Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Charleston SC shooting

**NOT ACTUALLY RACIST
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    440 Posts

Charleston SC shooting

Some rumors that 8 people have been shot and killed at an AME church in Charleston, SC. Sad

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    9 dead
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,446 Posts
    I am walking back to my house from the press conference right now. Word locally is that a state senator (clementa Pinckney) is among the dead. Suspect still on the loose. We live on a peninsula so police are everywhere.

Chief of police called it a hate crime.

It's OVER 5,000! bravesnumberone's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,023 Posts
    State senator that I know and have covered some at my newspaper was believed to have been in the church. Some conflicting reports that he was killed.

So despicable.

**NOT ACTUALLY RACIST
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    440 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    I am walking back to my house from the press conference right now. Word locally is that a state senator (clementa Pinckney) is among the dead. Suspect still on the loose. We live on a peninsula so police are everywhere.

Chief of police called it a hate crime.

Forgot you lived there. What's the word on the street? The description of the reported shooter sounds like 50% of all college aged white guys. Although the choice of shoes should narrow it down greatly.

Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,446 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Krgrecw View Post
    Forgot you lived there. What's the word on the street? The description of the reported shooter sounds like 50% of all college aged white guys. Although the choice of shoes should narrow it down greatly.
    Police chaplain said Pinckney was dead a few minutes ago.

Local law enforcement predictably inept, tight-lipped. We've heard nothing more about the suspect or the shooting itself except: 21, blonde hair, grey hoodie, timberland boots.

It's OVER 5,000! bravesnumberone's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,023 Posts
    MSNBC saying Pinckney dead.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    so much that is the same as every other time this happens and will continue to happen for no good reason

a mass shooting AGAIN and nothing will change at the end of the day except 9 lives are gone and families are ripped apart etc
    9 black lives killed in the deep south by a white man and has been on the loose for hours.

white people tell Blacks and other minorities that racism isn't a real problem and they need to pull themselves up from the boot straps while overlooking centuries of disenfranchisement

i can only imagine what i would see if 9 white people were killed at a church by a muslim or a black guy etc

yet at the end of the day, no real change will come to our gun laws or our tracking of hate groups in this country or mental health problems in this country and it is sad that year after year people have to die for no reason cause people don't have the courage to stand up and actually change something in congress.
    Last edited by goldfly; 06-18-2015 at 02:52 AM.
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to goldfly For This Useful Post:

Hawk (06-18-2015), Prikichi (06-22-2015)

Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,446 Posts
    Just going to throw this out there, because I think I'd be remiss not to ... Hillary Clinton was in town today and Pinckney attended a fundraiser for her earlier this evening before going to the church.

**NOT ACTUALLY RACIST
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    440 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by goldfly View Post
    so much that is the same as every other time this happens and will continue to happen for no good reason

a mass shooting AGAIN and nothing will change at the end of the day except 9 lives are gone and families are ripped apart etc
    9 black lives killed in the deep south by a white man and has been on the loose for hours.

white people tell Blacks and other minorities that racism isn't a real problem and they need to pull themselves up from the boot straps while overlooking centuries of disenfranchisement

i can only imagine what i would see if 9 white people were killed at a church by a muslim or a black guy etc

yet at the end of the day, no real change will come to our gun laws or our tracking of hate groups in this country or mental health problems in this country and it is sad that year after year people have to die for no reason cause people don't have the courage to stand up actually change something in congress.

i don't want to change the subject but this is whAt I don't understand. This is a tragedy, undoubtedly, but nine blacks will die this weekend in the streets of Chicago because of stupid inner city gang bullcrap but neither you or the media will mention it. Since this is a white guy behind it, it's time to discuss gun laws and race relations.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    We have covered those dumb "points" in the other threads you brought that up in

Outskirts Of Mobile, Alabama. Roll Tide!!!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,814 Posts
    Tragic, horrible, and completely senseless. My prayers to the families and the citizens of Charleston.
    Chopping With The Braves And Rolling With The Tide

Atlanta Braves Fan
    Wash Nationals Fan
    Bryce Harper Fanatic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    874 Posts
    Damn, really hits home Hawk; hope everything gets worked out down there. I've read the shooter was possibly in the group for an hour before starting to shoot? I can't believe they don't know who it is yet, they need to get him off the street.
    "Yes, I did think Aldrich was good UNTIL I SAW HIM PLAY. "- thethe

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,122 Posts
    ‘No Way To Prevent This,’ Says Only Nation Where This Regularly Happens

http://www.theonion.com/article/no-w...ere-this-36131

16. The Following User Says Thank You to yeezus For This Useful Post:

goldfly (06-19-2015)

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    Police chaplain said Pinckney was dead a few minutes ago.

Local law enforcement predictably inept, tight-lipped. We've heard nothing more about the suspect or the shooting itself except: 21, blonde hair, grey hoodie, timberland boots.
    Glad you're OK man!! I don't know how many more of these tragedies we're going to allow some to use for political gain, be it the left or the right. Any time that humans are senselessly murdered, be it one or nine or a million, it's a terrible tragedy and we all need to stop allowing it to be used by someone else for some ugly purpose to further divide an already divided nation.

Again, glad you're OK.

Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,446 Posts
    Thanks. I'm perfectly fine. I was out on my nightly cigarette stroll when I heard a massive amount of police sirens and walked over to investigate. A lot of my friends are in local media, so I hung around and kind of soaked up the drama. Got home late, and as I crawled into bed it kind of sunk in -- Charleston has grown a lot in the past half-decade, but it still feels very small town and innocent. This destroys a lot of that.

Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,446 Posts
    KRG, looks like the shooter was from up your way (Lexington) -- so tell me, why would somebody drive two hours down here from Columbia (where there are a ton of large black churches) just to commit murder? Was it Pinckney? The historical significance of the church?

This a quote from a survivor about what the killer said, "'He just said: "I have to do it. You rape our women and you're taking over our country. And you have to go.'

And apparently he reloaded 5 times.

Brutal.

Connoisseur of Minors zitothebrave's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    KRG, looks like the shooter was from up your way (Lexington) -- so tell me, why would somebody drive two hours down here from Columbia (where there are a ton of large black churches) just to commit murder? Was it Pinckney? The historical significance of the church?

This a quote from a survivor about what the killer said, "'He just said: "I have to do it. You rape our women and you're taking over our country. And you have to go.'

And apparently he reloaded 5 times.

Brutal.
    That's insane, and more or less continually brings back the concern that it is our media. Fear sells and the Media uses it to get people to watch it all the time. Kind of sad.
    Stockholm, more densely populated than NYC - sturg

Atlanta Braves Fan
    Wash Nationals Fan
    Bryce Harper Fanatic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    874 Posts
    The shooter, Dylan Roof apparently was seen in a photo with a jacket with flags from South Africa and Rhodesia apartheid. . Something doesn't add up to me; seems strange to take on this cause. Why was this church selected being away from Columbia?
    "Yes, I did think Aldrich was good UNTIL I SAW HIM PLAY. "- thethe

Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,446 Posts
    A federal law enforcement official, who was not authorized to speak publicly, earlier told The Times that it appeared from the surveillance images that the assailant may have been wearing a wig and a fake nose, and may even have dyed part of his skin.

---

But he drives his own car to the scene?

What?