Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Same-Sex Marriage is now a Right

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    I love states rights. That doesn't mean I agree with state laws that undermine personal liberty.

I find it hilarious that the fine for not baking a cake for someone is $135K. The thugs of the LGBT activist crowds will never quit though - so we better do what they say
    it wasn't for not baking a cake. it was refusing service to a certain type of person.

it's really simple to understand

really though, what is poorrichardsnews.com. the site is a funny
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,790 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by goldfly View Post
    it wasn't for not baking a cake. it was refusing service to a certain type of person.

it's really simple to understand

really though, what is poorrichardsnews.com. the site is a funny
    Right... well my love for individual property rights supersedes my love for state's rights. And I think you should be able to refuse service to anyone for any reason in a private business.

And I have no idea... saw it linked on a facebook account and checked it out. Looks like a legit story though, so not sure why you're so concerned with the source

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Wow, I missed that. Someone got fined 135K for not doing something becuase they didn't agree with a gay couples beliefs?

Thats pretty bad.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    Wow, I missed that. Someone got fined 135K for not doing something becuase they didn't agree with a gay couples beliefs?

Thats pretty bad.
    yeah, it's the religious crowds rallying cry case

in Oregon state law you cant refuse service cause someone is gay. just like you can't if they were white or black etc etc etc
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    Right... well my love for individual property rights supersedes my love for state's rights. And I think you should be able to refuse service to anyone for any reason in a private business.

And I have no idea... saw it linked on a facebook account and checked it out. Looks like a legit story though, so not sure why you're so concerned with the source
    not sure why it is hard to understand that to become a business you get a business license and agree to practice your business by those laws that govern that area

again, very simple to understand

your individual property rights to treat someone as a 2nd class citizen ended when you agreed to open a business to those rules

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by goldfly View Post
    yeah, it's the religious crowds rallying cry case

in Oregon state law you cant refuse service cause someone is gay. just like you can't if they were white or black etc etc etc
    I still don't understand why its a bad thing for a private business to refuse work. Its not like there aren't plenty of other options.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    I still don't understand why its a bad thing for a private business to refuse work. Its not like there aren't plenty of other options.
    ok

just answering your question that they broke a law and were fined for it