Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: So, Ted Cruz is going to announce he is running for president....

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts

So, Ted Cruz is going to announce he is running for president....

Does he know he isn't eligible since he was born in Canada?

I will wait for the republican party to call him out on this
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    Wait, I thought his name was Rafael...

Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,446 Posts
    http://www.wsj.com/articles/texas-se...bid-1427029555

Another Republican strategist, who has discussed the announcement with the senator, said the timing was designed to capitalize on the eye-catching advantage of getting out early.

“Why not be first?” the strategist said.

---

I think that about sums up Ted Cruz as a candidate.

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    http://www.wsj.com/articles/texas-se...bid-1427029555

Another Republican strategist, who has discussed the announcement with the senator, said the timing was designed to capitalize on the eye-catching advantage of getting out early.

“Why not be first?” the strategist said.

---

I think that about sums up Ted Cruz as a candidate.
    You're talking about the "getting OUT early part, right"?

Making Atlanta Great Again!
    #MAGA!

Promises MADE, Promises KEPT!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,761 Posts
    Well in contrast, I believe the GOP debates for 2012 actually started January 2011. Maybe they learned their lesson from last time on having a long and drawn out debate season where each candidate lead the polls at one point.
    Forever Fredi

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,708 Posts
    Don't jump the shark goldfly. It's not fun.
    thank you weso1!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,708 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Heywood View Post
    Well in contrast, I believe the GOP debates for 2012 actually started January 2011. Maybe they learned their lesson from last time on having a long and drawn out debate season where each candidate lead the polls at one point.
    That happens all the time for any party. You don't think Hillary and O'Malley are going to have a bloody fist fight, amongst other candidates?
    thank you weso1!

#MAGA!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,761 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by weso1 View Post
    That happens all the time for any party. You don't think Hillary and O'Malley are going to have a bloody fist fight, amongst other candidates?
    Polls are showing Hillary is not losing support with her base based off this e-mail "scandal".

I think Biden would have a better chance than O'Malley tbh. O'Malley could be a Veep guy though. Possible if Hillary gets nom then O'Malley can be Veep. If Biden gets the nom I'm almost certain he's going to pick Warren.
    Forever Fredi

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,708 Posts
    Polls are showing Hillary is not losing support with her base based off this e-mail "scandal".

I think Biden would have a better chance than O'Malley tbh. O'Malley could be a Veep guy though. Possible if Hillary gets nom then O'Malley can be Veep. If Biden gets the nom I'm almost certain he's going to pick Warren.
    I just don't see Biden even in the conversation. Surely the majority of Americans don't see him fit to be President. I guess maybe I'm overestimating American voters here. As an obviously republican homer I respect the Obama/Hillary choice about a billion times more than I do the Biden choice. I honestly put Biden on the level of Palin or Trump. I mean sure as a pub it would be kind of awesome and fun to watch it unfold, but.... really?
    thank you weso1!

#MAGA!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,761 Posts
    I just don't see Biden even in the conversation. Surely the majority of Americans don't see him fit to be President. I guess maybe I'm overestimating American voters here. As an obviously republican homer I respect the Obama/Hillary choice about a billion times more than I do the Biden choice. I honestly put Biden on the level of Palin or Trump. I mean sure as a pub it would be kind of awesome and fun to watch it unfold, but.... really?
    Difference between Biden and Palin/Trump is Biden can ride Obama's coattails if the next two years continue to be solid for Obama since he was part of his administration.

Unlike Gore who wasted Clinton's popularity leaving office, Biden has charisma (albeit he can produce gaffs). And he can work a debate as good as anybody in politics.

If Hillary's popularity dwindles so much that she doesn't stay in the race, I easily see Warren stepping in. Sanders doesn't get any love because he's weird and an outcast.
    Forever Fredi

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,708 Posts
    Difference between Biden and Palin/Trump is Biden can ride Obama's coattails if the next two years continue to be solid for Obama since he was part of his administration.

Unlike Gore who wasted Clinton's popularity leaving office, Biden has charisma (albeit he can produce gaffs). And he can work a debate as good as anybody in politics.

If Hillary's popularity dwindles so much that she doesn't stay in the race, I easily see Warren stepping in. Sanders doesn't get any love because he's weird and an outcast.
    Biden does have charisma, but his buffoonery is much beyond G-Dub level. And I personally believe he's not smart enough to be President. I honestly think he is significantly less intelligent than Palin or Trump. And I would never vote for either other than just for funsies. And I fully admit that I would absolutely vote for either of them for funsies.
    thank you weso1!

