Thread: More apeaceful Protesting in Baltimore

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,990 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by goldfly View Post
    Good to know you really never looked into drugs

Cocaine: Leaves of the coca plant (Erythroxylum coca) have been used as a stimulant in South America for thousands of years. The drug derived from coca, cocaine — popularly known as coke, blow or Bolivian marching powder — has been credited with a range of health benefits.
    Cocaine can be used as a topical anesthetic for surgical procedures due to its rapid-acting numbing properties. When combined with other compounds into a preparation called TAC, cocaine can also treat minor skin lacerations, since the drug is an effective vasoconstrictor (narrows blood vessels).
    Dr. Andrew Weil, founder and director of the Arizona Center for Integrative Medicine, has studied coca's gastrointestinal effects among South American communities. "If you look carefully at the coca leaf's molecular array, you find 14 bioactive alkaloids … while cocaine acts as a gut stimulant, other coca alkaloids can have precisely the opposite action. They inhibit gut activity," Weil wrote in the Huffington Post.
    "During my time in Andean Indian communities, I collected many reports about whole coca's paradoxical, normalizing effect on bowel function, and experienced it firsthand, as well," he wrote.

-------

Heroin, as you may know, is an opiate, a class of drugs commonly used as painkillers (heroin itself is actually much more effective than morphine, working its magic in about two or three minutes). The National Health Service (NHS) in Britain recommends giving it to people in extreme pain, people in surgery and women in labor.

That's right -- the NHS, which is made up of medical professionals who have each read at least one book, gives heroin to pregnant women. The women are given an injection of it to help with the contractions as they blast their progeny out with vagina propulsion. Because the child is on its way out of its mother's body, the one-time use doesn't do any damage and doesn't cause dependency, although the newborns won't stop crying until the doctors put on a Miles Davis record.

As for you, you could get some methadone, but if you really need it, the doctors will just straight up give you heroin for your trouble. You see, some addiction treatment centers give out medical heroin to addicts who don't respond to methadone, with the idea of keeping them safe and off the streets while simultaneously weaning them off of the china white dragon.
    Come on now. Pretty clear that we are talking about practical uses. Obviously, every drug CAN have a benefit. And that would be a valid argument if those were practical uses. Child birth is hardly a practical use, at least enough to make it legal. There are much safer forms of opiates and anesthetics that do the exact same job.

How doctors in third world countries use cocaine or other hard drugs for medical purposes is of little relevance, considering there are better alternatives that are still affordable here in America.
    Last edited by Carp; 05-31-2015 at 12:04 PM.

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    i know a doctor that say doing a bump or two every now and again is better than hitting back a few at happy hour after work everyday.

you asked for benefits of them and i put a small sample and you say "they aren't good enough". seems you wouldn't be happy no matter what is produced

that was after someone said "drugs are used to harm yourself." which is just as absurd as saying there can't be some benefits for those drugs.

How doctors in third world countries use cocaine or other hard drugs for medical purposes is of little relevance, considering there are better alternatives that are still affordable here in America.
    just cause we use an opiate in a different way and a drug company made it means it is a better alternative than what came from the earth?
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,990 Posts
    I didn't think I had to explain that I was looking for practical uses. People used to use alcohol as a type of anesthesia as well.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    how are those not practical uses?

cause a pharmaceutical company didn't make it?
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,990 Posts
    There are readily available and safer options of anesthetia, gastrointestinal medication, and pain killers. If these doctors in third world counties had easy acess to to the same type of medications as we do, do you honestly believe they would use cocaine for a tummy ache or put someone out for surgery? Of course not.

They aren't practical cause they just aren't used or used frequently in modern medicine, and for good reason.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Carp For This Useful Post:

Garmel (06-01-2015)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by goldfly View Post
    i know a doctor that say doing a bump or two every now and again is better than hitting back a few at happy hour after work everyday.

you asked for benefits of them and i put a small sample and you say "they aren't good enough". seems you wouldn't be happy no matter what is produced

that was after someone said "drugs are used to harm yourself." which is just as absurd as saying there can't be some benefits for those drugs.

just cause we use an opiate in a different way and a drug company made it means it is a better alternative than what came from the earth?
    I should of stopped reading at "I know a doctor" but unfortunately I didn't.

Saying cocaine has benefits while completely ignoring the side effect (a rather large one) it has on the ticker is well...a pretty obtuse viewpoint to be sure. I guess I'd rather view the whole picture when considering benefits\side effects of a drug going into my system. Not just that it gets my BMs regular. Just me though.

http://www.elementsbehavioralhealth....cardiac-death/

You are such a proponent of gov't but don't believe in the FDA and their approval process? Weird.

http://www.fda.gov/Drugs/DevelopmentApprovalProcess/
    Ivermectin Man

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Tapate50 For This Useful Post:

Garmel (06-01-2015)

Making Atlanta Great Again!
    #MAGA!

Promises MADE, Promises KEPT!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,761 Posts
    Cocaine allowed Tony Montana to take more bullets than the average human being and still be alive.
    Forever Fredi

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The Chosen One For This Useful Post:

Carp (06-01-2015), Garmel (06-01-2015)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Shoot - cocaine allowed Tony Montana to throw Michelle Pfieffer to the trash heap

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tapate50 View Post
    I should of stopped reading at "I know a doctor" but unfortunately I didn't.

Saying cocaine has benefits while completely ignoring the side effect (a rather large one) it has on the ticker is well...a pretty obtuse viewpoint to be sure. I guess I'd rather view the whole picture when considering benefits\side effects of a drug going into my system. Not just that it gets my BMs regular. Just me though.

http://www.elementsbehavioralhealth....cardiac-death/

You are such a proponent of gov't but don't believe in the FDA and their approval process? Weird.

http://www.fda.gov/Drugs/DevelopmentApprovalProcess/
    Why would you stop reading at that?

Where do you think I am overlooking the effects of the drug?

I don't believe in the Fda and how they approve drugs

I believe in "big govt" (whatever that means to you) if the govt is in place to help/benefit the people instead of benign cronies for big business/big pharmy etc etc