Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Charleston SC shooting

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    As such, there are several phrases and words that are likely to not be used by the corporate news media in the discussions of the Charleston mass murders at the Emanuel Baptist Church.

They include:

1. What is radicalizing white men to commit such acts of domestic terrorism and mass shootings? Are Fox News and the right-wing media encouraging violence?

2. Is something wrong with the white family? Why are their sons and men so violent?

3. What should law enforcement and white politicians do about white crime?

4. Is the Charleston mass shooting just one more sign that America needs sensible and reasonable gun control policies?

5. Where are the white fathers in the white home?

6. When will white leadership step up and stop white right-wing domestic terrorism?

7. Is White American culture pathological? Why is White America so violent?

8. Are there appropriate role models for white men and boys? Could better role models and mentoring help to prevent white men and boys from committing mass shootings and being seduced by right-wing domestic terrorism?

///////

Not to mention that damn flag that symbolizes the institutional enslavement of a race of people . And celebrates the wrong headed notion of the supremacy of whites

Now that , is a "delicious trope"
    Last edited by 57Brave; 06-18-2015 at 12:09 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to 57Brave For This Useful Post:

njc108 (06-18-2015)

Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,446 Posts
    Stop copying and pasting text from liberal blogs (in this case, Salon, but usually KOS or Slate or Vox) and trying to pass it off as your own original composition/thought/theory.

It's always the same bull**** with you. The same brain-washed, archaic take.
    Last edited by Hawk; 06-18-2015 at 12:09 PM.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hawk For This Useful Post:

Garmel (06-18-2015), gilesfan (06-18-2015)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    One day we can discuss original thought. What constitutes original thought - and what we borrow and or .. some other naval gazing exercise fit for a 2 AM sophmore year at college

Until then, as the defiant symbol celebrating white supremacy, will the stars and bars fly over the capital of your state ?

Regardless where I first saw the question asked --

it was in fact Black Lives Matter that asked the question.
    But I am sure they too will be dismissed - because well, they are black and young.
    Last edited by 57Brave; 06-18-2015 at 12:23 PM.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to 57Brave For This Useful Post:

njc108 (06-18-2015)

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,788 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 57Brave View Post
    It is illegal in Germany to display a swastika.
    Luckily we support freedom of speech here

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sturg33 For This Useful Post:

Carp (06-19-2015), Garmel (06-18-2015)

Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,446 Posts
    Back to relevancy:

Andrew Knapp
    @offlede
    In Feb., Roof got arrested after going store to store at Columbia mall, asking about number of employees, closing time. #CharlestonShooting

Andrew Knapp
    @offlede
    After 1st arrest at Columbia mall, Roof was banned, but arrested again April 26 after being found in parking lot. #CharlestonShooting
    Last edited by Hawk; 06-18-2015 at 12:54 PM.

Atlanta Braves Fan
    Wash Nationals Fan
    Bryce Harper Fanatic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    874 Posts
    WTF do people think this case is not getting coverage because they were black? This is news everywhere and the universal thought process is Roof was a ****ing pycho.

The real question is why would someone give a 21 year old with a bowl cut a handgun?
    "Yes, I did think Aldrich was good UNTIL I SAW HIM PLAY. "- thethe

Very Flirtatious, but Doubts What Love Is. jpx7's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,831 Posts
    Disgusting.
    "For all his tattooings he was on the whole a clean, comely looking cannibal."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Krgrecw View Post
    i don't want to change the subject but this is whAt I don't understand. This is a tragedy, undoubtedly, but nine blacks will die this weekend in the streets of Chicago because of stupid inner city gang bullcrap but neither you or the media will mention it. Since this is a white guy behind it, it's time to discuss gun laws and race relations.
    It is the white led media that is the problem. There are plenty of black people who want tougher gun laws. But to be perfectly honest. I believe many (not all) white people don't like black people we are "animals" (gang bangers in the hoods) or product (athletes). So blacks killing blacks doesn't really matter because hey "Thats black population control. As long as they are killing their own. Its all good". But there are MANY minorities who want tougher gun, drug, criminal laws. But we do not have the $$$ nor are we the right skin color to affect that much change.

Honestly what you have stated feels like the token right wing Fox news talking points whenever a white person commits a crime against blacks. Crime is terrible no matter who does it. So bringing up blacks in Chicago dying its not getting us anywhere. Its all wrong and if the dang leaders weren't so beholden to the NRA or lobbyist groups real change could occur. But thats only going to happen when the white majority stops feeling threaten that the minorities will take over.

Sorry about my grammar/spelling. This has really just upset me. I grew up in the church. As a church usher I would have greeted this man with open arms not thinking that this man would pull a gun on me and others. Its just too much to think about living in a world where I can't trust white people and don't want to have any interaction with them.
    Last edited by njc108; 06-18-2015 at 01:05 PM.
    The Joker: Now comes the part where I relieve you, the little people, of the burden of your failed and useless lives. But, as my plastic surgeon always said: if you gotta go, go with a smile.

Secretary of Statistics AerchAngel's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gilesfan View Post
    WTF do people think this case is not getting coverage because they were black? This is news everywhere and the universal thought process is Roof was a ****ing pycho.

The real question is why would someone give a 21 year old with a bowl cut a handgun?
    No amount of gun laws in this country will discourage a person to obtain a weapon to commit murder. Even countries that ban weapons have murders committed by people who don't legally own guns. The only difference is those countries as they have measures to try to minimize racism, sexism, institutionalize nuts and other things we have issues with today.

This person was a wacko after they talk to people that knew him. Just like that day back home (Paducah, KY) when a kid open fired on kids during prayer, he was a nut as well and his parents were LAWYERS.

Now that bowl haircut, really?

Secretary of Statistics AerchAngel's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by njc108 View Post
    So blacks killing blacks doesn't really matter because hey "Thats black population control. As long as they are killing their own. Its all good". But there are MANY minorities who want tougher gun, drug, criminal laws. But we do not have the $$$ nor are we the right skin color to affect that much change.
    This is so true. NRA loves it even though most guns used in black on black violence were illegally obtained/bought. So they would find other ways, like they do in Jamaica or Bahamas, use machetes or scythes.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AerchAngel For This Useful Post:

njc108 (06-18-2015), Oklahomahawk (06-18-2015)

Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,446 Posts
    The Post and Courier
    @postandcourier
    BREAKING: @CharlestonPD dispatch says bomb threat called in at Morris Brown AME Church, site of vigil for #CharlestonShooting.#chsnews

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    The Post and Courier
    @postandcourier
    BREAKING: @CharlestonPD dispatch says bomb threat called in at Morris Brown AME Church, site of vigil for #CharlestonShooting.#chsnews

Thanks for the updates Hawk.
    The Joker: Now comes the part where I relieve you, the little people, of the burden of your failed and useless lives. But, as my plastic surgeon always said: if you gotta go, go with a smile.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to njc108 For This Useful Post:

Hawk (06-18-2015)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Wow Hawk, I thought Jezebel was a blog that rated sex toys and did gossip -- learn something new every day

http://southernprideflagco.com/Stock.html
    Last edited by 57Brave; 06-18-2015 at 01:16 PM.

Atlanta Braves Fan
    Wash Nationals Fan
    Bryce Harper Fanatic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    874 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by njc108 View Post
    It is the white led media that is the problem. There are plenty of black people who want tougher gun laws. But to be perfectly honest. I believe many (not all) white people don't like black people we are "animals" (gang bangers in the hoods) or product (athletes). So blacks killing blacks doesn't really matter because hey "Thats black population control. As long as they are killing their own. Its all good". But there are MANY minorities who want tougher gun, drug, criminal laws. But we do not have the $$$ nor are we the right skin color to affect that much change.

