**NOT ACTUALLY RACIST
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    440 Posts

Jesse Jackson Jr AMA

http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comment...e_jackson_ama/

Mr. Jackson,
    You are an immoral, hate-filled race baiter that has figured out how to manipulate the political system for your own gain. You've personally set back race relations year after year and continue to do more harm than good. Extorting money from companies to line your pockets and threatening to bus in protestors and create a fake racial controversy if they don’t agree to pay you off is NOT civil rights activism. My question is simple; how is your relationship with the illegitimate child you fathered in 1998 while cheating on your wife? Bonus question: How much money have you extorted from various people and companies over the years of practicing your shakedown scheme? Do you think Al Capone would be jealous of your business model if he were still alive?

[–]RevJesseJackson[S] -779 points 6 days ago
    I do. But I was jailed in 1960. For trying to use a public library. And that caused more good than harm. I marched to end segregation. The day Dr. King spoke on Washington, in 1963, I was there for that speech. That day, from Texas to Florida, you couldn't use a single public toilet. We could not buy ice cream at Howard Johnson's, or stay in Holiday Inns. We fought to bring those barriers down. And because those walls are down, all the new interstate construction across the South - the new bridges and ports, and seaports - that's progress. You couldn't have teams behind the Cotton Curtain. You couldn't have had Olympics in Atlanta behind the Cotton Curtain. You couldn't have Toyota, and Michelin, behind the Cotton Curtain, so we pulled those walls down.
    So our work has been beneficial. And it seems to me that people who benefit from that work ascribe it to the wrong reasons.
    When the laws change to make the South more civil, that brought in more investment. So we've made America better.
    All these changes have come from our work. Our work has bene good for the South, and good for America.
    My goal is to expand our consciousness, to create as big a tent as possible, as we fight for justice and world peace. I was able to bring Americans home from jail, from prison, and gaining those freedom of those Americans was the highest and best use of my talents and time.

[–]peaksy 876 points 5 days ago
    Hang on Guys, Let me translate:
    I have had a hard life, I was Jailed in 1960 for using a public library. All my actions from there forward are justified because I feel I can still play the race card 55 years later

I don't like the guy but he knows what he's doing

Making Atlanta Great Again!
    #MAGA!

Promises MADE, Promises KEPT!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,762 Posts
    I don't know any black folks around my age that actually think Sharpton and Jackson are serious leaders for the black community. Most don't want them to be taken serious.
    Forever Fredi

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,708 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Heywood View Post
    I don't know any black folks around my age that actually think Sharpton and Jackson are serious leaders for the black community. Most don't want them to be taken serious.
    You don't actually know any black folk at all do you? Be honest.
    thank you weso1!

Secretary of Statistics AerchAngel's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts
    They are both a joke in the Black community, but there are some whites that do defend them and say they are best for our people........notes that they are all Democrats.