Page 42 of 42 FirstFirst ... 32404142

Thread: Video Game Thread: Atari vs. Commodore Debate...

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,290 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thewupk View Post
    Thoughts on the rumors that Microsoft is leaving the console wars?
    Gamepass on Playstation seems incomprehensible but it’s at least in the realm of possibility now

Sabermetric Slut
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,860 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zitothebrave View Post
    You mean getting out on consoles? I wouldn't be shocked. I don't know the reality of it. It seems like Microsoft is just trying to sell more games. Which is smart. They don't make money on the console sales, they make money selling software and Gamepass.
    Yeah. I feel with their acquisitions of all these game studios they are primed to pull a Sega and just be a publisher.

Connoisseur of Minors zitothebrave's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    Yeah. I feel with their acquisitions of all these game studios they are primed to pull a Sega and just be a publisher.
    Only reason I don't know if they do that is they have other interests (Bing, Cortana, etc.) that could keep them in the console wars, but I don't know if they'll stay in the realm of selling consoles at a loss. Nintendo already does that, I expect Microsoft and Sony to follow as well. I think they all are realizing the "golden era" is gone and now they have a target audience they need to milk.
    Stockholm, more densely populated than NYC - sturg

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,290 Posts
    From what I have seen online, Apple might have the best gaming device on the market if you have $3500 sitting around.

Sabermetric Slut
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,860 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chop2chip View Post
    From what I have seen online, Apple might have the best gaming device on the market if you have $3500 sitting around.
    I mean the best gaming device will always be a high end pc. And those will have almost no limits on cost.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    I mean the best gaming device will always be a high end pc. And those will have almost no limits on cost.
    Yeah from a raw computing standpoint my old gaming PC with it's 2070 super can outperform a PS5 or XBox Series X, they can get better graphics because games are designed for just one system and bugs and whatnot can be filtered out much quicker and easier.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,290 Posts
    As a card holding member of PC master race, I agree. There’s been some awesome videos circulating of people streaming 4K/120 FPS from their PC / GeForceNow onto the Apple Vision Pro then expanding the screen to 100 feet. It’s way too expensive right now but thats basically a perfect gaming accessory. I hope Apple and Meta can develop this tech to a point where it’s a reasonable cost.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    As a card holding member of PC master race, I agree. There’s been some awesome videos circulating of people streaming 4K/120 FPS from their PC / GeForceNow onto the Apple Vision Pro then expanding the screen to 100 feet. It’s way too expensive right now but thats basically a perfect gaming accessory. I hope Apple and Meta can develop this tech to a point where it’s a reasonable cost.
    I'd rather keep Meta out of it. I respect Apple, Meta is all about selling your info for no added benefit. Apple is in the business of making money on hardware sales too so I respect them to make a good product.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,290 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zitothebrave View Post
    I'd rather keep Meta out of it. I respect Apple, Meta is all about selling your info for no added benefit. Apple is in the business of making money on hardware sales too so I respect them to make a good product.
    I too prefer Apple to Meta, but I think competition is healthy, especially in this space. We need a lot of innovation and consumers need options.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    I too prefer Apple to Meta, but I think competition is healthy, especially in this space. We need a lot of innovation and consumers need options.
    For sure, I like my PSVR2, the only gripe is quantity of gaming, that's where they're losing for sure.

**NOT ACTUALLY RACIST
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    440 Posts
    If I didn’t have an inner ear disease, I would have purchased one or at least waited until the cheaper version launches in ‘25 or ‘26.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Krgrecw View Post
    If I didn’t have an inner ear disease, I would have purchased one or at least waited until the cheaper version launches in ‘25 or ‘26.
    As with most VR, it's better to wait, not because of the tech getting better or anything like that, though that is a reason, but for software support. The biggest hurdle I had with the PSVR2 was launch titles. For this it's going to be a bit similar, though at least it has web browsing, etc. built into it.