Voted Worst Poster
    2015 (Co-Winner)
    2018 (Unanimous)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,185 Posts

Las Vegas

Been there once before a few years ago. Stayed with a friend and his family. Didn't get to see/do as much as I would have liked. May 12th-14th we'll be out there.

Going to be there for twoish days/nights. Fly in Tuesday afternoon and leave Thursday morning. Get married on Friday.

Meeting a group of buddies from Minnesota and then possibly a few army buddies from the west coast. All my childhood friends and myself have mild gambling issues. I can control myself and don't really like to gamble anymore. Any ideas of what I should see or do out there. I am trying to be as cheap as possible, but realize fun costs money.

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,785 Posts
    I was just there... lost a grand last night I was there... kind of a bummer.

I loved the cirque sole shows. About $80-$100 but pretty damn entertaining

3. The Following User Says Thank You to sturg33 For This Useful Post:

NinersSBChamps (04-07-2015)

Connoisseur of Minors zitothebrave's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    I have strong opinions on Vegas, but I'll reserve them for the other forum.
    Stockholm, more densely populated than NYC - sturg

Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,446 Posts
    I go out between 3-5 times a year, also recently returned. Not much of a gambler (will probably spend between $250-500 on a combination of roulette and random slots over the course of a couple of days) ... but really enjoy the EDM scene there (Marquee at Cosmopolitan, and recently Hakkasan and Omnia at MGM Grand) as well as the local 'entertainment' and ability to just chill and relax. And eat. Oh, the ****ing buffets. If you are willing to spend $50 on a buffet go to the Wynn.

I always rent a car and drive out a bit (there is more to Vegas ... than Vegas) there's Mt. Charleston, Hoover Damn, Scotty's Castle, Pahrump ... heh.

You are going in the middle of the week, which means you should be able to get hotels SUPER cheap (like $20-$40 a night). Do you know where you are staying yet?

I'm going to be back from the 18th-22nd of May. Would have bought you a drink or five had our trips coincided.
    Last edited by Hawk; 04-09-2015 at 04:48 PM.

Voted Worst Poster
    2015 (Co-Winner)
    2018 (Unanimous)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,185 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    I go out between 3-5 times a year, also recently returned. Not much of a gambler (will probably spend between $250-500 on a combination of roulette and random slots over the course of a couple of days) ... but really enjoy the EDM scene there (Marquee at Cosmopolitan, and recently Hakkasan and Omnia at MGM Grand) as well as the local 'entertainment' and ability to just chill and relax. And eat. Oh, the ****ing buffets. If you are willing to spend $50 on a buffet go to the Wynn.

I always rent a car and drive out a bit (there is more to Vegas ... than Vegas) there's Mt. Charleston, Hoover Damn, Scotty's Castle, Pahrump ... heh.

You are going in the middle of the week, which means you should be able to get hotels SUPER cheap (like $20-$40 a night). Do you know where you are staying yet?

I'm going to be back from the 18th-22nd of May. Would have bought you a drink or five had our trips coincided.
    We are staying at 4 Queens. It's on Fremont Street I believe.

Called Up to the Major Leagues Gary82's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    375 Posts
    Huff some ether at Circus Circus.