Page 20 of 42 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Thread: Video Game Thread: Atari vs. Commodore Debate...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,524 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    You'd end up hating me because I would bust you up in any video game we played.
    lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zitothebrave View Post
    Everyone was so good at games back in the day. It's keeping good now with a job and social life that's hard.
    If I ever played I think I would still have been pretty damn good. Its not that I don't like video games or look down on them at all anymore, I just don't have the same desire to play console games.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Voted Worst Poster
    2015 (Co-Winner)
    2018 (Unanimous)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,185 Posts
    If I ever played I think I would still have been pretty damn good. Its not that I don't like video games or look down on them at all anymore, I just don't have the same desire to play console games.
    I am in the same boat. I tried playing some of the sports games I would play in the past.

MLB, NBA, and Madden, but they were all so boring.

Connoisseur of Minors zitothebrave's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    I'd say PC Games rock. BUT I know you're not gaming there either.
    Stockholm, more densely populated than NYC - sturg

Got the Call to Lynchburg
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    61 Posts
    Just grabbed Witcher 3. Looking forward to putting in some hours toward it this weekend.

Playing the Waiting Game keithlaw's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    294 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thewupk View Post
    Picked up Witcher 3 today. Apparently the game world is 3.5 times bigger than skyrim
    Witcher 3 is the best

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    Only got it today. But so far Splatoon is super fun.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,298 Posts
    Only got it today. But so far Splatoon is super fun.
    Mine should be here monday or Tuesday

Making Atlanta Great Again!
    #MAGA!

Promises MADE, Promises KEPT!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,761 Posts
    Guess I'll get it too. All up to you now, Cy and weso.
    Forever Fredi

Secretary of Statistics AerchAngel's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts
    I've downloaded it, good graphics (SSD drive rocks, no pausing after putting it on a normal drive, which stuttered), but it is blah to me.

I will pass, sorry, if my kid can't play it then I want no part of it. I only play two games, WOW (which my kid loves and why I still play games in general) and Solitaire, don't care about anything else.

My Android is good for playing online Scrabble and Pinochle which is good for me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Heywood View Post
    Guess I'll get it too. All up to you now, Cy and weso.
    It's really fun. Once I get better grasp on the levels and utilize the gamepad better things should be more fun.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts
    It's really fun. Once I get better grasp on the levels and utilize the gamepad better things should be more fun.
    It is not kid friendly. I gave up playing these types of games. I rather play something for 30 minutes I am done and then my kid can play them. World or Warcraft she plays a lot. This game has profanity you can't censure, very violent, so I want no part of it. She ask me can she play and I said no way and explained why.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    What are you interested in at E3? Few titles that should be shown that I'm interested in.

First is new Gears. Hopefully it's better than Judgement. Got Judgement for free from XBL and it sucked. They made it too much like COD. Second is new Forza. I love Forza would like to see what was added to this one. Third is Star Wars the Old Republic. THen we have the new Star Fox game which I'm intrigued about. I'm hoping they go back to the creative rail shooter that made the first 2 so damned fun. I love open world as much as the rest, but sometimes you just want something simple and challenging and that was Star Fox and Star Fox 64. Also hope for more Battlefront stuff.

Then what are probably the 2 I'm most intrigued about, ROck Band 4, and Mass Effect 4. Rock Band 4 brings a few interesting things to me, first a ton of music from the first 3 games and DLC is portable. My hold back is the cost. I assume my 360 controllers won't work with the one. Or I'd need to buy an adapter which if it's not included with the game, we saw with Smash Bros, adapters go fast. ME4 will intrigue me. I'll buy it, but I hope it doesn't continue the overall slide from 1 to 3. 1 was the best overall game. 2 story lacked, but the game play was much improved from one. 3 had only slight gameplay improvements (though it is debatable) and the story was even weaker. Of course the DLC endings improved the game. But the original endings were just so stupid.

Hopefully with 4 (I presume the first part of a new trilogy) they get back to the basics. But since EA has bought Bioware, the basics haven't been as important.

