Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Fire Fredi Thread

Anytime Now Frankie...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    345 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VirginiaBrave View Post
    The coach is my boss. Nothing more, but my performance makes him. Its not the other way around. If I do well he gets the credit. But I as the player do the work and its my responsiblity to play the game the right way. That is the biggest crock at the big league level that a manager somehow makes more of a player than what he is.

And we got swept in 1999. That's not almost winning it all. And for another thing you take Maddux, Glavine, and Smoltz off those teams and they are average at best. They were the trump cards.
    Sorry wasn't the greatest post, I'm not very good on my smartphone and tend to ramble more and not necessarily make sense. What I mean, in the total picture, is that if we have Mo, or if Wohlers doesn't hang that slider to Leyritz we had another in 1996. We were that close to having a second. If we have Mo in 1999, or even a healthy Ligtenberg or Seanez things could have been completely different. We had Rocker, but no one else was reliable and Bobby stuck with Maddux too long. And Maddux wasn't suppose to be the Game 1 starter anyhow if Glavine doesn't come down with the flu or food poisoning.

If JS gave Bobby a legit in his prime dominant closer in his prime during that era (91-98) like Wetteland for instance and built a bullpen around that piece things look signifcantly different. The Braves are the dynasty of that era, and the Yanks as we know it during that time probably don't happen. Steinbrenner was already putting the heat on Torre after the first 2 games in 1996, and ultimately a loss would have forced the upper management to trade away their core for the next decade (Jeter, Mo, Posado, Williams, etc) for more higher profile stars past their prime.
    Last edited by Millwood1Hitter; 05-02-2015 at 09:21 AM.

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,788 Posts
    The coach is my boss. Nothing more, but my performance makes him. Its not the other way around. If I do well he gets the credit. But I as the player do the work and its my responsiblity to play the game the right way. That is the biggest crock at the big league level that a manager somehow makes more of a player than what he is.

And we got swept in 1999. That's not almost winning it all. And for another thing you take Maddux, Glavine, and Smoltz off those teams and they are average at best. They were the trump cards.
    So basically, no manager (or boss, in your example) should EVER get fired... Got it

And you still haven't named ONE thing he does well

3. The Following User Says Thank You to sturg33 For This Useful Post:

AerchAngel (05-02-2015)

Anytime Now Frankie...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    345 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    So basically, no manager (or boss, in your example) should EVER get fired... Got it

But But But But Fredi, you know, he can't hit and he can't field, and he can't pitch.

No ****! That's not his job. His job is to be a manager. A manager is a leader that sets the tone and the attitude. The manager puts players or workers in the best position to succeed. Whether you're a multimillion dollar baseball player or a guy working in a factory each and everyone one of us has strengths and weaknesses, and guess what a manager or supervisor or executive's job is to distinguish those strengths and weaknesses and put them in a position to succeed and make a team or a group of people collectively work together to achieve a common goal. It's an old military theory, you don't get a chance to choose who you have, you have to work with what you got and work through it.

As a baseball manager, Bobby was great at that. Fredi, not so much. And that trumps all the x's and o's and management decesions and in game decesions. That's much more valuable than a tachtical genius. And if you are good at leading and team building, and have good tachtical skills, you're even better yet.
    Last edited by Millwood1Hitter; 05-02-2015 at 09:32 AM.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Millwood1Hitter For This Useful Post:

AerchAngel (05-02-2015), Dalyn (05-02-2015), Hawk (05-02-2015)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,788 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Millwood1Hitter View Post
    But But But But Fredi, you know, he can't hit and he can't field, and he can't pitch.

No ****! That's not his job. His job is to be a manager. A manager is a leader that sets the tone and the attitude. The manager puts players or workers in the best position to succeed. Whether you're a multimillion dollar baseball player or a guy working in a factory each and everyone one of us has strengths and weaknesses, and guess what a manager or supervisor or executive's job is to distinguish those strengths and weaknesses and put them in a position to succeed and make a team or a group of people collectively work together to achieve a common goal. It's an old military theory, you don't get a chance to choose who you have, you have to work with what you got and work through it.

As a baseball manager, Bobby was great at that. Fredi, not so much. And that trumps all the x's and o's and management decesions and in game decesions. That's much more valuable than a tachtical genius. And if you are good at leading and team building, and have good tachtical skills, you're even better yet.
    Agreed.

Arbitration Eligible
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    314 Posts
    Unless Bobby is some how cloned y'all never gonna be happy. Fredi does alot well apparently. Good enough to be a big league manager for almost a decade and I will continue to support him as long as the "A" is on his cap.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to VirginiaBrave For This Useful Post:

mossy (05-02-2015)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,788 Posts
    Unless Bobby is some how cloned y'all never gonna be happy. Fredi does alot well apparently. Good enough to be a big league manager for almost a decade and I will continue to support him as long as the "A" is on his cap.
    Can you name one thing?

Also - I wasn't as high on Bobby as some. But Bobby took us from worst to first. And he he universally adored by his players. That speaks volumes to me.

I haven't heard of any former players praising Fredi - and don't expect to

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sturg33 For This Useful Post:

AerchAngel (05-02-2015), Dalyn (05-02-2015)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,708 Posts
    Can you name one thing?

Also - I wasn't as high on Bobby as some. But Bobby took us from worst to first. And he he universally adored by his players. That speaks volumes to me.

I haven't heard of any former players praising Fredi - and don't expect to
    Chris Coughlan had some good things to say about Fredi.
    thank you weso1!

