Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Black Lives Matter

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    I agree that Corporations and the wealthy are ruining this country (and the world for that matter). However, I do think that the black community needs to do a better job at helping each other and risking above the terrible conditions they have been dealt and deal to themselves. Its not going to be easy but their current actions are only hurting themselves.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Connoisseur of Minors zitothebrave's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    I agree that Corporations and the wealthy are ruining this country (and the world for that matter). However, I do think that the black community needs to do a better job at helping each other and risking above the terrible conditions they have been dealt and deal to themselves. Its not going to be easy but their current actions are only hurting themselves.
    It's not just not easy, it's virtually impossible. I said virtually and there's a caveat to that.

My solution that I've shared several times is nuking our welfare system as we know it and yes you have housing assistance and food assistance, but also education assistance. Get these people who don't have anywhere to go the skills they need to work where they live. Instead of letting other people move into the area and get inflated salaries cause no one wants to teach in inner cities. Have the people from the inner cities get their license to teach and have positive impact on the community. I talked about role models before, and that's a great example of one that could easily happen if we modified welfare and included education as a requirement for maintaining it. We can get ourselves out of poverty, it's not gonna be easy, but it also will not be on tdone without shedding some corporate blood (for lack of a better euphemism) money in politics is absolutely corrupting.
    Stockholm, more densely populated than NYC - sturg

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Krgrecw View Post
    Never said I don't have racist tendencies, we all do. I'm just not a liberal and feel bad for being white.

57, sav, zito etc. would get scared if they walk to thier car in the middle of the night and a group of 'thugs' was walking towards them. They'll deny it of course but even Jesse Jackson Admitted that he gets scared when that happens.

Everyone is a little racist but the left uses racism to control blacks. The liberals will tell them the GOP and the Tea Party are all racist but it's not those groups that are making every excuse for the failures in the black community. Failure should never be accepted or excused.
    What makes you think I'm not the "thug" ?

People keep talking about jesse jackson as if he was still relevant to the Civil Rights Movement. Kinda like Randy Travis to country music

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zitothebrave View Post
    It's not just not easy, it's virtually impossible. I said virtually and there's a caveat to that.

My solution that I've shared several times is nuking our welfare system as we know it and yes you have housing assistance and food assistance, but also education assistance. Get these people who don't have anywhere to go the skills they need to work where they live. Instead of letting other people move into the area and get inflated salaries cause no one wants to teach in inner cities. Have the people from the inner cities get their license to teach and have positive impact on the community. I talked about role models before, and that's a great example of one that could easily happen if we modified welfare and included education as a requirement for maintaining it. We can get ourselves out of poverty, it's not gonna be easy, but it also will not be on tdone without shedding some corporate blood (for lack of a better euphemism) money in politics is absolutely corrupting.
    Nuking the walfare system WILL NOT work. It will only lead to more crimes being commited. What people have to realize is that this is a mind set among certain black people. The black people who have gone on to success (middle class blacks and up), many have ancestors who believed in the American dream. Right now I work in a rural school system in Florida. These kids do not believe they have a future beyond getting a minimum wage job and living on government assistance. These are poor whites, blacks, and mexicans. But when you look at it from the Black pov these people are generations away from slavery and sharecropping. The white leaders of these communities do not give a damn about these poor people improving their lives. If more blacks are poor and arrested all of the good jobs will continue to go to white people. Giving these people minimum wage is just a way to keep them in poverty!!!!

These schools stink down here!!!! I worked for a short time at a charter school where the students went many months without textbooks. I gave up my little salary for months to purchase basic supplies for these kids. I was horrified at what these kids received compared to my privileged northern suburban upbringing. Most of the parents did not care because they did not know any better (again generations away from slavery, sharecroppers and factory workers).

It is not the teachers who are at fault it is the school board and the lack of funding in many of these communities. Nothing is getting done because the school board in this one Florida county is split down a racial line. Most of the community is poor yet the leaders of the community are all white and they have the money. They do not want to raise taxes, create businesses, or jobs for people here. The kids are left with crime as their only means of making it. There is no bright future for these kids. I tried to talk to my kindergartners and high school teens about getting out of Florida and getting a college education but they all did not care because poverty is what they know!!!! Psychologically we must get to these people as kids. Taking them out of their environment and showing them a positive way to live.