And on the list of games I'll certainly be buying is Megaman Legacy Collection, first 6 Megamans all together with some revamps. Megaman was a huge game in my childhood. Huge. I really cannot wait to get it. Will wait til first price drop or it comes out on Wii U if the Wii U offers some additional cool features. Otherwise I'm getting it on PC. Love XB1 but the PC is just higher performing.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AerchAngel View Post
    It is not kid friendly. I gave up playing these types of games. I rather play something for 30 minutes I am done and then my kid can play them. World or Warcraft she plays a lot. This game has profanity you can't censure, very violent, so I want no part of it. She ask me can she play and I said no way and explained why.
    What are you talking about? Splatoon has no profanity. I guess someone could type stuff up that's profane but that exists in any online world. Splatoon is literally about covering more of the map with ink than the other team. Only violence is getting inked where nothing happens you vanish and go back. And you can't get it on PC So I know you're talking about something else.

If you're talking about Witcher 3, then you're having a totally different conversation.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts
    What are you talking about? Splatoon has no profanity. I guess someone could type stuff up that's profane but that exists in any online world. Splatoon is literally about covering more of the map with ink than the other team. Only violence is getting inked where nothing happens you vanish and go back. And you can't get it on PC So I know you're talking about something else.

If you're talking about Witcher 3, then you're having a totally different conversation.
    Witcher 3. They said "sh it" and my wife went ballistic because my daughter was next to me when listening to dialogue"

All I have is a dusted WII and PS2, which we never play so console games is something we don't play. I grew up with no consoles and we had a lot of fun. I don't want my kids addicted to consoles or tablets but go outside and shoot hoops and play wiffle ball which they love, my son, he is into soccer at nearly 5 years old. I rather they do that than playing video games when it is between 75 and 82 everyday here.

I play only a few video games but I have access to any, if I choose to do so. But I never downloaded a game I like and that is why I never pay for something that collects dust like the many pc games, xbox games, wii games and ps2 games that are sitting in a box in a garage which I can't get rid of. I played them maybe 2 or 3 times and that is why I don't pay for games anymore. I spent a fortune on stuff I really did not like.

Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,446 Posts
    I sold my PS4 a few weeks ago. I have bought and sold one three times now. The first was at launch, the second I got for $150 on Cowboom, and the third I bought just for GTA V.

Console games are just so boring and redundant anymore.

Will stick to strategy games on my PC until the VR headsets come out.

Making Atlanta Great Again!
    #MAGA!

Promises MADE, Promises KEPT!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,761 Posts
    Nintendo just fired a huge shot.

Announced today that part of the Suepr Smash DLC content is Ryu from Street Fighter.

I just watched the announcement video of Ryu on Smash during E3... OMG. I am going to download as soon as I get home but apparently some of the servers are shut down because of the demand overload.
    Forever Fredi

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    I sold my PS4 a few weeks ago. I have bought and sold one three times now. The first was at launch, the second I got for $150 on Cowboom, and the third I bought just for GTA V.

Console games are just so boring and redundant anymore.

Will stick to strategy games on my PC until the VR headsets come out.
    I have a ton of PC and PS2 games that are collecting dusts, none are online types, so what do with it? Sell the console with games? My family will never play console games, even in the cold sub zero degree weather. They rather write on chalkboards of do mega blocks, tiddly winks and lincoln logs than play a game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,298 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AerchAngel View Post
    Witcher 3. They said "sh it" and my wife went ballistic because my daughter was next to me when listening to dialogue"

All I have is a dusted WII and PS2, which we never play so console games is something we don't play. I grew up with no consoles and we had a lot of fun. I don't want my kids addicted to consoles or tablets but go outside and shoot hoops and play wiffle ball which they love, my son, he is into soccer at nearly 5 years old. I rather they do that than playing video games when it is between 75 and 82 everyday here.

I play only a few video games but I have access to any, if I choose to do so. But I never downloaded a game I like and that is why I never pay for something that collects dust like the many pc games, xbox games, wii games and ps2 games that are sitting in a box in a garage which I can't get rid of. I played them maybe 2 or 3 times and that is why I don't pay for games anymore. I spent a fortune on stuff I really did not like.
    The witcher games are very adult oriented. Harsh langauge and usually a ton of nudity as well. Just a heads up.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,708 Posts
    I'm really looking forward to Bethesda's conference tonight. Lots of good stuff.
    thank you weso1!