Page 1 of 215 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 Presidential Primaries [ SUPER TUESDAY | 3-1-'16]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts

2016 Presidential Primaries [ SUPER TUESDAY | 3-1-'16]

"Things must change for our government. Look at it. It isn’t too big to fail. It’s too big to succeed! It's too big to succeed, so we can afford no retreads or nothing will change with the same people and same policies that got us into the status quo. Another Latin word, status quo, and it stands for, ‘Man, the middle-class everyday Americans are really gettin’ taken for a ride.’ That's status quo, and GOP leaders, by the way, y'know the man can only ride ya when your back is bent. So strengthen it. Then the man can't ride ya, America won't be taken for a ride, because so much is at stake and we can't afford politicians playing games like nothing more is at stake than, oh, maybe just the next standing of theirs in the next election."
    - ?

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 57Brave View Post
    "Things must change for our government. Look at it. It isn’t too big to fail. It’s too big to succeed! It's too big to succeed, so we can afford no retreads or nothing will change with the same people and same policies that got us into the status quo. Another Latin word, status quo, and it stands for, ‘Man, the middle-class everyday Americans are really gettin’ taken for a ride.’ That's status quo, and GOP leaders, by the way, y'know the man can only ride ya when your back is bent. So strengthen it. Then the man can't ride ya, America won't be taken for a ride, because so much is at stake and we can't afford politicians playing games like nothing more is at stake than, oh, maybe just the next standing of theirs in the next election."
    - ?
    What do you call the scientific/medical process of removing one's head from one's arse? What ever that is called I say everyone in Washington or who wants to go to Washington gets one for free. It'll be the best money we've ever spent. :)

Connoisseur of Minors zitothebrave's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,463 Posts
    - ?
    That isn't a speech, that's a disjointed collection of soundbites.
    Stockholm, more densely populated than NYC - sturg

4. The Following User Says Thank You to zitothebrave For This Useful Post:

57Brave (01-26-2015)

Connoisseur of Minors zitothebrave's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,463 Posts
    Stealing this from Conan's twitter. Jeb Bush's leading campaign slogan.

"Vote Bush – Because it's Been the Required 8 Years"
    Stockholm, more densely populated than NYC - sturg

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to zitothebrave For This Useful Post:

cajunrevenge (02-28-2015), Hawk (01-26-2015), The Chosen One (01-27-2015)

Hessmania Forever
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,941 Posts
    - ?
    I haven't been following along. Who uttered this?

I thought the New York Times' front page story about the Iowa event was pretty good. Representative Steve King seems intent on driving the Republicans off the cliff.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Iowa speaker

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    1/26/2015
    Blizzard Blogging: Sarah Palin Had to Be Totally High
    As the Rude Pundit awaits the Snowpocalyptic Blizzkrieg (aka "Weather Channel Orgasm"), he figures this is the best time to approach some low-hanging fruit and just slap it right off the tree. Thankfully, such an easy target appeared like a bottle-brunette beacon when Sarah Palin spoke this past weekend at stupidly-named Iowa Freedom Summit. That sounds like an event where you get liberated from wheat or something, but it's actually a day of speeches by conservatives who want to suckle some teabags and get a blessing from nutzoid immigrant hater Rep. Steve King. Every 2016 loser from Donald Trump to Chris Christie gave a speech to the slavering white hordes who beg to be told their hatred and ignorance are virtues.

So, of course, the event climaxed with a speech from former Vice Presidential candidate and one-time demi-governor of Alaska, Sarah Palin. And it was a beautiful thing because, while the speech was a barely coherent blurble of half-assed aphorisms and self-aggrandizement early on, it became something akin to a Klonopin-induced stream of consciousness ramble once her teleprompter stopped working. It was postmodern poetry at its most experimental, and, frankly, it wouldn't have been surprising if Palin had just stood there and cawed like a crow for ten minutes.

Check out some of this:

About posting a photo of her son, Trig, standing on their family dog: "These pictures, it was just scandalous that I would show our big, strapping Lab letting my little boy use her as a stepping stool to get to reach the kitchen sink. I took a picture and said, 'This is what turning a stumbling block into a stepping stone is about.' Who would have thought it would have become a scandal? They just went loco. They went absolutely crazy. This rest of the tinderbox of the world, everything that is going on in it, this was the most outrageous thing that had happened. Barking their tired old death threats against us. Get in line, weasels."

She went on (no, really, and at this point, Palin has gotten more mileage out of exploiting the photo than PETA, the Humane Society, and dog fetishists combined), "Yeah, they are howling to the press, 'Cruelty to animals, Sarah Palin.' Which surprised me, considering what it does, what Joni Ernst does to the those hogs. Not to mention what the President admitted doing to those innocent puppies...The media crucified us." She's like Jesus, that Sarah.

The speech was filled with self-pitying ****ery. Palin gets her picture taken at a gun show with a sign that says, "**** Michael Moore," but "we have taken a lot of heat over the last two days" for the image. Look, if you're gonna be a media whore, it shouldn't be surprising when someone says you'd suck Hannity's cock dry if it meant five more minutes of airtime.

