Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: 5/8/15 Braves@ Nats 7:05 ET

Sabermetric Slut
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,863 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonCowboy View Post
    I'd take Trout, but Harper is going to be a thorn in the Braves side (as well as the rest of the division) for years to come. I could tolerate it somewhat if Harper was somewhat likable.
    Hopefully he goes to the Yankees in a couple of years.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,993 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jsebe10 View Post
    Has literally everything to do with that. There isn't a more athletic plsyer in the game right now than trout. Hits for power, avg, can throw and run. You are simply taking what harper has done the last 5 games and rambling.
    Wait, there are people defending the idea that Harper is better than Trout? Injuries or not, that's just wrong. Trout is better at about every aspect of the game. Heck, even his power numbers are better. I don't like Harper, but I respect the talent and the makeup, but he's not Trout.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to UNCBlue012 For This Useful Post:

AerchAngel (05-09-2015)

Secretary of Statistics AerchAngel's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts
    I didn't watch the game but I saw the second homer, might as well put it on a T, Rafael Billiard would have hit that pitch out, it was awful. About 90% of MLB players would have crush that Resop fastball. And I dislike Harper like no other but he has a vicious but beautiful swing (like the old timers, Ott, Killebrew and Eddie Matthews) that has ungodly bat speed. You do not throw fastballs to him, he will kill it, Curve and Change up him to death. He can't adjust to slower speeds and if you throw a fastball, high and outside up is his weakness, low and away that catches the zone he will go the other way with it and the bat speed is enough to have no problem clearing the fence.

Cold zone, inside and high, outside and high, inside and low but no two-seamer that tails back to the plate and any offspeed stuff in conjunction with your off the plate high or inside fastballs. Stultz gave him a meatball I just saw. TWO FREAKING MEATBALLS. This is how you lose.