Thread: CBB Thread

Voted Worst Poster
    '13, '14, '15 (Co-Winner)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,832 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by yeezus View Post
    I like seeing my young Sixers play well, but I want one of those guys. Act accordingly, Philly.
    True fan, i would do the same, gotta lose to win.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,122 Posts
    I think it will easily go Wiggins-Parker 1-2 respectively by the end of the year. Just my opinion.

Voted Worst Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,832 Posts
    I think it will easily go Wiggins-Parker 1-2 respectively by the end of the year. Just my opinion.
    Randle looks the most impressive to me, dude is a manchild.

Regardless, whoever is picking in the Top 4-5 wont be complaining.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,122 Posts
    Selden is a guy who'd easily go top-3 in most of these recent drafts..just not this one.

Atlanta Braves Fan
    Wash Nationals Fan
    Bryce Harper Fanatic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    874 Posts
    Lol off even including Embid in that last. Dude has potential, but is a major project. Jabari Parker is the real deal and I would take him right now over any other freshman in the country. Randle is also very, very good though.

The refs weren't trying to give Kentucky the game, they are calling more fouls due to the emphasis on the rules. Most games are now 2.5 hour parades to the foul line.

Kentucky is good no doubt, but they aren't the "they got the talent to go undefeated" good. They were really piss poor outside of Randle. Right now CBB is all about staying out of foul trouble, if Payne stays out of foul trouble, I think Mich State wins a lot easier.

These kids better start learning how to defend without fouling or they need to just let them score. Several games were affected by the ticky tack fouls; does anyone really enjoy watching a game with 70 free throws?

Atlanta Braves Fan
    Wash Nationals Fan
    Bryce Harper Fanatic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    874 Posts
    Wiggins has the most talent, Parker has the more well rounded game at the moment.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,122 Posts
    Refs were blowing the whistle wayyyy too much in the Duke/Kansas game. They need to let them play more.

Atlanta Braves Fan
    Wash Nationals Fan
    Bryce Harper Fanatic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    874 Posts
    Refs were blowing the whistle wayyyy too much in the Duke/Kansas game. They need to let them play more.
    Its going to continue. It's the emphasis put in during the off season.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,122 Posts
    I'm just curious as to why the NCAA would want that for their game. That crap got really annoying last night, the amount of consecutive whistles was nauseating.

Atlanta Braves Fan
    Wash Nationals Fan
    Bryce Harper Fanatic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    874 Posts
    People were complaining about how restrictive defenses have gotten. Look at teams like Louisville and VCU who were allowed to grab players driving to the basket with no foul calls. In theory, this should allow a more free flowing game with offensive players actually allowed to play basketball. But, kids haven't adjusted yet and are just fouling at insane rates.

UC Irvine had 48 field goal attempts last night and 40 free throw attempts.

Ohilo had 5 guys foul out.
    Last edited by gilesfan; 11-13-2013 at 11:06 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    92 Posts
    Kansas was just the better team last night. They weathered the early foul trouble to Wiggins, hung in there and then executed at the free throw line all night. Duke did better than I expected for 38 minutes, the last 2 minutes were kind of an aberration.

I don't know how you play defense though with these new rules. Last night was unwatchable, the only reason I stayed tuned in was the team I root for was playing. It was a parade of free throws, there was no flow to the game and by the end it came down to who had more players left able to play. If you barely touch the offensive player, it's now a foul. It's just dumb as hell.

I can't wait for the new block/charge rule to start getting showcased too. You can literally go all LeBron James on someone (i.e. run like a freight train into guys) and it's a guaranteed foul. The defensive player has to be set at all times. It's going to be an even bigger mess when teams start figuring out there's literally no charging anymore unless you use your off-hand.

Atlanta Braves Fan
    Wash Nationals Fan
    Bryce Harper Fanatic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    874 Posts
    You play defense with your feet instead of your hands, thats how you avoid fouling. You are allowed to touch the offensive player, just not with two hands and you cant continuously hand check. I think its slightly too strict, but kids are going to have to adjust.

The block/charge is great though. I love that Duke players can't sneak under a player driving to the hoop and flop for a charge. It never made sense to me how a player could be going up in the air and have a player slide under him and the call be a charge.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    92 Posts
    I'm glad UK lost a game, I didn't want Cal going undefeated. I thought they would with as many top ranked recruits as they had, I was wrong.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    92 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gilesfan View Post
    You play defense with your feet instead of your hands, thats how you avoid fouling. You are allowed to touch the offensive player, just not with two hands and you cant continuously hand check. I think its slightly too strict, but kids are going to have to adjust.

The block/charge is great though. I love that Duke players can't sneak under a player driving to the hoop and flop for a charge. It never made sense to me how a player could be going up in the air and have a player slide under him and the call be a charge.
    No doubt that Duke exploited the block/charge rule in the past, agree 100% on that. I'm just saying if there's never a threat for a charge due to the new rules, you can steamroll people over and it won't be an offensive foul. It hurts the defense way more than the offense and combined with the hand check rules, it's a hell of a lot tougher to play defense.

Atlanta Braves Fan
    Wash Nationals Fan
    Bryce Harper Fanatic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    874 Posts
    There were plenty of charge calls yesterday, I'm not sure what you mean.

Voted Worst Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,832 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gilesfan View Post
    Lol off even including Embid in that last. Dude has potential, but is a major project. Jabari Parker is the real deal and I would take him right now over any other freshman in the country. Randle is also very, very good though.

The refs weren't trying to give Kentucky the game, they are calling more fouls due to the emphasis on the rules. Most games are now 2.5 hour parades to the foul line.

Kentucky is good no doubt, but they aren't the "they got the talent to go undefeated" good. They were really piss poor outside of Randle. Right now CBB is all about staying out of foul trouble, if Payne stays out of foul trouble, I think Mich State wins a lot easier.

These kids better start learning how to defend without fouling or they need to just let them score. Several games were affected by the ticky tack fouls; does anyone really enjoy watching a game with 70 free throws?
    Thats my point, NBA is all about potential.

He is raw but he's oozing potential.

Voted Worst Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,832 Posts
    It sucks the new way they call the game is going to ruin one of the best CBB seasons in the last 10 years.

Cant breathe on anyone without a foul.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    282 Posts
    Randle is a stud BUT he did all of his damage when Payne went to the bench in the 2nd half.

Oh, and, Parker >
    The Atlanta Braves signed Nick Markakis for 4/45 - Never forget 12/3/2014

"Klay Thompson > James Harden" - Heyward

"Chris Bosh is the MVP of the Miami Heat" - Heyward

"Hibbert is better than Dwight Howard"- Heyward

"Steven Adams will be a top 10 center in two years - thethe

Playing the Waiting Game
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    96 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NinersSBChamps View Post
    The stripes did everything they could to make sure you win tonight too. Glad to see the refs were in mid season form tonight. A neutral court game and one team shoots 20 three pointers and also has 19 more free throw attempts. Give me a break.
    rofl

Playing the Waiting Game
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    96 Posts
    ?
    posted that as the game was just starting. i work really early so i didn't get to see much of the game, but i'm impressed kansas won. they must be better than i thought they would be. or maybe i gave duke too much credit.