The main problem is that we have to have better paying jobs. This country needs a New..New Deal!!! Training from middle school through high school for various jobs such as mechanic, nurse, police officer, construction, green jobs etc. Before these kids graduate from high school they already know they have a decent paying job (not a low paying minimum wage job) waiting for them. Show them that with these jobs they do not have to live in trailers or the ghetto. Provide financial planning courses when they are in school to help guide these young folks. Everything from opening up a bank account, savings & budgeting etc.

But I do agree with you. Stop letting outsiders have the decent jobs in these communities. Train the kids in these communities to take over these jobs. But I do not think white people who have the power in these communities will want to give up their power.

Also has anyone thought about the criminal system. We are not helping people if they committed a crime, went to jail, paid their fines etc and can't get a job due to their records. This is a huge issue that no one seems to tackle. I have adopted bi-racial sisters. Their Caucasian mother has been in and out of jail because she can't get a job due to her record. So she is forced to prostitute herself to make ends meat. Yet two years ago she received a loan for college. America has a huge problem where you can give a felon a college loan and put them in debt yet they can't get hired because of their record. That does not make sense to me.
    Last edited by njc108; 05-18-2015 at 01:40 PM.
    The Joker: Now comes the part where I relieve you, the little people, of the burden of your failed and useless lives. But, as my plastic surgeon always said: if you gotta go, go with a smile.

Atlanta Braves Fan
    Wash Nationals Fan
    Bryce Harper Fanatic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    874 Posts
    #bikerlivesmatter
    "Yes, I did think Aldrich was good UNTIL I SAW HIM PLAY. "- thethe

Secretary of Statistics AerchAngel's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gilesfan View Post
    #bikerlivesmatter
    Sorry that sarcasm won't float.

If this was the Gong Show, that would be definitely gonged.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by njc108 View Post
    Nuking the walfare system WILL NOT work. It will only lead to more crimes being commited. What people have to realize is that this is a mind set among certain black people. The black people who have gone on to success (middle class blacks and up), many have ancestors who believed in the American dream. Right now I work in a rural school system in Florida. These kids do not believe they have a future beyond getting a minimum wage job and living on government assistance. These are poor whites, blacks, and mexicans. But when you look at it from the Black pov these people are generations away from slavery and sharecropping. The white leaders of these communities do not give a damn about these poor people improving their lives. If more blacks are poor and arrested all of the good jobs will continue to go to white people. Giving these people minimum wage is just a way to keep them in poverty!!!!

These schools stink down here!!!! I worked for a short time at a charter school where the students went many months without textbooks. I gave up my little salary for months to purchase basic supplies for these kids. I was horrified at what these kids received compared to my privileged northern suburban upbringing. Most of the parents did not care because they did not know any better (again generations away from slavery, sharecroppers and factory workers).

It is not the teachers who are at fault it is the school board and the lack of funding in many of these communities. Nothing is getting done because the school board in this one Florida county is split down a racial line. Most of the community is poor yet the leaders of the community are all white and they have the money. They do not want to raise taxes, create businesses, or jobs for people here. The kids are left with crime as their only means of making it. There is no bright future for these kids. I tried to talk to my kindergartners and high school teens about getting out of Florida and getting a college education but they all did not care because poverty is what they know!!!! Psychologically we must get to these people as kids. Taking them out of their environment and showing them a positive way to live.

The main problem is that we have to have better paying jobs. This country needs a New..New Deal!!! Training from middle school through high school for various jobs such as mechanic, nurse, police officer, construction, green jobs etc. Before these kids graduate from high school they already know they have a decent paying job (not a low paying minimum wage job) waiting for them. Show them that with these jobs they do not have to live in trailers or the ghetto. Provide financial planning courses when they are in school to help guide these young folks. Everything from opening up a bank account, savings & budgeting etc.

But I do agree with you. Stop letting outsiders have the decent jobs in these communities. Train the kids in these communities to take over these jobs. But I do not think white people who have the power in these communities will want to give up their power.

Also has anyone thought about the criminal system. We are not helping people if they committed a crime, went to jail, paid their fines etc and can't get a job due to their records. This is a huge issue that no one seems to tackle. I have adopted bi-racial sisters. Their Caucasian mother has been in and out of jail because she can't get a job due to her record. So she is forced to prostitute herself to make ends meat. Yet two years ago she received a loan for college. America has a huge problem where you can give a felon a college loan and put them in debt yet they can't get hired because of their record. That does not make sense to me.
    First off, bless you my sister, you are a great person and a strong black woman that I respect.