Honestly what you have stated feels like the token right wing Fox news talking points whenever a white person commits a crime against blacks. Crime is terrible no matter who does it. So bringing up blacks in Chicago dying its not getting us anywhere. Its all wrong and if the dang leaders weren't so beholden to the NRA or lobbyist groups real change could occur. But thats only going to happen when the white majority stops feeling threaten that the minorities will take over.

Sorry about my grammar/spelling. This has really just upset me. I grew up in the church. As a church usher I would have greeted this man with open arms not thinking that this man would pull a gun on me and others. Its just too much to think about living in a world where I can't trust white people and don't want to have any interaction with them.

You are probably more racist than any "white people" on this message board.

Atlanta Braves Fan
    Wash Nationals Fan
    Bryce Harper Fanatic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    874 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AerchAngel View Post
    No amount of gun laws in this country will discourage a person to obtain a weapon to commit murder. Even countries that ban weapons have murders committed by people who don't legally own guns. The only difference is those countries as they have measures to try to minimize racism, sexism, institutionalize nuts and other things we have issues with today.

This person was a wacko after they talk to people that knew him. Just like that day back home (Paducah, KY) when a kid open fired on kids during prayer, he was a nut as well and his parents were LAWYERS.

Now that bowl haircut, really?
    FYI, I have a lot of family in Paducah, KY. I've never visited personally.

Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,446 Posts
    NYT nails it, per usual: http://www.nytimes.com/2015/06/19/us...mid=tw-nytimes

The Facebook profile picture chosen by Dylann Storm Roof in May is thick with symbolism. It shows Mr. Roof, a scowling young white man, against a distinctly Southern backdrop: a swamp dripping with Spanish moss. His black jacket is adorned with two flags — one from apartheid-era South Africa, the other from white-ruled Rhodesia — that have been adopted as emblems by modern-day white supremacists.

[...]

Mr. Roof’s current address is listed in public records as Eastover, S.C., a very small town southeast of Columbia with an overwhelmingly African-American population. On Facebook, many of his 88 friends are black. He attended high school in Lexington, about 40 miles west of Eastover.

[...]

Mr. Roof had two prior brushes with the law, both in recent months, according to court records. In February, he attracted attention at the Columbiana Centre, a shopping mall, by asking store employees “out-of-the-ordinary questions” such as how many people were working and what time they would be leaving, according to a police report. An officer who responded searched him and found Suboxone, a prescription drug used to treat opiate addiction and frequently sold in illegal street transactions. Mr. Roof admitted that he did not have a prescription for the drug, the report said, and he was arrested and charged with felony drug possession. The case is continuing.

[...]

The Daily Beast reported that John Mullins, who went to high school with Mr. Roof, described him as a heavy drug user who told racist jokes. He was “kind of wild,” Mr. Mullins said.

“He used drugs heavily a lot,” Mr. Mullins added. “He was like a pill popper, from what I understood. Like Xanax, and stuff like that.”

Mr. Roof “had that kind of Southern pride, I guess some would say — strong conservative beliefs,” Mr. Mullins said. “He made a lot of racist jokes, but you don’t really take them seriously like that. You don’t really think of it like that.”

Now, Mr. Mullins added, it appears that Mr. Roof was “not joking.”

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,122 Posts
    lmao what a prick

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,122 Posts
    I'd say the people that don't think decades and decades (centuries?) of extreme racism and exclusion are a major factor in why poor black people's communities are the way they are are far more racist. also those that won't admit white privilege is a thing.

Atlanta Braves Fan
    Wash Nationals Fan
    Bryce Harper Fanatic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    874 Posts
    What would you say about Kgrew if he said he didn't trust black people and wanted no interaction with them?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts
    Maybe...maybe not. At the end of the day only God can judge me.

LOL but I bet you were just jumping up and down waiting for your chance to label me a racist LMAO. Some of ya'll make me laugh!