Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: 5/3/15 Reds @ Braves 1:35 PM

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,044 Posts
    Graham has walked 5 and struck out 5, while hitting a batter and allowing 9 hits, in 7.2 innings. He has been bad.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,539 Posts
    But he had a great spring training.
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post
    Graham has walked 5 and struck out 5, while hitting a batter and allowing 9 hits, in 7.2 innings. He has been bad.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to nsacpi For This Useful Post:

Prikichi (05-05-2015)

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,044 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nsacpi View Post
    But he had a great spring training.
    And?

Hessmania Forever
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,965 Posts
    I think they preferred Graham due to his fastball velocity. Martin has always had a decent strikeout rate in the minors, which goes a bit against the Twins history of having a pitching staff with high contact rates.
    Which is odd, because the Twins' brain trust has always been less fastball-centric than most big league organizations. Twins have characteristically valued command over stuff.

I hope Martin continues to do well. I think it's pretty obvious why everyone passed on him and it's largely due to his fastball velocity. I don't know if he stays in the bullpen long term or not, but he's clearly needed there now.

Arizona Fall Leaguer Anthony J. Pierzynski's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts
    You know what my job is, gents? To rake like a Honduran yard man on meth and catch the ****in' baseball, which I do, most of the time. I put the glove up and if the guy on the mound can't hit it, well, buddy, that's on him. I held up my end of the bargain.

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Anthony J. Pierzynski For This Useful Post:

GovClintonTyree (05-05-2015), JohnAdcox (05-05-2015), Prikichi (05-05-2015), UNCBlue012 (05-04-2015)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,539 Posts
    Fair and accurate as they say.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony J. Pierzynski View Post
    You know what my job is, gents? To rake like a Honduran yard man on meth and catch the ****in' baseball, which I do, most of the time. I put the glove up and if the guy on the mound can't hit it, well, buddy, that's on him. I held up my end of the bargain.

Vencer a Los Doyers GovClintonTyree's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,034 Posts
    Fair and accurate as they say.
    You're a boss, Tony. And you do rake. That's why your elderly ass is still making more money in six months than your Polack daddy made in 30 years at the GM plant.

Keep swinging that thunder stick and providing that veteran leadership. These pussies wanting defense can suck it. They don't pay for defense. Let some skinny little ****er bounce around and get beat up while you stay pretty.
    Last edited by GovClintonTyree; 05-05-2015 at 01:35 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,034 Posts
    Well this reminds me of a conversation I had with someone about how economic policy affects the number of jobs. The person I was talking to asked for "proof" that fiscal stimulus had increased the number of jobs. He wanted me to show him an actual job that had been created and claimed he only believed in things he could see rather than estimates. Well I got annoyed at his obtuseness. I knew he was a religious guy and asked him if he believed in God. He said yes. And I asked him if he had ever seen God. Anyhow afterwards I regretted reacting that way toward him and apologized. I will say that "estimates", even inexact ones, are often better than just relying upon your eyes in a lot of situations.
    So are you apologizing for being irritated at me for looking for better metrics or pointing out my obtuseness? Could go either way. Although, in my own defense, I'm not so much obtuse as abstruse. But I'm working on it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,034 Posts
    Has anybody ever seen Anthony J. and Julio in the same room?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,539 Posts
    Im saying imperfect metrics beat casual observation.
    Quote Originally Posted by GovClintonTyree View Post
    So are you apologizing for being irritated at me for looking for better metrics or pointing out my obtuseness? Could go either way. Although, in my own defense, I'm not so much obtuse as abstruse. But I'm working on it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts
    Has anybody ever seen Anthony J. and Julio in the same room?
    Do I sound like English is my second language, homes?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,034 Posts
    Do I sound like English is my second language, homes?
    Well, no. But Julio is pretty ****ing literate for a wetback.

By the way, 0-8 in your last two games? If you can't rake like a methed-up Honduran yard man, they're going to make you pay attention to defense.

Nobody gives a **** about -DRS or that framing **** when you rake, Tony. But a week of this and Fredi's going to tell you to come in early and work on blocking and framing. I dont want that **** any more than you do. So find your stroke. You might look in Mrs. Freddie's bed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts
    Well, no. But Julio is pretty ****ing literate for a wetback.

By the way, 0-8 in your last two games? If you can't rake like a methed-up Honduran yard man, they're going to make you pay attention to defense.

Nobody gives a **** about -DRS or that framing **** when you rake, Tony. But a week of this and Fredi's going to tell you to come in early and work on blocking and framing. I dont want that **** any more than you do. So find your stroke. You might look in Mrs. Freddie's bed.
    Did you even watch the game, bro? I raked the yard like a landscaper with OCD. Just got robbed twice.

Speaking of balls not dropping, if Christy Beth wants to step up and take my spot, he better wait 'til his have.

And FWIW, I would never sleep with a teammate's wife. Not overnight and ****. Nah, really, I wouldn't bang a teammate's wife. I mean, from this point forward, assuming sobriety of both parties and everything, I wouldn't.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthony J. Pierzynski For This Useful Post:

GovClintonTyree (05-05-2015)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,034 Posts
    Im saying imperfect metrics beat casual observation.
    Now there's a highly debatable position. What about keenly intent observation with a well-informed or expert observation?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,034 Posts
    Did you even watch the game, bro? I raked the yard like a landscaper with OCD. Just got robbed twice.

Speaking of balls not dropping, if Christy Beth wants to step up and take my spot, he better wait 'til his have.

And FWIW, I would never sleep with a teammate's wife. Not overnight and ****. Nah, really, I wouldn't bang a teammate's wife. I mean, from this point forward, assuming sobriety of both parties and everything, I wouldn't.
    Relative morality is always the most entertaining kind.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,539 Posts
    Id take keen well-informed observation.
    Now there's a highly debatable position. What about keenly intent observation with a well-informed or expert observation?