But that was actually in the realm of understandable. Then **** got weird. Talking about the 2016 campaign, Palin babbled, "It is war. It is war for the future of our country, for the sovereignty and solvency of the United States of America. The other side, the far left, they see a need for change. It is by offering real change, again. Coronation, rinse, replay. Clinton, rinse, repeat. These leftists promoting these 'Ready for' campaigns. Ready for Hillary. Well, these hopey-changey DC businesses disguised as grassroots, don't you wonder what the White House thinks of them out there, prancing around, squealing they are ready for someone else? They have to admit it even."

You think that was nonsense? You think that was incomprehensible? Oh, wait. As the gears in her tiny, ****ed-up mind started to break down, Palin's synapses misfired and she lost the ability to complete a thought. On the national debt (maybe? who can tell?), she rambled on, "From debt, when you are in a hole, you don't want to be in the first thing they stop digging. I don't know what is wrong with the leaders in this country who understand we are in a hole we don't want to be in and they keep digging. From debt to energy, proving the inherent links between American-made energy and prosperity, and energy insecurity to solutions like the tax that we need, to stop this unhealthy obsession that we are hearing about, even on our side of the aisle, the subjective income gap we are supposed to be obsessed with. We don't have to be obsessed with it." Seriously, was Palin high? 'Cause if she wasn't totally high and ****ed up, then she has brain damage or her mind has been pickled by too much beer and bear meat.

The most hilarious part of this is that conservatives are saying that the speech wasn't "serious" and that watching it was "painful." Joe Scarborough called it a "tragedy" that she had fallen so far, apparently not understanding the difference between tragedy and comedy.

Really, mother****ers? This was the speech that made you decide Palin was not going to be president one day? 'Cause, see, the rest of us knew she was a fraud and a puffed-up idiot, a wannabe player, and a power-mad gorgon from the start. We didn't need this babbling cartoon character, this monster with a gaping maw, gorging on fame and attention like a snake on a rat, to blither through one more parade of faux folksiness, like Hee-Haw was her Critique of Pure Reason.

If this is truly the nadir of her bottomed out career, the point where even the rubes turn on her (and don't be so sure, rubes being rubes), then her political tombstone should be filled with all the times she mocked President Obama for his use of a teleprompter, like he wasn't capable of off-the-cuff speaking. You could say she should apologize, but that presumes she feels shame.
    f

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    ....and to think a little over 6 years ago some here argued she was up to being a heartbeat away from the "code"
    Like literally - a heartbeat of a 70 some year old man

People here still agree with her. You know who you are

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,758 Posts
    57 is a sexist

#liberallogic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    *busted*

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts

Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,446 Posts
    "What Sarah Palin And Chris Christie Have In Common"

Neither will be the nominee in 2016, for starters.

**NOT ACTUALLY RACIST
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    440 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    "What Sarah Palin And Chris Christie Have In Common"

Neither will be the nominee in 2016, for starters.

I thought the answer was that 'neither can do worse than Obama has done'

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Krgrecw For This Useful Post:

NinersSBChamps (01-29-2015)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Rand Paul needs to be shushed: Why the confrontational brat is not ready for prime time

The internet buzz the past few days is Paul the Youngers impatience with Kelly Evans of CNBC asking questions and the accompanying rude gesture
    Two things about him
    1) By Kentucky law in order for him to run a national campaign he will have to relinquish his Senate seat

2) Does he have the temperament to be in the fishbowl 24/7 for 18 months ?
    /////

Personally -I don't see this ending well

Then there’s the way he tried to shut down Evans. The host of “Closing Bell” was direct, even confrontational at times – but that’s her job. She was asking him not only about his vaccine views, but about a fascinating Washington Post report on the opthalmology “board” he established to end-run the official board certification process, which he contended favored older doctors. Paul wrote and gave the exam (and took it himself), put only his wife and father-in-law on the board, listed his address in the wrong state, and in the end, saw some doctors who earned his certificate lose their hospital practice rights and ultimately have to seek the established board’s certification.

http://www.salon.com/2015/02/03/rand...or_prime_time/

Waiting for Free Agency acesfull86's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    908 Posts
    Per WSJ, Gary Johnson is seeking the Libertarian nomination. I know who has my vote. You folks enjoy your Clinton's and your Bush's, pretending there's a lick of real difference.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to acesfull86 For This Useful Post:

cajunrevenge (02-28-2015), DirkPiggler (06-24-2015)

Hessmania Forever
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,941 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by acesfull86 View Post
    Per WSJ, Gary Johnson is seeking the Libertarian nomination. I know who has my vote. You folks enjoy your Clinton's and your Bush's, pretending there's a lick of real difference.
    Lifelong lefty that I am, if it's Clinton v. Jeb, I just might join you.

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,758 Posts
    I love Gary Johnson.

Basically ther perfect candidate to satisfy ALL bases.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,122 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by acesfull86 View Post
    honestly most people I know don't want either of them, liberal or conservative.
    obviously that's not representative as the whole base, because those two are both popular, but most people i associate with, whether via internet or real-life, are dreading one of them being president.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to yeezus For This Useful Post:

AerchAngel (04-08-2016)

Waiting for Free Agency acesfull86's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    908 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by yeezus View Post
    honestly most people I know don't want either of them, liberal or conservative.
    obviously that's not representative as the whole base, because those two are both popular, but most people i associate with, whether via internet or real-life, are dreading one of them being president.
    I could never vote for either of them, though I think both parties could do worse (Santorum, Biden, certainly).