    Heard snippets of the story on NPR. From the sound of it, he didn't win any votes, but the students who were interviewed all respected his fortitude for coming to a place where he knew many of his views wouldn't be embraced. Biggest cheer came not from anything that Sanders said, but from a question on abortion (which elicited a standing ovation).

23. The Following User Says Thank You to 50PoundHead For This Useful Post:

BedellBrave (09-15-2015)

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,066 Posts
    Liberty isn't the place it was when Jerry was around.