In saying that and after preaching to these 18 to 23 year black college students they are getting a clue of what I am saying. I told them, respect your parents but you do not have to vote the way they want you to vote, this is the most important thing I tell them, use common sense. I told them you are educated and crime does not pay unless you want to be in a coffin or behind bars. When you ever encounter the police or whites for that matter, you do not trust them, but respect the law, you follow the law, nothing will happen and I brought up the last few instances and they agree, not smart on our part. Most importantly our theme now for both sexes, no sex unless you are absolutely sure you are protected, even though you will get your degree, you still have to pay that loan back and having a kid won't help.

But the minor things they were more interested and I feel I am making a difference, they call me, email me all the time.

1. I said tattoos, which I don't like, but if you have them and you are at work or going to an interview, do not show them. If you have them on your neck, wear a turtle shirt or sweater but the odds of you getting a white collar job will be difficult.
    2. Do not come to an interview blaring explicit ridden rap songs and wheels with rims, shows you are of the street and not serious.
    3. Do not use slang, ghetto, when interviewing. Show your smarts.
    4. Be respectful of your surroundings, yes sir and maam, hold the door open and what not, show you are serious in your job interview.
    5. Do not reference our race as anything but strong, not on the criminal side if they question you.

Most importantly be who you are and not trying to be someone else. I am unique, I have no cliques to follow no individual and pretty much my own person. I had enough cousins behind bars slinging it, uncles who hate the outside world and many killed (7) by other blacks, no police involved. So yes I am hard on my own race but the president finally after what 6 or 7 years in office addressed this but the two so called black leaders Jackass and Sharpton have not. This his how low our race has become, we, or I mean some of us look up to them and our president in our plight and they have not done a darn thing until the pres said that cops is not the issue, we are the issue. We need to start helping our own and I am DOING my part by preaching and preaching and pleading and pleading them to live the right life. I NEED HELP!!!! by those who were looked up to.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to AerchAngel For This Useful Post:

njc108 (05-19-2015)

**NOT ACTUALLY RACIST
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    440 Posts
    Baltimore had its deadliest month in 15 years with 35 murders in May.

Sad.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Baltimore had its deadliest month in 15 years with 35 murders in May.

Sad.
    Not sure what incentives the police have there right now.
    Natural Immunity Croc

**NOT ACTUALLY RACIST
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    440 Posts
    Not sure what incentives the police have there right now.

Charles Barkley:

“We have to be really careful with the cops man, because if it wasn’t for the cops we would be living in the Wild, Wild West in our neighborhoods,” he continued. “We can’t pick out certain incidentals that don’t go our way and act like the cops are all bad.”

“Do you know how bad some of these neighborhoods would be if it wasn’t for the cops?” Barkley asked.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Krgrecw For This Useful Post:

AerchAngel (05-27-2015)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Charles Barkley:

“We have to be really careful with the cops man, because if it wasn’t for the cops we would be living in the Wild, Wild West in our neighborhoods,” he continued. “We can’t pick out certain incidentals that don’t go our way and act like the cops are all bad.”

“Do you know how bad some of these neighborhoods would be if it wasn’t for the cops?” Barkley asked.
    We are about to find out. The lack of appreciation in this country for the job the majority of police officers do is disgusting.
    Natural Immunity Croc

**NOT ACTUALLY RACIST
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    440 Posts
    We are about to find out. The lack of appreciation in this country for the job the majority of police officers do is disgusting.

Agree.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts
    Charles Barkley:

Now you know why Liberal whites hate him, but hate him because he is rattling the stranglehold the liberal whites/Dems control over blacks using welfare. He is like me, we speak our mind, if you don't like it, that is your issue not mine because I will still say it just like him.

And he is right, no cops, you think the Mexican cartels is bad, we would be having this in our own backyard.

Connoisseur of Minors zitothebrave's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AerchAngel View Post
    Now you know why Liberal whites hate him, but hate him because he is rattling the stranglehold the liberal whites/Dems control over blacks using welfare. He is like me, we speak our mind, if you don't like it, that is your issue not mine because I will still say it just like him.

And he is right, no cops, you think the Mexican cartels is bad, we would be having this in our own backyard.
    No we wouldn't. Nice use of hyperbole.

I'm pretty sure why white liberals hate barkley is he does an awful impression of a rich white guy. It's so offensive.

Stockholm, more densely populated than NYC - sturg

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zitothebrave For This Useful Post:

AerchAngel (05-27-2015), thethe (05-27-2015)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zitothebrave View Post
    No we wouldn't. Nice use of hyperbole.

I'm pretty sure why white liberals hate barkley is he does an awful impression of a rich white guy. It's so offensive.

Okay, that was hilariously funny.