Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Fire Fredi Thread

Anytime Now Frankie...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    345 Posts

Official Fire Fredi Thread

There I did it! There I said it! Please Atlanta Braves get rid of this baffoon, our organization can't move forward with him at the helm. It can't get any more obvious, can it? Likeable guy, clueless field general.

All managers, whether great or average make some head scratching decesions throughout the season. Sometimes they work and they appear genius, other times not so much. Every manager seems to have infatuations with certain players, lineups, and pitchers despite having more talented options. The problem with Fredi is he doesn't make a headscratching move here and there that make you say meh, he makes at least 2 or 3 every single freakin game!

Nice guy but if were serious about putting this thing together for the future and putting a team on the field that can legitimately contend for the WS year in and year out, Fredi is not that guy.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,642 Posts

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,519 Posts
    If we were really serious about contending year-in-year-out, we...

You know what? I'm just mad we traded Heyward.

4. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to CyYoung31 For This Useful Post:

Braves1976 (06-07-2015), bravesnumberone (04-22-2015), Dalyn (04-22-2015), Hawk (04-22-2015), jpx7 (04-22-2015), Julio3000 (04-22-2015), Prikichi (04-24-2015), sturg33 (04-23-2015), zitothebrave (04-23-2015)

"What is a clvclv"
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,628 Posts
    Interested in being taken seriously?

Learn to spell "buffoon".

Seriously folks, getting upset over Fredi's decisions during a rebuilding season with a team that even the MOST OPTIMISTIC of us expect to win 70-75 games is like screaming at paint because it's not drying fast enough. There's ABSOLUTELY nothing that Fredi can do to make this team a playoff contender (and neither can any other Manager), so give it a rest or go on and jump your *ss off the ledge.
    Last edited by clvclv; 04-22-2015 at 09:31 PM.
    Has there EVER been a statement and question a certain someone should absolutely never have made and asked publicly more than...

Kinda pathetic to see yourself as a message board knight in shining armor. How impotent does someone have to be in real life to resort to playing hero on a message board?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to clvclv For This Useful Post:

Prikichi (04-24-2015)

It's OVER 5,000! bravesnumberone's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,015 Posts
    You fail to see the point. That we are going to stick with this moron is defeating the purpose of when we get good again.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to bravesnumberone For This Useful Post:

Perfect Cell (04-22-2015)

"What is a clvclv"
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,628 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bravesnumberone View Post
    You fail to see the point. That we are going to stick with this moron is defeating the purpose of when we get good again.
    How about we worry about "getting good again"...then deal with the Manager.
    Has there EVER been a statement and question a certain someone should absolutely never have made and asked publicly more than...

Kinda pathetic to see yourself as a message board knight in shining armor. How impotent does someone have to be in real life to resort to playing hero on a message board?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,408 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by clvclv View Post

Seriously folks, getting upset over Fredi's decisions during a rebuilding season with a team that even the MOST OPTIMISTIC of us expect to win 70-75 games is like screaming at paint because it's not drying fast enough. There's ABSOLUTELY nothing that Fredi can do to make this team a playoff contender (and neither can any other Manager), so give it a rest or go on and jump your *ss off the ledge.
    Yeah. Cause it's just about this year.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,015 Posts
    How about we worry about "getting good again"...then deal with the Manager.
    That'd be logical except he won't be dealt with. We'll be right back where we were. There is nothing good that comes from him managing this team. I give less than a **** how many games they win with this mediocre roster.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,289 Posts
    I'm fine with Fredi falling on the sword during the rebuilding years. It gives us fans an excuse to ignore the mediocrity of our own players and give us hope that with "the right coaching" they can be good.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,408 Posts
    That'd be logical except he won't be dealt with. We'll be right back where we were. There is nothing good that comes from him managing this team. I give less than a **** how many games they win with this mediocre roster.
    Yep. There's no way in hell they asked Fredi to deal with two years of rebuilding without promising him 2017, and that's without even considering the damage he's doing to the growth of the rebuild. Jace is a perfect example of Fredi cutting a young player off at the knees. Stella! is another.

A Chip Off the Old Rock Julio3000's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts

Nobody thinks that getting rid of Fredi would make this team a contender. But Cy—who has been more charitable than most at giving Fredi the benefit of the doubt—nailed it in one incomplete sentence.

