Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Jeb Bush: People Need to Work Longer Hours...

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts

Jeb Bush: People Need to Work Longer Hours...

He was answering a question about his plans for tax reform and responded:

“My aspiration for the country and I believe we can achieve it, is 4 percent growth as far as the eye can see. Which means we have to be a lot more productive, workforce participation has to rise from its all-time modern lows. It means that people need to work longer hours” and, through their productivity, gain more income for their families. That's the only way we're going to get out of this rut that we're in.”
    http://news.yahoo.com/jeb-bush-peopl...235206730.html

takes a lot of balls to lecture working people to work more hours when you exploited your position of being a gov. to make yourself millions.

Jeb Bush's Income Soared After His Time as Governor, Tax Returns Show

Bush made $28.5 million between 2007, the year he left office, and 2013.

The former governor's income jumped from $260,000 in 2006, his last full year as governor, to $2.2 million the next year. Bush left office in early 2007.

He continued to make at least $1.85 million each year, with his highest total, $7.3 million, coming in 2013
    http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/jeb-b...ry?id=32137625
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

Arizona Fall Leaguer
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts
    He's right. To many part time workers. To many peep out of the workforce. Figures goldfly opposes more work.

Has anyone ever seen goldfly comment on the Clinton's exploiting the presidency to secure massive amounts of wealth for themselves. Hell. Clinton didn't even own a house when was elected pres. He was taking tax deductions for his underwear he had donated to goodwill.

Goldfly. A libetarian's libertarian. Time to come out of the closet iron pyrite!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,122 Posts
    we work more hours for lesser pay in this country compared to many others. this is not a good thing.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to yeezus For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (07-09-2015), Prikichi (08-12-2015)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    Easy for Jeb to say. I'm sure he was born into wealth.
    Natural Immunity Croc

6. The Following User Says Thank You to thethe For This Useful Post:

The Chosen One (07-09-2015)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,881 Posts
    I don't trust quotations from an article on a message board and I'll go read the entire thing, but if he means going to a vocational route and improving the workforce through trade education then I can get on board with it. Part time fast food and retail workers learning a trade and working at an HVAC company (or the like) with on call, overtime, etc... can do fairly well for themselves.
    Ivermectin Man

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tapate50 View Post
    I don't trust quotations from an article on a message board and I'll go read the entire thing, but if he means going to a vocational route and improving the workforce through trade education then I can get on board with it. Part time fast food and retail workers learning a trade and working at an HVAC company (or the like) with on call, overtime, etc... can do fairly well for themselves.
    you don't trust direct quotations ===
    that explains why you come across so mis informed on most topics

Quotation marks mean, they are exactly what the person said.
    Suppose Jeb was POTUS and made such a faux pas that needed further explanation speaking with Putin or during delicate negotiations concerning the disposal of Iranian nuclear waste ? We are not even 3 months into the campaign and already his handlers are having to explain "what he really meant" wow, I remember another Bush with the same problem...

In quotation marks.

“My aspiration for the country and I believe we can achieve it, is 4 percent growth as far as the eye can see. Which means we have to be a lot more productive, workforce participation has to rise from its all-time modern lows. It means that people need to work longer hours” and, through their productivity, gain more income for their families. That's the only way we're going to get out of this rut that we're in.”

It is what he said - like Obama saying there were 57 states or ...
    Big difference between confusing the number of states visited and insinuating "47%" of the voting public isn't pulling it's weight
    Last edited by 57Brave; 07-09-2015 at 09:04 AM.

Gwinnett Bound
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    199 Posts
    This guy was born into immense wealth from one of the most powerful families in America and now here he is telling us we need to work longer hours (at reduced wages....which is why "workforce participation" is at all time modern lows) so him and his cronies can exploit us.

You'd have to be out of your ****ing mind to vote another Bush into any kind of office.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to ESP47 For This Useful Post:

goldfly (07-09-2015)

Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,446 Posts
    Heaven forbid a Presidential candidate promote a stronger work ethic.

! ... ?

Vol hits the nail on the head RE: part time workers / unemployed. Reading into Bush's comments anymore than that is ludicrous.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VOLracious View Post
    He's right. To many part time workers. To many peep out of the workforce. Figures goldfly opposes more work.

Has anyone ever seen goldfly comment on the Clinton's exploiting the presidency to secure massive amounts of wealth for themselves. Hell. Clinton didn't even own a house when was elected pres. He was taking tax deductions for his underwear he had donated to goodwill.

Goldfly. A libetarian's libertarian. Time to come out of the closet iron pyrite!
    i love a good Vol sighting

see ya again for your next post and run in a couple months
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post

! ... ?

Vol hits the nail on the head RE: part time workers / unemployed. Reading into Bush's comments anymore than that is ludicrous.
    Its more of the fact that a person who was born with a silver spoon in his mouth telling all of us to work harder. This man never had to worry about money his entire life and was handed every job he has ever had. Its despicable and I'm no Liberal/Democrat.

There are those that could work harder in this country but so many of us work too much for not enough. Corporations are profiting hand over fist by getting free overtime and its disgusting.
    Natural Immunity Croc

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thethe For This Useful Post:

bravesnumberone (07-09-2015), jpx7 (07-09-2015)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by yeezus View Post
    we work more hours for lesser pay in this country compared to many others. this is not a good thing.
    yep

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    Oh yeah, workforce participation is at an all time low because his buddies and the rest of these greedy wealthy individuals are sending jobs overseas for even cheaper labor. Very convenient. Take our jobs away and say its our fault.
    Natural Immunity Croc

17. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to thethe For This Useful Post:

bravesnumberone (07-09-2015), ESP47 (07-09-2015), goldfly (07-09-2015), jpx7 (07-09-2015), Oklahomahawk (07-09-2015)

Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,446 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    Its more of the fact that a person who was born with a silver spoon in his mouth telling all of us to work harder. This man never had to worry about money his entire life and was handed every job he has ever had. Its despicable and I'm no Liberal/Democrat.

There are those that could work harder in this country but so many of us work too much for not enough. Corporations are profiting hand over fist by getting free overtime and its disgusting.
    I generally agree, but what President (-ial candidate) wouldn't be speaking rather hypocritically when using similar language? Even Senators probably make at least double what the average American worker does.

Gwinnett Bound
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    199 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post

! ... ?

This guy comes from a family who has completely exploited our country while raping and pillaging other countries for their own personal wealth. You're really on board with him telling us that we need to work harder? This isn't your dad telling you that hard work = success. This is basically your slave owner telling you that 8+ hours a day is not enough.

Unemployment doesn't exist because people are lazy. It's because a ton of the good jobs have been sent overseas and they left us with minimum wage service work. People are foaming at the mouth to land real middle class paying jobs. Which is why there are thousands of applicants and insane competition for what used to be considered your average run of the mill American job.

People like Jeb Bush want you to get into six figure debt to go to school. Then they want you to get out of school and work thousands and thousands of hours for free as an "intern". Then they want you to start at some menial $12/hr salary and just be happy that you're allowed to work to make someone else money. Then they say that you're still not working hard enough and you need to work more hours so you can jump start the economy. An economy that is designed to funnel the majority of your money and time spent into the pockets of him and his buddies.

20. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ESP47 For This Useful Post:

AerchAngel (07-09-2015), goldfly (07-09-2015), jpx7 (07-09-2015), Julio3000 (07-09-2015), Prikichi (08-12-2015), thethe (07-09-2015)

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,756 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post

Reminds me of all these candidates who espouse how badly we need to send our kids to war...

while never serving themselves.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    Reminds me of all these candidates who espouse how badly we need to send our kids to war...

while never serving themselves.
    Can't disagree.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ESP47 View Post
    This guy comes from a family who has completely exploited our country while raping and pillaging other countries for their own personal wealth. You're really on board with him telling us that we need to work harder? This isn't your dad telling you that hard work = success. This is basically your slave owner telling you that 8+ hours a day is not enough.

Unemployment doesn't exist because people are lazy. It's because a ton of the good jobs have been sent overseas and they left us with minimum wage service work. People are foaming at the mouth to land real middle class paying jobs. Which is why there are thousands of applicants and insane competition for what used to be considered your average run of the mill American job.

People like Jeb Bush want you to get into six figure debt to go to school. Then they want you to get out of school and work thousands and thousands of hours for free as an "intern". Then they want you to start at some menial $12/hr salary and just be happy that you're allowed to work to make someone else money. Then they say that you're still not working hard enough and you need to work more hours so you can jump start the economy. An economy that is designed to funnel the majority of your money and time spent into the pockets of him and his buddies.
    Nailed it. Its a joke what a "good" job has become.

I can't even begin to describe how many hours of free work I've given to my company.
    Last edited by thethe; 07-09-2015 at 09:29 AM.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    my favorite are the people that think this way and then also claim to be the most patriotic and love this country the most

yet, they line their own pockets while destroying the country by shipping jobs overseas etc. imo, that shows no patriotism or love for this country to destroy it from the inside for your own personal greed.

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,756 Posts
    Shipping jobs overseas could be avoided if we restructured our corporate tax rates to be competitive with the rest of the world (they are the highest)... or got rid of silly minimum wage

26. The Following User Says Thank You to sturg33 For This Useful Post:

acesfull86 (07-09-2015)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    Shipping jobs overseas could be avoided if we restructured our corporate tax rates to be competitive with the rest of the world (they are the highest)... or got rid of silly minimum wage
    Jobs are sent overseas in order to take advantage of workers earning 10 dollars per day. Lets be real here Sturg.
    Natural Immunity Croc