Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NHL?

Connoisseur of Minors zitothebrave's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,466 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jpx7 View Post
    I actually haven't been to British Columbia, but obviously Québec is the tits. I also really like Nova Scotia, though, and really all the Maritimes (St John is a great little town on Fundy, for instance). I'd also highly recommend the north Superior and north Huron sections of Ontario: better camping than around those lakes' respective US shores, and fewer people to get in the way.
    I probably have a view of Quebec similar to how people view New Jerseyites when they travel. I hate Quebecans largely. Some are nice, but a lot come to New Hampshire because there's no Sales tax and if they spend under a certain amount there's not excise tax or whatever when they get back into Canada. Apparently in general electronics and things like that are more expensive to buy in Canada so they'll often come down to buy things like computers and junk of that sort.
    Stockholm, more densely populated than NYC - sturg

Very Flirtatious, but Doubts What Love Is. jpx7's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,830 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zitothebrave View Post
    I probably have a view of Quebec similar to how people view New Jerseyites when they travel. I hate Quebecans largely. Some are nice, but a lot come to New Hampshire because there's no Sales tax and if they spend under a certain amount there's not excise tax or whatever when they get back into Canada. Apparently in general electronics and things like that are more expensive to buy in Canada so they'll often come down to buy things like computers and junk of that sort.
    Are these primarily Quebeckers or Québécois? Either way, all the people I met within Québec were lovely, though I've heard they don't always travel well—though I bet they're still not worse than the redneck east Ontarians who drive over to Buffalo once a week to stock up on gasoline, Coors Lite, and cig'rettes.
    Last edited by jpx7; 05-31-2015 at 02:54 PM.
    "For all his tattooings he was on the whole a clean, comely looking cannibal."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,830 Posts
    So clutch.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,122 Posts
    toews >>>>>>>>>>>
    dude really saves his best play for the playoffs. incredible player.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to yeezus For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (06-06-2015)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,122 Posts
    Duncan Keith, too. Averaging over 31 minutes on the ice. Insane. +/- at 14!!! for the postseason. so nice for a team to have a guy like that.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to yeezus For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (06-06-2015)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,830 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by yeezus View Post
    Duncan Keith, too. Averaging over 31 minutes on the ice. Insane. +/- at 14!!! for the postseason. so nice for a team to have a guy like that.
    The Blackhawks' top defensemen have been playing huge minutes, generally. Hjalmarsson has been playing big minutes too—both in number and significance.

And speaking of clutch play: Teräväinen has been a beast this postseason, after playing much more sparingly during the regular season.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,830 Posts
    Hjalmarsson may even be having an even bigger impact in today's game than Keith has.
    Last edited by jpx7; 06-06-2015 at 08:38 PM.

Called Up to the Major Leagues
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    300 Posts
    Are these primarily Quebeckers or Québécois? Either way, all the people I met within Québec were lovely, though I've heard they don't always travel well—though I bet they're still not worse than the redneck east Ontarians who drive over to Buffalo once a week to stock up on gasoline, Coors Lite, and cig'rettes.
    Where do you live?

Making Atlanta Great Again!
    #MAGA!

Promises MADE, Promises KEPT!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,759 Posts
    Looks like Blackhawks have this wrapped up.
    Forever Fredi

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    300 Posts
    The Blackhawks had better enjoy this to the maximum, because they're going to be in cap purgatory very soon.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,830 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Knucksie View Post
    Where do you live?
    At the moment, amongst northern Arizona's mottled mix of creosote, juniper, palo verde, and pine—but, until a few months ago, I'd lived in Chicago for 10+ years (and, before Chicago, I was born and mostly raised in swampy Pensacola, Florida).

The Blackhawks had better enjoy this to the maximum, because they're going to be in cap purgatory very soon.
    Some tough decisions this off-season, for sure—especially with Toews and Kane owning substantial extensions, and Saad joining that must-keep category.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    300 Posts
    Some tough decisions this off-season, for sure—especially with Toews and Kane owning substantial extensions, and Saad joining that must-keep category.
    Toews & Kane aren't going anywhere. Patrick Sharp will be among the first to get jettisoned.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,830 Posts
    Toews & Kane aren't going anywhere. Patrick Sharp will be among the first to get jettisoned.
    Yea, that was pretty much my point: Kane and Toews are core keepers, Saad has added himself to that list, and they really rely on Keith and Hjalmarsson. Outside of that group, there are some very good players, but several can't and won't be with Chicago next season. Sharp does seem to be one of the more plausible cap casualties.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    300 Posts
    Yea, that was pretty much my point: Kane and Toews are core keepers, Saad has added himself to that list, and they really rely on Keith and Hjalmarsson. Outside of that group, there are some very good players, but several can't and won't be with Chicago next season. Sharp does seem to be one of the more plausible cap casualties.
    Not sure of their exact cap situation, but Pittsburgh will eventually end up with Crosby, Malkin, and bunch of role players.

Anyway, draft this weekend. Always worth checking out.