If we want a perennial contender and a winning culture, we need to be as willing to to make changes in the staff as we are making changes on the field. A lot of the guys who are considered good managers today didn't get dropped fortuitously onto winning clubs. They started with young and/or rebuilding teams and were able to contribute to their growth and ultimate success. I think there's a legit case to be made that someone else could do that better than Fredi.
    Last edited by Julio3000; 04-22-2015 at 09:41 PM.

15. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Julio3000 For This Useful Post:

AerchAngel (04-22-2015), bravesnumberone (04-22-2015), CyYoung31 (04-22-2015), Dalyn (04-22-2015), jpx7 (04-22-2015), Tapate50 (04-23-2015)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    696 Posts
    I think we can do better than Fredi Gonzalez in the long run. My sense is that Hart and Coppolella know we can do better too. I don't have a major problem with letting him coach in this rebuilding year, and I don't think we were in a great position this offseason to recruit a difference-making manager.

I predict we'll have a new manager come 2016 and it will be a hire with a better pedigree than we could have gotten last November.

"What is a clvclv"
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,628 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalyn View Post
    Yeah. Cause it's just about this year.
    For many of you, obviously.

Seriously, Joe Maddon's not making this team a contender as it's constructed today. What difference does it make when you're just not very good? Martin, Cunniff, and Johnson have now pitched in 8 of the first 14 games. Stults' outing tonight was the fifth time a SP has lasted 6 innings.

If you think it's bad now and you're this *issed, you might as well look for something else to do all summer.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,408 Posts
    For many of you, obviously.
    No, it isn't. Fredi has been a ****ty manager for the Braves since 2011, and he was kind of crappy as a third base coach, too.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Dalyn For This Useful Post:

AerchAngel (04-22-2015)

"What is a clvclv"
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,628 Posts
    Your opinion.

Most of you need to see your Doctor and get some blood pressure medication.

Anytime Now Frankie...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    345 Posts
    I don't give a damn about this year. For all I care we can lose every game left to play to get the number 1 pick. This team as currently constructed is going nowhere. I know that, you know that.

It's about building for the future. Developing the pieces and putting it all together.

Making Fredi the fall guy for this year, I'm cool with that but that isn't the organizations stance I don't believe.

The September collapses. Lineup construction. Bullpen usage. Fascination with bunting and using certain pitchers every day. Warming up relievers. Pitching to hot hitters. Not using the best closer in an elimination game. Yeah, I'm not just talking about this year!

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Millwood1Hitter For This Useful Post:

AerchAngel (04-22-2015), bravesnumberone (04-22-2015), Dalyn (04-22-2015), jpx7 (04-22-2015)

"What is a clvclv"
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,628 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalyn View Post
    No, it isn't. Fredi has been a ****ty manager for the Braves since 2011, and he was kind of crappy as a third base coach, too.
    OK.

"What is a clvclv"
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,628 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Millwood1Hitter View Post
    I don't give a damn about this year. For all I care we can lose every game left to play to get the number 1 pick. This team as currently constructed is going nowhere. I know that, you know that.

It's about building for the future. Developing the pieces and putting it all together.

Making Fredi the fall guy for this year, I'm cool with that but that isn't the organizations stance I don't believe.

The September collapses. Lineup construction. Bullpen usage. Fascination with bunting and using certain pitchers every day. Warming up relievers. Pitching to hot hitters. Not using the best closer in an elimination game. Yeah, I'm not just talking about this year!
    And some of us don't give a damn about you beating a dead horse.

Last night you threw Gosselin under the bus because he botched a grounder, tonight it's Fredi's fault when Peterson made the same mistake.

Yawn.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to clvclv For This Useful Post:

Prikichi (04-24-2015)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,408 Posts
    And some of us don't give a damn about you beating a dead horse.

Last night you threw Gosselin under the bus because he botched a grounder, tonight it's Fredi's fault when Peterson made the same mistake.

Yawn.
    I didn't see anyone blame Fredi for playing Jace. Where are you getting that?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,015 Posts
    Your opinion.

Most of you need to see your Doctor and get some blood pressure medication.
    I'm sorry that you and others can't realize that the most frustrating thing about last season was Fredi pissing himself in all those close games. If we're going to have to sit through bad baseball and a far less talented team, at least spare us that crap.

When we have the "rebuild" done and are talented again, we will have the same reject manager. That's the Braves way.

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bravesnumberone For This Useful Post:

Dalyn (04-22-2015), Garmel (04-22-2015), jpx7 (04-22-2015)