Thread: The Shunning of Ryan T. Anderson

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,066 Posts

The Shunning of Ryan T. Anderson

Link

...Do those who favor gay marriage really want to win by stamping out dissent and driving into the wilderness every person who holds a contrary position?

Apparently many of them do.

Well, they can go ahead and try. I just hope it doesn't hurt their feelings too much when the rest of us call them out for behaving like petulant thugs.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to BedellBrave For This Useful Post:

weso1 (04-23-2015)

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,324 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BedellBrave View Post
    Link

...Do those who favor gay marriage really want to win by stamping out dissent and driving into the wilderness every person who holds a contrary position?
    I think you already know the answer to that.

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    I think this is like most of the stuff we discuss on here, most gay people just want to live their lives the way they want and get to live like most everyone else. The lunatic fringe however wants to make everyone as miserable as they are, which seems to be quite a lot. I have actually evolved (or devolved I suppose depending on one's own opinion) on this the past few years, especially after having two same sex young women in class, one of them 2 or 3 times lately and hearing her talk about how she wanted her life with her partner to be. I just wish we could separate all the people from all the groups of the world into two main groups, first the decent people who are just different than me and who just want to live their lives and be left alone, and the assholes, which I would love to see relocated to Detroit or some other fitting location.

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,788 Posts
    It's gotten so out of control that it is stunning. I support legal gay marriage but it's difficult for me to support the LGBT activists because they are the most hateful and intolerant people I've ever seen.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sturg33 For This Useful Post:

AerchAngel (04-24-2015), Garmel (04-23-2015), weso1 (04-23-2015)

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    It's gotten so out of control that it is stunning. I support legal gay marriage but it's difficult for me to support the LGBT activists because they are the most hateful and intolerant people I've ever seen.
    Sort of like I support groups who help injured, wounded, or neglected animals and who fight against animal cruelty, but I loathe PETA?

**NOT ACTUALLY RACIST
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    440 Posts
    Yeap

The students of Johns Hopkins University have a message for Chick-fil-A: No, thank you.

The university’s Student Government Association approved a resolution this week saying that university officials should pick “other non-discriminatory options” and rule out any “current and future Chick-fil-A development plans” if searching for new dining vendors on campus.

Secretary of Statistics AerchAngel's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts
    No, it is a fact if you are religious, they demand that they are included in your religion. That is the only thing that matters to me. I don't care if they are married want to be together and happy. My gay family members do not mind it and do not push their include us into your religion dogma and accept us married in your religion agenda. They are still church members, treated like everyone else but in the church eyes they aren't married but they respect their government marriage. The LGBT movement want ALL churches to accept their marriage and I really don't know why. Make your own damn church and call yourself married in it. A lot of different people with different tastes, different opinions have their own religion, like Scientology, Jehovahs Witness, Catholics, Mormons, Baptist, Orthodox, Jews, Islam.

Making Atlanta Great Again!
    #MAGA!

Promises MADE, Promises KEPT!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,761 Posts
    Another reason why religion in general slows down human civilization from advancing to the tomorrow we dreamed of as kids.

Not to say there aren't good things about religion like volunteer missions and charity, but the politics of religion are just so regressive and detrimental to the future of mankind.
    Forever Fredi

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The Chosen One For This Useful Post:

57Brave (04-24-2015), Runnin (04-26-2015)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,788 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Heywood View Post
    Another reason why religion in general slows down human civilization from advancing to the tomorrow we dreamed of as kids.

Not to say there aren't good things about religion like volunteer missions and charity, but the politics of religion are just so regressive and detrimental to the future of mankind.
    LOL you're turning it around on religious people. Guess what - religion or not, we shouldn't all have to agree on every personal choice and lifestyle. These people have gone way overboard. Imagine if Christians did the same to every business who supports gay marriage?

13. The Following User Says Thank You to sturg33 For This Useful Post:

BedellBrave (04-24-2015)

#MAGA!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,761 Posts
    LOL you're turning it around on religious people. Guess what - religion or not, we shouldn't all have to agree on every personal choice and lifestyle. These people have gone way overboard. Imagine if Christians did the same to every business who supports gay marriage?
    I don't care if it's overboard just like I don't care for most political correctness.

The point being Im tired of religion altogether. Christianity, Judaism, Islam doesn't matter.

When religion keeps getting tied to politics, we can't move forward on fixing things and creating a better future for the next generations of humans.

sturg, most of your political views are one size fits all black or white yes or no. There's no room for leeway or compromise.
    Forever Fredi

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The Chosen One For This Useful Post:

57Brave (04-24-2015), Dalyn (04-24-2015)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,788 Posts
    I don't care if it's overboard just like I don't care for most political correctness.