Anytime Now Frankie...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    345 Posts
    Virginia is either Fredi or Fredi's mother because the reasoning for standing up for Fredi is pathetic. Still can't name one strength and throwing everyone under the bus in the process.

And I also was a critic of some of Bobby's moves throughout the years but I also understood that Bobby was a once in a lifetime manager for this organization. He's tough to replace. Much like it was tough to replace Dean Smith and will be to replace Coach K or Bill Parcels, Bill Billichick, and Greg Popovich. I'm not asking for another once in a lifetime manager like Bobby, but what I am asking for is someone that is at least competant to be a major league manager and have some strengths and move this team and this organization forward, and it's pretty apparent that Fredi IS NOT that guy.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Millwood1Hitter For This Useful Post:

AerchAngel (05-02-2015)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,788 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by weso1 View Post
    Who?

Arbitration Eligible
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    314 Posts
    Nope...not related. Just think the continuing outcry is unwarranted. Somebody has to take the other side. And I have not thrown anyone under a bus.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to VirginiaBrave For This Useful Post:

mossy (05-02-2015)

Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,446 Posts
    So did Hanley Ramirez, IIRC.

Secretary of Statistics AerchAngel's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts

Don't hold your breath. There are a lot of fans who like the status quo. If we lose, we lose, no biggie, but I don't believe we should fire or trade players, it is not their fault.

I really can't stand people like that. You want the best you can afford to make the correct decisions, both managers and workers. Why, because if you get the best you can afford, people will show up and spend their hard earned money to see a good product, not this crap we are watching now. Geez, I wonder why our attendance is what, 3rd or 4th lowest?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts
    Who?

<drops mic>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    So did Hanley Ramirez, IIRC.
    LMAO!!!!!!!!!

Nothing need to be said about him, talented player with a 10 cent brain.

"What is a clvclv"
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,628 Posts
    So Fredi gets credit for winning the game last night, right?

He pushed all the right buttons - decided to start Folty, put KJ in there and swung the bat for both of them, discovered the previous fracture in Johnson's hand, was talking into EY's earpiece when he took walks, located for Avilan, etc., no?

Helluva day - must be a great Manager.

You can't hang him for losing games when the PLAYERS don't deliver anymore than you can give him credit when they do.
    Has there EVER been a statement and question a certain someone should absolutely never have made and asked publicly more than...

Kinda pathetic to see yourself as a message board knight in shining armor. How impotent does someone have to be in real life to resort to playing hero on a message board?

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to clvclv For This Useful Post:

mossy (05-02-2015), VirginiaBrave (05-02-2015)

Sabermetric Slut
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,863 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by clvclv View Post
    So Fredi gets credit for winning the game last night, right?

He pushed all the right buttons - decided to start Folty, put KJ in there and swung the bat for both of them, discovered the previous fracture in Johnson's hand, was talking into EY's earpiece when he took walks, located for Avilan, etc., no?

Helluva day - must be a great Manager.

You can't hang him for losing games when the PLAYERS don't deliver anymore than you can give him credit when they do.
    So why does it matter if people want him fired? If managers are so useless then anybody can do the job. Fire Fredi and hire someone off the streets to save money.

IMO Fredi is below average at all facets of being a manager.

24. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to thewupk For This Useful Post:

AerchAngel (05-02-2015), Braves1976 (05-02-2015), bravesnumberone (05-02-2015), Dalyn (05-02-2015), zedsdead (05-03-2015)

"What is a clvclv"
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,628 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AerchAngel View Post
    Don't hold your breath. There are a lot of fans who like the status quo. If we lose, we lose, no biggie, but I don't believe we should fire or trade players, it is not their fault.

I really can't stand people like that. You want the best you can afford to make the correct decisions, both managers and workers. Why, because if you get the best you can afford, people will show up and spend their hard earned money to see a good product, not this crap we are watching now. Geez, I wonder why our attendance is what, 3rd or 4th lowest?
    Who says the players shouldn't be held responsible?

Don't keep singing Heyward's praises while he's hitting .212 with 1 HR in St. Louis folks - apparently his struggles had nothing to do with Fredi or the Coaches here. If they did, the Cards might need to clean house too.
    Has there EVER been a statement and question a certain someone should absolutely never have made and asked publicly more than...

Kinda pathetic to see yourself as a message board knight in shining armor. How impotent does someone have to be in real life to resort to playing hero on a message board?

26. The Following User Says Thank You to clvclv For This Useful Post:

mossy (05-02-2015)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts

Don't keep singing Heyward's praises while he's hitting .212 with 1 HR in St. Louis folks - apparently his struggles had nothing to do with Fredi or the Coaches here. If they did, the Cards might need to clean house too.
    Who's Heyward? I never mentioned him. I am not high on him and never have been. Don't let that Ganja get to you my friend.

Sabermetric Slut
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,863 Posts

What Heyward is doing in St Louis doesn't really matter. Fredi still stinks. Name one thing he does well as a manager?

29. The Following User Says Thank You to thewupk For This Useful Post:

Dalyn (05-02-2015)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts
    If people want to keep Fredi, have at it, I don't care. I am 1200 miles from Atlanta and can't go to games, but if the people in the city don't show up because of the manager, you have a problem. But you internet superheroes want to keep him, you pay the players salary and the managers salary to watch a losing product. That is on you. It you want to watch mediocre baseball that is on you. If you do not believe in firing or releasing players, that is on you. It seems you do not care as long as they have an "A" on their cap you will back them 100% and I commend that, but what about actually winning something, does that resonate at all?

I watch the games for free. So, there is no money out of my pocket.