Thread: School bullying

Secretary of Statistics AerchAngel's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts

School bullying

My neighbors, atheist and what not took their kid out of public school and pay almost double for Catholic school because they asked the school 8 times with proof, recorded information of bullying and did not do anything because of the parents of the bully kid. They say he is a good kid in the neighborhood and roughhousing is okay. I had a problem with that until it happen to my child in a private school.

My daughter goes to Catholic school and a boy who is 3 years older took her knapsack, broke her android pad and the zippers on her knapsack and was in tears (hysterical to be honest, she doesn't understand how kids can be so cruel and just take her stuff). I called the bus company and they ask me for details. I got the boys name, first and last and they said they will talk to the principal. Since I am going to school tomorrow I will talk to the principal and if she doesn't do anything with the boy, his parents and I will have a little discussion and they BETTER cooperate and pay for a new ASUS MemoPad that she has or there will be issues and I am not a person you want to deal with if we have issues.

Mind you, my first instinct was beat the schit out of the father not properly parenting his child as my kids, girls and boy no nothing of bullying, but the wife and my parents told me to calm down as they know I will beat someone to death if I have to and messing with my kids, I will beat you to death. I am a nice person as they say at work, but don't piss me off, I am not a good person after that, not at all.

I called my mom, a retired discipline teacher, she said I did the right thing but under no circumstance confront and beat the child's father (she know I will) just do what I do, make him feel an inch tall and I taught you how to do that.

So if your kid is bullied by someone bigger and several years older, what would you do? The public schools can't do anything but say "stop it" but private schools can be harsher in discipline.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts
    Okay I am now really pissed.

The bully knows my daughter has a MemoPad Android tablet and demanded she give it to him to play. Since she is like 30 minutes from school, it means their parents are close. He forcibly got the tablet to play it as she does play it when she comes home.

I am getting angrier now. I am really trying to stay calm. Wife says if I have to confront them, she wants to be there so I won't kick his ass.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AerchAngel View Post
    Mind you, my first instinct was beat the schit out of the father not properly parenting his child as my kids, girls and boy no nothing of bullying, but the wife and my parents told me to calm down as they know I will beat someone to death if I have to and messing with my kids, I will beat you to death. I am a nice person as they say at work, but don't piss me off, I am not a good person after that, not at all.
    How do they know this? What, no update?

Playing the Waiting Game keithlaw's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    294 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Runnin View Post
    How do you think he escaped Chulak?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by keithlaw View Post
    How do you think he escaped Chulak?
    No idea what that means. LOL

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,739 Posts
    This is why I dont have kids. I would break that kids face.

Your options as I see it are to call the police. Crimes by kids are still crimes. I dont know if it would be possible to get a restraining order against a kid. If you could then he would have to take on the burden of avoiding your daughter so she wouldnt have to change anything. Or you could threaten the school with a lawsuit. They are obligated to provide a safe environment when in school custody. I got in a lot of fights in middle school because I was one of 4 white kids and I never threw the first punch but I kept getting suspended for fighting back. I tried to get my parents to sue them because I shouldnt be suspended for their lack of ability to provide me a safe environment. Preventing other kids from assaulting me/your kid is literally their job.

Honestly the best course of action is to get your daughter to take self defense classes. Even if she doesnt have to use it the confidence of knowing she can defend herself if need be can often prevent it from ever getting physical. If I had a kid, especially a daughter, I would get them started as early as possible.
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts
    When it comes to kids and especially blame the parents for not bringing them up in circumstances like this.

The principal and bus driver took care of the issue, apologies were issued by all sides. I asked my co worker, he was in the same predicament and as a parent of very young children your first instinct it to protect your child. I know as our race is not really prevalent considering what we are seeing today. I do not want my kids to become one of those statistics. Yes I can teach her to defend herself, but really, violence begets violence and I want to steer her from it and I've shown poor judgement in not letting the others say their story. Kids were being kids and he thought she liked him and it was okay and she said no. Now he learned a lesson and she did as well.

I remember when my mom have to worry about getting assaulted or shot while a teacher because she had the bad of bad and confronts parents all the time. I do not know how she could do it when you tell their bad ass kids to respect other people and they just brush you off. That is what I was worried that they would do it to me.

But everything is fine now and I am cool. A valuable lesson I learned and my daughter and the little boy on how far you can go. His parent were willing to pay for any damage done which I took care of. I am grateful for them to show compassion and owning up.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts
    No idea what that means. LOL
    The picture is of Christopher Judge, who played Tea'lc in the Stargate series and movies. I kind of look like him, not as tall, but similar build.