Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Chattanooga Shootings

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    You remind me so much of the stuff I see on Facebook
    It must kill yiu to know you are wrong when this was one of your biggest issue.

We are in a different time. It's going to be a long battle but will escalate in the near future. As a population I would advise to arm ourselves for our own security.
    Natural Immunity Croc

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,790 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post

We are in a different time. It's going to be a long battle but will escalate in the near future. As a population I would advise to arm ourselves for our own security.
    LOL it kills me!

I just gotta get this straight.

We have dozens of shootings in our country and those aren't of concern (relatively speaking)... but we have a muslim shooting and NOW it's an issue. Now we must prepare for end times, and prepare to get our heads chopped off.

Got it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    LOL it kills me!

I just gotta get this straight.

We have dozens of shootings in our country and those aren't of concern (relatively speaking)... but we have a muslim shooting and NOW it's an issue. Now we must prepare for end times, and prepare to get our heads chopped off.

Got it
    Yes, because theSe are organized and not one offs done by crazy people. I'm amazed that you refuse to acknowledge the difference. The ties to Islam mean nothing to you? How can you say that with a clear conscious?
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,790 Posts
    Yes, because theSe are organized and not one offs done by crazy people. I'm amazed that you refuse to acknowledge the difference. The ties to Islam mean nothing to you? How can you say that with a clear conscious?
    I think it's a crazy islamic guy who went nuts and will burn in hell for it.

I assure you though, for every one 1 they kill, we will kill 1,000... Don't worry about us losing the killing battle. They are monsters for their killing so we will kill much more of them

Connoisseur of Minors zitothebrave's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    Stockholm, more densely populated than NYC - sturg

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    I think it's a crazy islamic guy who went nuts and will burn in hell for it.

I assure you though, for every one 1 they kill, we will kill 1,000... Don't worry about us losing the killing battle. They are monsters for their killing so we will kill much more of them
    Yeah, he had no contact with any Islamic terrorist groups. He woke up one day and decided to shoot marines at two handpicked locations. Incredible.

This has been a battle for centuries. The weapons are just more advanced. I'm glad we have historically been on the offensive we cannot waiver because they certainly will not.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,790 Posts
    Yeah, he had no contact with any Islamic terrorist groups. He woke up one day and decided to shoot marines at two handpicked locations. Incredible.

This has been a battle for centuries. The weapons are just more advanced. I'm glad we have historically been on the offensive we cannot waiver because they certainly will not.
    Agreed - we should nuke the entire middle east.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Agreed - we should nuke the entire middle east.
    That's exactly what I said.

It's comforting to know that you know you've been wrong and sadly will continue to be wrong in the future.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,790 Posts
    That's exactly what I said.

It's comforting to know that you know you've been wrong and sadly will continue to be wrong in the future.
    I don't see why you wouldn't advocate for it. You just said you're happy about our offensive strategies, which have killed millions over the last few decades. Why not just wipe him out?

It's comforting to you? what is wrong with you?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Yes, it's comforting to me because I know you know you're wrong.

Nothing else about this tragedy or the current situation we are in is comforting. But at some point you'll look in the mirror and admit to yourself how wrong you were.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,790 Posts
    Yes, it's comforting to me because I know you know you're wrong.

Nothing else about this tragedy or the current situation we are in is comforting. But at some point you'll look in the mirror and admit to yourself how wrong you were.
    It's funny. We've been doing policies that you advocate for many years and the problem has gotten worse.

And I'm wrong for wanting to try a different approach.

Oh to be in your head, man

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    It's funny. We've been doing policies that you advocate for many years and the problem has gotten worse.

And I'm wrong for wanting to try a different approach.

Oh to be in your head, man
    Because for some reason you do not 7nderstand just how crazy these people are and what there ultimate goals are. The problem has gotten worse because states like Iran and others fuND these groups. The weapons have gotten more sophisticated and the terrorists are brilliant tactician that use weapons such as the Internet to spread their influence.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,790 Posts
    Because for some reason you do not 7nderstand just how crazy these people are and what there ultimate goals are. The problem has gotten worse because states like Iran and others fuND these groups. The weapons have gotten more sophisticated and the terrorists are brilliant tactician that use weapons such as the Internet to spread their influence.
    Or the problems have gotten worse because the US funds them...

It just seems to keep backfiring!

Hey - I saw recently that al queda and ISIS declared war on each other. Wonder which one we will choose to support in this one

Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,446 Posts
    @Reuters: BREAKING: #Chattanooga shooting suspect possibly made multiple trips to Middle East: U.S. source familiar with investigation

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    @Reuters: BREAKING: #Chattanooga shooting suspect possibly made multiple trips to Middle East: U.S. source familiar with investigation
    Nothing to see here. Just a random shooting.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Arizona Fall Leaguer
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts
    Some of you sound shocked that the shooter wasn't a Confederate Battle Flag waving, white, Southern Baptist. Fairly sorry that a Marine with 2 purple hearts, who survived combat in some of worst armpits of the world is gunned down in his own country by this Muslim! How could this happen? Maybe because in that war zone the soldier was actually able to carry his weapon.

What could possibly be the reason behind the DOD policy of no weapons in recruiting offices or on bases?

Sad state of affairs when a Marine is reduced to calling the police. Pitiful.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,790 Posts
    i agree with that if true. Marine should be allowed to carry his weapon

Connoisseur of Minors zitothebrave's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    i agree with that if true. Marine should be allowed to carry his weapon
    Nothing bad ever happened cause of a Marine having a gun on US Soil

Or one of my favorite movie exchanges ever

HARTMAN: Do any of you people know who Charles Whitman was? None of you dumbasses knows? Private Cowboy?
    COWBOY: Sir, he was that guy who shot all those people from that tower in Austin, Texas, sir!

HARTMAN: That's affirmative. Charles Whitman killed twelve people from a twenty-eight-storey observation tower at the University of Texas from distances up to four hundred yards. Anybody know who Lee Harvey Oswald was? Private Snowball?

SNOWBALL: Sir, he shot Kennedy, sir!

HARTMAN: That's right, and do you know how far away he was?

SNOWBALL: Sir, it was pretty far! From that book suppository building, sir!

HARTMAN: All right, knock it off! Two hundred and fifty feet! He was two hundred and fifty feet away and shooting at a moving target. Oswald got off three rounds with an old Italian bolt action rifle in only six seconds and scored two hits, including a head shot! Do any of you people know where these individuals learned to shoot? Private Joker?

JOKER: Sir, in the Marines, sir!

HARTMAN: In the Marines! