Page 25 of 42 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Thread: Video Game Thread: Atari vs. Commodore Debate...

Connoisseur of Minors zitothebrave's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,463 Posts
    Microsoft with a potential big win for console gamers

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/mic...GSS-05-10aaa0b
    Stockholm, more densely populated than NYC - sturg

Making Atlanta Great Again!
    #MAGA!

Promises MADE, Promises KEPT!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,746 Posts
    Yay! Now I can play Smash and Mario Kart with PS4 errrr nvm...
    Forever Fredi

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,463 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Don View Post
    Yay! Now I can play Smash and Mario Kart with PS4 errrr nvm...
    Are you looking at Star Fox Zero?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,463 Posts
    Microsoft going to announce Gears 4 soon. Teaser has a new cast with a statue of Marcus Fenix, so one has to assume it's set at least a bit into the future.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,481 Posts
    So, how ****ing retarded is Nintendo?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,463 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CyYoung31 View Post
    So, how ****ing retarded is Nintendo?
    Really. Zelda has been delayed so much that if it isn't one of the best games ever it will be disappointing. They're seemingly shifting all their eggs to the NX basket, which better not fail as that's basically it for them. I don't think they survive another bad console.

#MAGA!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,746 Posts
    They're gonna port Zelda to both.

Nintendo has done this forever so not sure why people are surprised.

They are the biggest offenders of "remastered remakes"

Rumor is they'll port both Star fox and Zelda as well as smash to the NX as well. I'm thinking the NX version will have all the dlc with it already
    Forever Fredi

#MAGA!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,746 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zitothebrave View Post
    Really. Zelda has been delayed so much that if it isn't one of the best games ever it will be disappointing. They're seemingly shifting all their eggs to the NX basket, which better not fail as that's basically it for them. I don't think they survive another bad console.
    Nintendo has a ridiculous amount of money in reserves. They may be cheap but they aren't broke compared to Xbox or ps4
    Forever Fredi

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,463 Posts
    Nintendo has a ridiculous amount of money in reserves. They may be cheap but they aren't broke compared to Xbox or ps4
    Thankfully for them the 3DS is killing it. I'm sure others like me just bought one recently because of Pokemon and SNES games. Not that you can't play them with emulators, but you can't play them on the go with emulators.

#MAGA!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,746 Posts
    You must have never seen the phone emulators. I introduced one of the teenagers who's never heard of Pokemon to the PK Silver on emulator I had on my Note 2 at the time. He downloaded it and had never played PK before, onto his phone and was hooked on it. We ended up buying 3DS just for X & Y.
    Forever Fredi

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,481 Posts
    I really couldn't give a **** when they release it. My problem is that they aren't presenting their new hardware at the biggest media event of the year, which doesn't bode well for its sales, and therefore support. On top of that, they don't even appear to be supporting the Wii U for the rest of this year.

That is very problematic.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,463 Posts
    I really couldn't give a **** when they release it. My problem is that they aren't presenting their new hardware at the biggest media event of the year, which doesn't bode well for its sales, and therefore support. On top of that, they don't even appear to be supporting the Wii U for the rest of this year.

That is very problematic.
    Nintendo doesn't usually go hard at E3, E3 has lost a lot of luster and they're using Nintendo Direct instead. Starting with the E3 ones, now they're out of E3, they're pretty much using E3 as a way to discuss things already announced. In this case the upcoming Legend of Zelda.

FWIW Nintendo just released very recently Star Fox Zero and Pokken Tournament, both huge franchises. Though I think Nintendo has failed in one aspect, Bringing Samus Aran back. In the GCN Metroid Prime was king, then they released Prime 3 pretty early in on the Wii, then they went weird with the Other M, and nothing since. They announced a spinoff, and that is it.Why no Metroid?

For me th eonly Nintendo failure will be if the NX is just another gimmick console. They have to realize that the home console market is for semi-hardcore games. Casual gamers are playing on their phones and tablets. Still be innovative, but don't alienate hardcore games.

What I want from the NX.

Best in class processor and GPU. Cannot accept as good as PS4, it has to be better so it can last more than 4 or 5 years when the next gens from Sony and Microsoft come out.

Choice of controllers. I like the idea of having the wii mote for kids and casual gamers, but don't force someone to use them, either a developer or a player. I think the best part about Smash Bros is that you can use a large variety of controllers, from the Pro controller, to the Pad, to WIi U controllers ot the Gamecube controller, you're not limited in your choice and forced to do something awkward. IMO that's the failure of Zelda games on the Wii, that you were handicapped and forced to use the WIi controller even if you didn't want to and it oftentimes made certain things a bit awkward.

