Page 52 of 111 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,040 of 2203

Thread: CBB Thread

Secretary of Statistics AerchAngel's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts
    Hate to say it but if Kentucky lose more than 2 games next year, their coach should be fired.

Voted Worst Poster
    '13, '14, '15 (Co-Winner)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,831 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by holden View Post
    Umm.. Yeah, maybe at the end of the first round or beginning of the second. Which is why he came back. So what was your point?
    You made my point for saying Roy holds back recruits when Cal is doing the same thing NOW.

DOUBLE freaking STANDARD!

Playing the Waiting Game
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    96 Posts
    I honestly have no clue what you're talking about. If Poythress works hard, gets some handles and a jump shot, he'll probably go lotto. And will have earned himself a bunch more money than he would have otherwise. It's pretty simple.

Secretary of Statistics AerchAngel's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by holden View Post
    I honestly have no clue what you're talking about. If Poythress works hard, gets some handles and a jump shot, he'll probably go lotto. And will have earned himself a bunch more money than he would have otherwise. It's pretty simple.
    He can tailor his game like Dennis Rodman without the flair. He is my favorite Kentucky player even though I can't stand their team and coach, but I like him. He works harder than anyone else on the court.

Voted Worst Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,831 Posts
    Myles Turner to Texas, huge get for them.

Top 5-10 team now.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    282 Posts
    LOL @ UNC.....McCants made the Deans list and never attended a class....hahahahahah
    The Atlanta Braves signed Nick Markakis for 4/45 - Never forget 12/3/2014

"Klay Thompson > James Harden" - Heyward

"Chris Bosh is the MVP of the Miami Heat" - Heyward

"Hibbert is better than Dwight Howard"- Heyward

"Steven Adams will be a top 10 center in two years - thethe

Playing the Waiting Game
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    77 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BRule View Post
    LOL @ UNC.....McCants made the Deans list and never attended a class....hahahahahah
    This Illini fan is pretty pissed off about all this.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    92 Posts
    Start taking away their titles!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,708 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CK86 View Post
    Start taking away their titles!
    I misread that one the first time. Actually the way I originally read it would probably be worse punishment.
    thank you weso1!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    92 Posts
    Ex-UNC players' statement on McCants' allegations

AP 7:51 p.m. EDT June 6, 2014

-----

Sixteen players from North Carolina's 2005 national championship team issued the following statement Friday to The Associated Press responding to former teammate Rashad McCants' allegations of academic misconduct:
    "We are proud of our accomplishments both on and off the floor at UNC. With conviction, each one of us is proud to say that we attended class and did our own academic work. We want to thank our advisers and counselors who supported us, while also maintaining the integrity of the institution. We also want to make it clear that Coach Williams and his staff operated with the highest level of ethics and integrity within their respective roles. We are forever grateful for the lessons we learned on the court, in the classroom and during our time in Chapel Hill.

"In light of the comments made by Rashad on ESPN Outside the Lines, we want to state that our personal academic experiences are not consistent with Rashad's claims. We know that Coach Williams did not have any knowledge of any academic impropriety, and further that Coach Williams would not have tried to manipulate a player's schedule. Rashad will always be our teammate and we wish him well on all of his future endeavors."

Signed by:

Charlie Everett
    Raymond Felton
    Brooks Foster
    Damion Grant
    Jesse Holley
    C.J. Hooker
    Jackie Manuel (AFAM major)
    Sean May (AFAM major)
    Wes Miller
    David Noel (AFAM major)
    Byron Sanders
    Melvin Scott (AFAM major)
    Reyshawn Terry (AFAM major)
    Quentin Thomas (AFAM major)
    Jawad Williams (AFAM major)
    Marvin Williams (AFAM major)

LOL. Half the team takes fake classes and ole Roy knows nothing about it. Give me a break. Illinois should be leading the charge to get the 2005 title which is rightfully theirs.

Voted Worst Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,831 Posts
    Ex-UNC players' statement on McCants' allegations

AP 7:51 p.m. EDT June 6, 2014

-----

Sixteen players from North Carolina's 2005 national championship team issued the following statement Friday to The Associated Press responding to former teammate Rashad McCants' allegations of academic misconduct:
    "We are proud of our accomplishments both on and off the floor at UNC. With conviction, each one of us is proud to say that we attended class and did our own academic work. We want to thank our advisers and counselors who supported us, while also maintaining the integrity of the institution. We also want to make it clear that Coach Williams and his staff operated with the highest level of ethics and integrity within their respective roles. We are forever grateful for the lessons we learned on the court, in the classroom and during our time in Chapel Hill.

