Page 29 of 42 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast

Thread: Video Game Thread: Atari vs. Commodore Debate...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,513 Posts
    NEW 2D METROID MUTHA ****AS!!!!!!!!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CyYoung31 For This Useful Post:

mossy (06-13-2017), zitothebrave (06-14-2017)

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,322 Posts
    XBox One X retailing for $499. Too high?

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,289 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Garmel View Post
    For the components, its a good value.

But if you have an Xbox and/or a high end gaming PC, then I don't see the point in getting it. I do love Microsoft's Play Anywhere iniative.

Connoisseur of Minors zitothebrave's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chop2chip View Post
    E3 has been better than usual this year. Lots of fun games being announced, in particular Metroid Prime 4.

Anybody else following?
    I think the reason it was better was Nintendo actually trying. Last few years they've forgone E3 for Nintendo Directs for announcements. While Nintendo DIrect was how we saw first Mario Odyssey arms, Splatoon 2, etc. The dual big announcements of Metroid Prime 4, Pokemon for Switch, and Metroid Samus Returns is huge. And of course the gameplay trailer of Odyssey blew everyone away. Nintendo came to play at E3 and stole the show.

Aside from Nintendo I wasn't that thrilled with anything else. Beyond GOod and Evil 2 being announced is rad. Anthem looks good, but after the disaster of Andromeda, Bioware has lost my auto purchase and if it's just another Destiny, I don't appreciate games that just grind. So I hope it becomes much better than that.
    Stockholm, more densely populated than NYC - sturg

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Garmel View Post
    It's not too high for what's inside of it. It's a beast compared to the One S.

I'm debating on picking one up at launch, there aren't a ton of games aside from Gears (which honestly I hardly play thanks to Overwatch and my switch) and Shadow of War I have or are really interested in.

I'm in the process of saving up some cash to buy a gaming PC and I don't foresee this stopping me.

Again, it's a great deal for it's price, but there's nothing to sell me on it yet. I got the One S for basic 4K, and the games I mainly play wouldn't be helped by a One X.

Also what a ****ty name. One X already exists in the lexicon of US consumerism. It's what shows up on your phone when you're in the middle of nowhere and have basically no cell signal because the 1XRTT system can text or call and not even that well.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,289 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zitothebrave View Post
    I think the reason it was better was Nintendo actually trying. Last few years they've forgone E3 for Nintendo Directs for announcements. While Nintendo DIrect was how we saw first Mario Odyssey arms, Splatoon 2, etc. The dual big announcements of Metroid Prime 4, Pokemon for Switch, and Metroid Samus Returns is huge. And of course the gameplay trailer of Odyssey blew everyone away. Nintendo came to play at E3 and stole the show.

Aside from Nintendo I wasn't that thrilled with anything else. Beyond GOod and Evil 2 being announced is rad. Anthem looks good, but after the disaster of Andromeda, Bioware has lost my auto purchase and if it's just another Destiny, I don't appreciate games that just grind. So I hope it becomes much better than that.
    Ubisoft had a really good show I thought. Creed and Farcry aren't my type of game, but those new versions look really good. The Mario + Rabbids game looks crazy, but in a good way.

As a Switch owner, I'm happy to see Rocket League and a good FIFA port coming. It's a solid indication that the third party support will be there this generation.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    Ubisoft had a really good show I thought. Creed and Farcry aren't my type of game, but those new versions look really good. The Mario + Rabbids game looks crazy, but in a good way.

As a Switch owner, I'm happy to see Rocket League and a good FIFA port coming. It's a solid indication that the third party support will be there this generation.
    They had a good show, but Ubisoft is a developer I don't really trust. They continually overpromise and underdeliver.

I like that they're getting real ports for the Switch. Seems like the Wii and Wii U got robbed.

I'm excited to get Arms. I played the demo and loved the concept.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,289 Posts
    They had a good show, but Ubisoft is a developer I don't really trust. They continually overpromise and underdeliver.

I like that they're getting real ports for the Switch. Seems like the Wii and Wii U got robbed.

