Page 41 of 42 FirstFirst ... 3139404142 LastLast

Thread: Video Game Thread: Atari vs. Commodore Debate...

Connoisseur of Minors zitothebrave's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thewupk View Post
    It's looking like a real one for sure
    I've already put 100+ hours into early access.

If they make DLC for the game it could be one of my all time most played games. It just looks so big and awesome.
    Stockholm, more densely populated than NYC - sturg

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    I'm loving BG3 so far. Only gripes I've hit is not autosaving after big events (Fighting the boss at conclusion of act 1 thought it would autosave, died before starting act 2 had to fight boss again) and I can't romance anyone without being serious. Though maybe you can as a bard. Or with certain NPCs, anyway, I'm enjoying the game a ton. I'm already at level 9 and just barely entered Baldur's gate. I'm enjoying my Illithid heavy run, and will probably follow it with an Illithid minimal run. But that party comp will be more dialed in. I'm rolling with Shadowheart, Karlach, and Gale. And I'm playing a monk. I'm pretty great at soloing players and dealing with large quantity low HP enemies, but when you have lots of equal leveled monsters, sometimes I die a bunch.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,294 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zitothebrave View Post
    I'm loving BG3 so far. Only gripes I've hit is not autosaving after big events (Fighting the boss at conclusion of act 1 thought it would autosave, died before starting act 2 had to fight boss again) and I can't romance anyone without being serious. Though maybe you can as a bard. Or with certain NPCs, anyway, I'm enjoying the game a ton. I'm already at level 9 and just barely entered Baldur's gate. I'm enjoying my Illithid heavy run, and will probably follow it with an Illithid minimal run. But that party comp will be more dialed in. I'm rolling with Shadowheart, Karlach, and Gale. And I'm playing a monk. I'm pretty great at soloing players and dealing with large quantity low HP enemies, but when you have lots of equal leveled monsters, sometimes I die a bunch.
    This type of game really isn’t my jam but given how awesome it seems to be I think I’ll give it a shot at some point

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chop2chip View Post
    This type of game really isn’t my jam but given how awesome it seems to be I think I’ll give it a shot at some point
    I don't want to pretend it's for everyone, cause it's not. But it's pretty danged close to playing D&D. And above it all it's cinematic as ****. The number of unique dialogue in the game is amazing, and every roll you make has an importance. Like sometimes I'd die and just choose a different line of dialogue to see what happens and it's kind of amazing what can change.

I'm starting up a second campaign to do something a little different. Going for a solo target burst damage build with Karlach, Astarion and Shadowheart. I'll make Shadowhearr a light cleric for fireball. Healing will be hard but if my lines hold, I'll be hard to beat.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,326 Posts
    There are jokes about druids and their animal companions that are dominating BG3. Any truth to any of that?

Sabermetric Slut
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,865 Posts
    I don't want to pretend it's for everyone, cause it's not. But it's pretty danged close to playing D&D. And above it all it's cinematic as ****. The number of unique dialogue in the game is amazing, and every roll you make has an importance. Like sometimes I'd die and just choose a different line of dialogue to see what happens and it's kind of amazing what can change.

I'm starting up a second campaign to do something a little different. Going for a solo target burst damage build with Karlach, Astarion and Shadowheart. I'll make Shadowhearr a light cleric for fireball. Healing will be hard but if my lines hold, I'll be hard to beat.
    I would hope it's close to playing D&D since that's what it's based off of.

I haven't played it yet as I'm waiting on the PS5 release. Sadly I'm no longer in the PC Masterrace club as much as it pains me to say that.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,294 Posts
    I would hope it's close to playing D&D since that's what it's based off of.

I haven't played it yet as I'm waiting on the PS5 release. Sadly I'm no longer in the PC Masterrace club as much as it pains me to say that.
    Poor Xbox. They finally have this moment to shine with the release of Starfield and Sony somehow stumbled on a console exclusive RPG that’s taking the world by storm that happens to come out the same day as Starfield.