The point being Im tired of religion altogether. Christianity, Judaism, Islam doesn't matter.

When religion keeps getting tied to politics, we can't move forward on fixing things and creating a better future for the next generations of humans.

sturg, most of your political views are one size fits all black or white yes or no. There's no room for leeway or compromise.
    religion has nothing to do with this. this is a group of people who want to impose their beliefs on everybody.

it would be like drug users acting similarly to anyone who disagree with drug use. Or a million other examples. It's not like gay marriage is going to be illegal anywhere soon... so why do people insist on burning everyone who may disagree with it? as gold would say, get the **** over it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    How is disagreeing with gay marriage any worse than those that disagree with someone for disagreeing with it?
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,788 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    How is disagreeing with gay marriage any worse than those that disagree with someone for disagreeing with it?
    It's not. The LGBT activists are far more hateful than the folks who oppose gay marriage

19. The Following User Says Thank You to sturg33 For This Useful Post:

AerchAngel (04-24-2015)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    It's not. The LGBT activists are far more hateful than the folks who oppose gay marriage
    I get the idea of those that used to be a minority (those that were pro-gay marriage) now see the tides turning so they want to push the movement forward as fast as possible. However, the methods used are no better than those used by the opposition 50-100 years ago. We should be a society of tolerance irregardless of what the opposition view is.
    Natural Immunity Croc

#MAGA!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,761 Posts
    religion has nothing to do with this. this is a group of people who want to impose their beliefs on everybody.

it would be like drug users acting similarly to anyone who disagree with drug use. Or a million other examples. It's not like gay marriage is going to be illegal anywhere soon... so why do people insist on burning everyone who may disagree with it? as gold would say, get the **** over it
    Well let's see here.

When you have a segment of your population trying to push constitutional amendments and state laws that ban gay marriage or discriminate gays, you're simply going to "get over it"?

If gay marriage were legal tomorrow in all 50 states we wouldn't have this issue. Soon could be another 10-15 years in some states. Why should anyone have to wait that long to get married?

The issue doesn't directly effect you or me because we're not gay, but it's pretty cowardly to say "get over it" in this situation to a segment of the population that was discriminated against openly for quite a long time and even to this day.
    Forever Fredi

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts

So what you are saying, polygamy is okay then as well. I don't mind it, but I won't support it for religious reasons but will allow it for government reasons just like same sex marriage.

We can't be a hypocrite can we?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts
    Well let's see here.

When you have a segment of your population trying to push constitutional amendments and state laws that ban gay marriage or discriminate gays, you're simply going to "get over it"?

If gay marriage were legal tomorrow in all 50 states we wouldn't have this issue. Soon could be another 10-15 years in some states. Why should anyone have to wait that long to get married?

The issue doesn't directly effect you or me because we're not gay, but it's pretty cowardly to say "get over it" in this situation to a segment of the population that was discriminated against openly for quite a long time and even to this day.
    No one is saying ban gay marriage. The church should not have to recognize it if they chose to. The government should. The church should not be forced to recognize your marriage on their grounds. I would love you to try to have a Muslim church honor your gay marriage. You will be minus a head or stoned to death. At least we are nice enough to allow you into the church, not recognize while inside the church, but recognize your bond with the government.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    I get the idea of those that used to be a minority (those that were pro-gay marriage) now see the tides turning so they want to push the movement forward as fast as possible. However, the methods used are no better than those used by the opposition 50-100 years ago. We should be a society of tolerance irregardless of what the opposition view is.
    I think it is tolerate quite well, but inside the church let them decide on what they are allowed or not allowed. Outside the church, let them be, I do. I know some establishments don't want me in there especially with a white wife. Do you see me screaming and hollering racism and what not? No, I just go somewhere else with my money.

#MAGA!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,761 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AerchAngel View Post
    No one is saying ban gay marriage. The church should not have to recognize it. The government should. The church should not be forced to recognize your marriage on their grounds. I would love you to try to have a Muslim church honor your gay marriage. You will be minus a head or stoned to death. At least we are nice enough to allow you into the church, not recognize while inside the church, but recognize your bond with the government.
    Right. No one is saying ban gay marriage, but less than a decade ago one of the hot button issues in national politics was a constitutional amendment to ban gay marriage. DADT was struck down not even 4 years ago.

These things are still relevant.
    Forever Fredi

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The Chosen One For This Useful Post:

Dalyn (04-24-2015), jpx7 (04-24-2015)

#MAGA!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,761 Posts
    And for the record I don't think churches should be forced to marry gays. But I'm against churches and religion altogether so it's a moot point.
    Forever Fredi

28. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to The Chosen One For This Useful Post:

AerchAngel (04-24-2015), Dalyn (04-24-2015), jpx7 (04-24-2015), Runnin (04-26-2015)