"In light of the comments made by Rashad on ESPN Outside the Lines, we want to state that our personal academic experiences are not consistent with Rashad's claims. We know that Coach Williams did not have any knowledge of any academic impropriety, and further that Coach Williams would not have tried to manipulate a player's schedule. Rashad will always be our teammate and we wish him well on all of his future endeavors."

Signed by:

Charlie Everett
    Raymond Felton
    Brooks Foster
    Damion Grant
    Jesse Holley
    C.J. Hooker
    Jackie Manuel (AFAM major)
    Sean May (AFAM major)
    Wes Miller
    David Noel (AFAM major)
    Byron Sanders
    Melvin Scott (AFAM major)
    Reyshawn Terry (AFAM major)
    Quentin Thomas (AFAM major)
    Jawad Williams (AFAM major)
    Marvin Williams (AFAM major)

LOL. Half the team takes fake classes and ole Roy knows nothing about it. Give me a break. Illinois should be leading the charge to get the 2005 title which is rightfully theirs.
    Marvin has been back at UNC trying to get his degree, in before they dont take classes crap.

Approaching Buddy Hernandez Territory ChapelHillMatt's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    187 Posts
    Just goes to show you people will believe what they want to believe, no matter how credible the source is. I want to see proof that this actually happened. I'm not going to say this hasn't happened because I have no way of knowing but Roy has been coaching for a very long time and never has had anything close to this come up. Rashad is the only former player to come out with these accusations and if you watched the interview, even he didn't say Roy knew for sure, he just assumed he did. This smells funny. Maybe I'm being a homer but I really doubt Rashad is telling the truth here. If Rashad was struggling with his classes then I believe UNC would declare him academically ineligible. Why would the same university that kicked PJ Harston off the team allow a tutor to do all the work for Rashad just so he could play? It just doesn't make any sense.

Atlanta Braves Fan
    Wash Nationals Fan
    Bryce Harper Fanatic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    874 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ChapelHillMatt View Post
    Just goes to show you people will believe what they want to believe, no matter how credible the source is. I want to see proof that this actually happened. I'm not going to say this hasn't happened because I have no way of knowing but Roy has been coaching for a very long time and never has had anything close to this come up. Rashad is the only former player to come out with these accusations and if you watched the interview, even he didn't say Roy knew for sure, he just assumed he did. This smells funny. Maybe I'm being a homer but I really doubt Rashad is telling the truth here. If Rashad was struggling with his classes then I believe UNC would declare him academically ineligible. Why would the same university that kicked PJ Harston off the team allow a tutor to do all the work for Rashad just so he could play? It just doesn't make any sense.

UNC has a long history of fake classes. What are u talking about?
    "Yes, I did think Aldrich was good UNTIL I SAW HIM PLAY. "- thethe

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    92 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ChapelHillMatt View Post
    UNC's own investigation showed 500 fake classes that consisted primarily of athletes. At least 7 UNC players took AFAM studies classes their title season. McCants could be the biggest dbag in the history of the world for all I know but his transcript doesn't lie. Goes from being a terrible student to magically 4 A's in fake classes that magically keep him eligible.

Anyone denying that UNC athletes didn't partake in fake classes has not been paying attention to the obvious. They've cheated, the proof is already there.

http://thebiglead.com/2012/07/26/nor...udies-in-2009/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    92 Posts

Voted Worst Poster
    2015 (Co-Winner)
    2018 (Unanimous)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,185 Posts
    UNC's own investigation showed 500 fake classes that consisted primarily of athletes. At least 7 UNC players took AFAM studies classes their title season. McCants could be the biggest dbag in the history of the world for all I know but his transcript doesn't lie. Goes from being a terrible student to magically 4 A's in fake classes that magically keep him eligible.

Anyone denying that UNC athletes didn't partake in fake classes has not been paying attention to the obvious. They've cheated, the proof is already there.

http://thebiglead.com/2012/07/26/nor...udies-in-2009/
    Do any UNC athletes rape women? Or is that strictly only a Duke thing?

Atlanta Braves Fan
    Wash Nationals Fan
    Bryce Harper Fanatic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    874 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NinersSBChamps View Post
    Do any UNC athletes rape women? Or is that strictly only a Duke thing?

Do what?
    "Yes, I did think Aldrich was good UNTIL I SAW HIM PLAY. "- thethe

Voted Worst Poster
    2015 (Co-Winner)
    2018 (Unanimous)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,185 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gilesfan View Post
    Do what?
    Lacrosse team.