Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 7/13/2015 MONDAY MINORS THREAD ... M-Braves red-hot (and hitting!)

Where's My Cup of Coffee?
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    220 Posts
    Wait, is that the same Outman that we signed in the spring? Why is he pitching in GCL? Rehab?

Swallowed by Mark Bowman
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,279 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerfherders View Post
    Wait, is that the same Outman that we signed in the spring? Why is he pitching in GCL? Rehab?
    Yeah. We tried to make him go to rehab, and he said, "Sure, sure, sure."

Atlanta Braves Fan
    Wash Nationals Fan
    Bryce Harper Fanatic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    874 Posts
    Kiley McDaniel quotes on Braves prospects:

If you could compare Ozhaino Albies to one current player right now who would it be? Jose Altuve?

Eh that's kinda forcing it, but that might be the best one that's out there, given the size and bat control. In Albies report (linked to on his FG page), I mention Furcal and Lindor. Albies having plus speed, D and arm alone makes him pretty different than Altuve. Albies is really unique.

Have your long-term impressions of Tyrell Jenkins changed at all?

Have been told by a few scouts that the stuff have been about average this year, so probably down a bit but not considerably so. Should see him soon now that he's at the affiliate closest to my house.

Connor Lien is a player that had 5-tool potential out of high school but took him a while to put together. Do you know anything about him?

Big tools, was on the same HS team with Walker Weickel, Jesse Winker and Nick Gordon. As long as Lien is performing, he's a guy.

Braves DSL OF Randy Ventura is putting up great numbers. Is he a legit prospect?

80 runner, CF fit, lots of contact. Nice low bonus find by the Braves, will obviously have to prove it at higher levels, but has a carrying tool already.
    "Yes, I did think Aldrich was good UNTIL I SAW HIM PLAY. "- thethe

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gilesfan View Post
    Kiley McDaniel quotes on Braves prospects:

If you could compare Ozhaino Albies to one current player right now who would it be? Jose Altuve?

Eh that's kinda forcing it, but that might be the best one that's out there, given the size and bat control. In Albies report (linked to on his FG page), I mention Furcal and Lindor. Albies having plus speed, D and arm alone makes him pretty different than Altuve. Albies is really unique.

Have your long-term impressions of Tyrell Jenkins changed at all?

Have been told by a few scouts that the stuff have been about average this year, so probably down a bit but not considerably so. Should see him soon now that he's at the affiliate closest to my house.

Connor Lien is a player that had 5-tool potential out of high school but took him a while to put together. Do you know anything about him?

Big tools, was on the same HS team with Walker Weickel, Jesse Winker and Nick Gordon. As long as Lien is performing, he's a guy.

Braves DSL OF Randy Ventura is putting up great numbers. Is he a legit prospect?

80 runner, CF fit, lots of contact. Nice low bonus find by the Braves, will obviously have to prove it at higher levels, but has a carrying tool already.
    Seems like Jenkins (until\if he finds a strikeout pitch) will be capped as long relief or the like. Would probably include him in a deal if it came down to it.
    Last edited by Tapate50; 07-14-2015 at 12:48 PM.
    Ivermectin Man

NL Rookie of the Year
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    517 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tapate50 View Post
    Seems like Jenkins (until\if he finds a strikeout pitch) will be capped as long relief or the like. Would probably include him in a deal if it came down to it.
    While that may be an option, I totally disagree with the notion that his stuff has looked average. I'd say inconsistent more than anything. I've only seen him twice. One good. One bad. I expected to see the ST guy that the Braves gushed over. He didn't disappoint in the good game....command and velocity were just ok in the second. Folty get a lot of love and from a pure stuff standpoint, I get it. But Tyrell is not an also ran. (Yes..if the right deal came along though).