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    I honestly think he is significantly less intelligent than Palin
    Seriously? Nobody not named Rafeal Cruz or Michelle Bachmann can make that claim can they? I don't think we'll ever know just how smart Joe is/isn't because he only takes his foot out of his mouth long enough to say something else stupid, we don't know what smart stuff he might be mumbling the rest of the time, do we? I don't think Trump is a dummy, he's just so incredibly arrogant and full of himself even Rush and Sean make fun of him behind his back.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,708 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Oklahomahawk View Post
    Seriously? Nobody not named Rafeal Cruz or Michelle Bachmann can make that claim can they? I don't think we'll ever know just how smart Joe is/isn't because he only takes his foot out of his mouth long enough to say something else stupid, we don't know what smart stuff he might be mumbling the rest of the time, do we? I don't think Trump is a dummy, he's just so incredibly arrogant and full of himself even Rush and Sean make fun of him behind his back.
    I think Palin is as smart as Trump. In a vacuum if you're going to argue that Palin isn't smart enough to be president then I'm not going to argue with you. In fact I'd actually agree with you. But if you're going to bring up Biden as a potential candidate then I'm not interested. Look, Biden was a great choice for VP. Obama chose him as an old white dude to balance out his young black guy. I personally think Obama was intelligent enough to be president, but not experienced enough. I think in a few years even Obama will look back on it and say you guys should have elected Hillary first.
    thank you weso1!

#MAGA!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,761 Posts
    Biden helped broker some of the government shutdown deals.

He knows Washington as well as anybody.
    Forever Fredi

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    I think Palin is as smart as Trump. In a vacuum if you're going to argue that Palin isn't smart enough to be president then I'm not going to argue with you. In fact I'd actually agree with you. But if you're going to bring up Biden as a potential candidate then I'm not interested. Look, Biden was a great choice for VP. Obama chose him as an old white dude to balance out his young black guy. I personally think Obama was intelligent enough to be president, but not experienced enough. I think in a few years even Obama will look back on it and say you guys should have elected Hillary first.
    Oh I was definitely NOT trying to set up Biden as presidential material, though we do seem to be headed in that direction if you take the past few elections as a baseline. Sarah might not be such a DUMAS if she wasn't trying so hard to be politically relevant so as to sell books and the like. I think getting an anti-Reagan material vaccine would do them all a world of good. So many of those people try to hard to be Ronnie Jr that we don't even know who or what they really are.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,708 Posts
    Biden helped broker some of the government shutdown deals.

That's who you want as president? Biden is a a used car salesman. I really respect your decision to not automatically accept Hillary as President. I feel like right now she is playing the game and making fools of all of us. I think Sav, you are an independent thinker and I respect your opinion when it comes to politics and other decisions. I think several years from now it will be interesting to see who you choose as President.
    thank you weso1!

#MAGA!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,761 Posts
    That's who you want as president? Biden is a a used car salesman. I really respect your decision to not automatically accept Hillary as President. I feel like right now she is playing the game and making fools of all of us. I think Sav, you are an independent thinker and I respect your opinion when it comes to politics and other decisions. I think several years from now it will be interesting to see who you choose as President.
    It's not about who I "want", it's who I think has the best chance of winning.

I'd rather have Sanders or Warren in there, but after Hillary, Biden is the only other one who has credentials to be a "safe" pick to succeed Obama. And if Biden gets nominated over Hillary, he's going to pick Warren almost certainly. Dems have been playing this game pretty well for the last 8 years.

Nominate the first African-American to be President, get him elected and re-elected. Throughout his Presidency continuously bring up the idea that Hillary is going to succeed him and be the first woman POTUS. All the while the Republicans are sticking to their same guns that got them to lose the last 2 times. As long as the Dems can show "diversity" over the GOP, they're going to pick up the demographics that think the GOP is just the "old white guy" party.

Warren would balance out Biden, and if Hillary was the nominee, she'd probably go O'Malley or Hispanic.

Obama picked Biden to balance out his ticket (Biden's experience and tenure in Washington to counter Obama's "age". Plus Joe was Chair of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee so there's your foreign policy experience for the ticket). Biden would pick Warren to balance out his ticket (Biden's experience in Washington to counter Warren's inexperience and Warren being a female is a no brainer).
    Forever Fredi

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    Don't jump the shark goldfly. It's not fun.
    how am i jumping the shark?
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts

Can't tell if this was posted as a positive or negative thing.
    Ivermectin Man

Secretary of Statistics AerchAngel's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts
    Great, two pieces of schit parties and a plethora of pieces of schit candidates.

I will sit out this one as well.

Where is our 3rd Party at?