I'm excited to get Arms. I played the demo and loved the concept.
    Not a fighting game fan, but that looks like it would be fun to play as long as its somebody else's copy of the game haha

All in all, the Switch's first year library is pretty nice and it looks like Nintendo is well stocked for a good 2018. If this system gets even decent third party support, its gonna be a smash success.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    Not a fighting game fan, but that looks like it would be fun to play as long as its somebody else's copy of the game haha

All in all, the Switch's first year library is pretty nice and it looks like Nintendo is well stocked for a good 2018. If this system gets even decent third party support, its gonna be a smash success.
    Smash Success? Are you hinting at an HD remake of Melee? /s

I told someone, the new smash will coincide with making the (or a new) USB adapter work with the Switch.

Read a post saying what Nintendo got right and wrong at E3 and they were critiqued for not announcing Smash. Everyone knows that eventually Smash will come to the Switch. What we got was 2 huge announcements no one expected in a core Pokemon game and Prime 4.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,708 Posts
    I thought this E3 was pretty crappy. I hated the Beyond Good and Evil 2 trailer. The boob physics and unnecessary cursing were completely superfluous. It completely took away from the world that I thought Michel Ancel had created. On top of that why is BGE2 a prequel? It makes no sense. Just a gigantic disappointment. I would rather do without a continuation of the story than the perversion that Ubisoft appears to be peddling.

r

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,289 Posts
    Smash Success? Are you hinting at an HD remake of Melee? /s

I told someone, the new smash will coincide with making the (or a new) USB adapter work with the Switch.

Read a post saying what Nintendo got right and wrong at E3 and they were critiqued for not announcing Smash. Everyone knows that eventually Smash will come to the Switch. What we got was 2 huge announcements no one expected in a core Pokemon game and Prime 4.
    Good call. I could see that game launching alongside a new hardware feature and/or enhanced online capability

The core Pokemon game is going to be a huge selling point for the Switch. Has there been a version of the mainline Pokemon games that hasn't sold like gangbusters?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    Good call. I could see that game launching alongside a new hardware feature and/or enhanced online capability

The core Pokemon game is going to be a huge selling point for the Switch. Has there been a version of the mainline Pokemon games that hasn't sold like gangbusters?
    Not really. I think the lowest performing is Sun/Moon but it's still and active title. Probably making X and Y which sold like 20M units each the lowest.

Lynchburg Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

Used to love Nintendo but The GameCube the last Home Console from them that I Enjoyed. Nintendo games have gotten way too easy. No more Ghost and Ghoblins or Silver Surfer. I do Enjoy playing my PlayStation 3 and 4. Dark Souls 2 for PS4 is my favorite

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,513 Posts
    Anybody gotten down on that Steam summer sale?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    I'm 100% getting Mini SNES Classic.

If not for any other reason than acutally getting to play Star Fox 2.

Of course there's the plethora of classic titles that defined my childhood like A Link to the Past, Super Metroid, DOnkey Kong COuntry, Earthbound, Secret of Mana, Final Fantasy 3, and of course Super Mario World.

Making Atlanta Great Again!
    #MAGA!

Promises MADE, Promises KEPT!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,760 Posts
    Wish it had Super Mario All-Stars.

I'd play the shizz out of it everyday.
    Forever Fredi

**NOT ACTUALLY RACIST
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    440 Posts

Of course there's the plethora of classic titles that defined my childhood like A Link to the Past, Super Metroid, DOnkey Kong COuntry, Earthbound, Secret of Mana, Final Fantasy 3, and of course Super Mario World.

Good luck getting one. Even though the games don't compare to the NES classic, I think more people will line up for this.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,289 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Krgrecw View Post
    Good luck getting one. Even though the games don't compare to the NES classic, I think more people will line up for this.
    Now that's just crazy talk.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,289 Posts

I want these games... on my Switch.

Can you imagine if Nintendo just offered a same or similar package through the virtual console? It would be purchased by everyone who owns a Switch

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    Now that's just crazy talk.
    Yes, the SNES classic has 10 times the quality games as the NES did. ANd it's not the NES's fault, just the SNES was a vastly superior console. Mario World is one of the best Mario Games, Super Metroid is so far beyond superior to Metroid it isn't funny. ALTtP is night and day better than the original 2 zeldas. Not to mention what has to be 3 of the best RPG's of their era in FF3, Secret of Mana, and Earthbound.