Lastly is still backwards compatibility. Make it so Wii users and Wii U users can keep their games and contorllers and use them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,463 Posts
    You must have never seen the phone emulators. I introduced one of the teenagers who's never heard of Pokemon to the PK Silver on emulator I had on my Note 2 at the time. He downloaded it and had never played PK before, onto his phone and was hooked on it. We ended up buying 3DS just for X & Y.
    Nah, it's not the same. There's something great about holding a console in your hands.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,481 Posts
    Nintendo doesn't usually go hard at E3, E3 has lost a lot of luster and they're using Nintendo Direct instead. Starting with the E3 ones, now they're out of E3, they're pretty much using E3 as a way to discuss things already announced. In this case the upcoming Legend of Zelda.

FWIW Nintendo just released very recently Star Fox Zero and Pokken Tournament, both huge franchises. Though I think Nintendo has failed in one aspect, Bringing Samus Aran back. In the GCN Metroid Prime was king, then they released Prime 3 pretty early in on the Wii, then they went weird with the Other M, and nothing since. They announced a spinoff, and that is it.Why no Metroid?

For me th eonly Nintendo failure will be if the NX is just another gimmick console. They have to realize that the home console market is for semi-hardcore games. Casual gamers are playing on their phones and tablets. Still be innovative, but don't alienate hardcore games.

What I want from the NX.

Best in class processor and GPU. Cannot accept as good as PS4, it has to be better so it can last more than 4 or 5 years when the next gens from Sony and Microsoft come out.

Choice of controllers. I like the idea of having the wii mote for kids and casual gamers, but don't force someone to use them, either a developer or a player. I think the best part about Smash Bros is that you can use a large variety of controllers, from the Pro controller, to the Pad, to WIi U controllers ot the Gamecube controller, you're not limited in your choice and forced to do something awkward. IMO that's the failure of Zelda games on the Wii, that you were handicapped and forced to use the WIi controller even if you didn't want to and it oftentimes made certain things a bit awkward.

Lastly is still backwards compatibility. Make it so Wii users and Wii U users can keep their games and contorllers and use them.
    It doesn't matter if E3 isn't what it was. It's still the biggest media event of the year. They're insane not to use E3 to build interest in their new hardware. The worst part is they're completely abandoning the Wii U with a whole year to go, effectively ****ing us owners in the ass. It's bull****.

And there was basically an annual Metroid release between 2002-2010 (8 games in 8 years plus a collection). They haven't forgotten about Metroid. But, I do want a new game, and soon.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,463 Posts
    It doesn't matter if E3 isn't what it was. It's still the biggest media event of the year. They're insane not to use E3 to build interest in their new hardware. The worst part is they're completely abandoning the Wii U with a whole year to go, effectively ****ing us owners in the ass. It's bull****.

And there was basically an annual Metroid release between 2002-2010 (8 games in 8 years plus a collection). They haven't forgotten about Metroid. But, I do want a new game, and soon.
    I agree abandoning the Wii U stinks. They're basically telling people save your money for the next console. Which is dumb. Knowing Nintendo though, they'll come out with some cool under the radar game like when Splatoon hit. But I agree the wait is dumb, Zelda should be out if it's gonna be ready. Nintendo is doing dumb ****, but assuming the NX is actually a competitor for the XB1 and PS4, then I'll be OK with it. I don't play my Wii U much aside form Mario Maker anymore. And the controller is a big part as is the lack of a great hardcore game. I log a **** ton of hours to games like FIFA, Fallout, etc. and those aren't really options on the Wii U.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to zitothebrave For This Useful Post:

CyYoung31 (04-29-2016)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,481 Posts
    I agree abandoning the Wii U stinks. They're basically telling people save your money for the next console. Which is dumb. Knowing Nintendo though, they'll come out with some cool under the radar game like when Splatoon hit. But I agree the wait is dumb, Zelda should be out if it's gonna be ready. Nintendo is doing dumb ****, but assuming the NX is actually a competitor for the XB1 and PS4, then I'll be OK with it. I don't play my Wii U much aside form Mario Maker anymore. And the controller is a big part as is the lack of a great hardcore game. I log a **** ton of hours to games like FIFA, Fallout, etc. and those aren't really options on the Wii U.
    You should send me some of your level codes. I will do the same for you.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,463 Posts
    "Normally we would've shown the NX at E3, but we didn't. We're worried about imitators if we release info too early." — Shigeru Miyamoto

Dig at Sony from Mr. Nintendo?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,481 Posts
    Is anyone else going crazy on this Steam summer sale?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,463 Posts
    Is anyone else going crazy on this Steam summer sale?
    I haven't yet, debated on a few things but just holding back.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,463 Posts
    So I got Doom, Rocksmith and Arkham Knight w/Season Pass at the steam sale. Debating on the Steam controller or not.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to zitothebrave For This Useful Post:

CyYoung31 (07-01-2016)