Sabermetric Slut
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,865 Posts
    Poor Xbox. They finally have this moment to shine with the release of Starfield and Sony somehow stumbled on a console exclusive RPG that’s taking the world by storm that happens to come out the same day as Starfield.
    Starfield was supposed to be that game which is funny. It still may be but who knows. BG3 releasing a month early on PC helps them imo.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    BG3 is going to come to XBox eventually, the issue is that the XBox Series S they're not able to get Split Screen to work. If XBox would let them release it only for Series X it would be out with the PS5 launch.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,294 Posts
    BG3 is going to come to XBox eventually, the issue is that the XBox Series S they're not able to get Split Screen to work. If XBox would let them release it only for Series X it would be out with the PS5 launch.
    That’s fine but the initial launch window is what drives discourse and majority of the sales. Huge missed opportunity for MSFT and lucky break for Sony.

The steam concurrent user numbers for this game are insane. Very Elden Ring like

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Garmel View Post
    There are jokes about druids and their animal companions that are dominating BG3. Any truth to any of that?
    THere is a wildshape sex scene if that's what you're talking about. I don't believe there's anything with animal companions I've heard about but I haven't been a ranger.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    OK slight amendment, there are some people you can romance without things being serious. Specifically Laezel. There must be some others too.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,294 Posts
    Baldur’s Gate is good ****. As someone who never really cared for the BioWare formula, the writing has the characters/story with their hooks in me.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to chop2chip For This Useful Post:

zitothebrave (08-26-2023)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    Baldur’s Gate is good ****. As someone who never really cared for the BioWare formula, the writing has the characters/story with their hooks in me.
    I'm on my 3rd solo run and kind of doing a "bad" run, and it makes me mad, I had to betray so many NPCs I loved in the first 2 runs and I also lost like all the companions. Like Legit best case scenario option for me is 4 companions. Unless I buck the evil run and go good in the second act but I don't really want to do that. I want the evil run and all bad that it entails. Even if I never really complete it because it's too annoying.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    GTA VI trailer came out, my hunch of remixed Vice City was right. Looks fun

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,294 Posts
    GTA VI trailer came out, my hunch of remixed Vice City was right. Looks fun
    Game is going to be massive. GTA V has made $8b in all time sales. With how much gaming has exploded in the last 15 years, I would bet on GTA VI exceeding that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    Game is going to be massive. GTA V has made $8b in all time sales. With how much gaming has exploded in the last 15 years, I would bet on GTA VI exceeding that.
    For sure it's gonna dominate for at least a year. But the only thing against it is generally gamers are more cautious now, but Rockstar has an amazing rep and would really fumble the bag if they don't launch a high quality game. Especially with the cash cow that is GTAO. That's why I'm assuming this took so long, figuring out how to migrate people over and not lose tons of money.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    BG3 has to be one of the best games ever made. Even this late in the game, I'm playing 10 hours a week. I suspect I"ll be over 500 by the end of January or at least the end of February (wedding in january)

The wild thing is still finding new stuff with over 400 hours put in. Even on my latest run, it was my first run doing the Kou-toa, I knew they existed but never looked it up and finally did it. Similarly because I accidently let him die, I finally reunited the burning man with Miri. Unfortunately I somehow ****ed up saving Minthara. Guess I'll have to do another run that's goodish, I'm thinking a Gale run. Wonder if you eat magic items if you are Gale. Guess I'll find out.

Like honestly some of my favorite video game characters came from this too. Karlach is ****ing amazing, I love Astarion and Lae-zel even if they're kind of the worst people when you meet them, Shadowheart is everyone's favorite emo girlfriend with mommy issues, even the ones I don't **** with much (Gale, Wyll, and Haslin) I still appreciate. My choices usually come down to them not fitting in my party.

Sabermetric Slut
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,865 Posts
    Thoughts on the rumors that Microsoft is leaving the console wars?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    Thoughts on the rumors that Microsoft is leaving the console wars?
    You mean getting out on consoles? I wouldn't be shocked. I don't know the reality of it. It seems like Microsoft is just trying to sell more games. Which is smart. They don't make money on the console sales, they make money selling software and Gamepass.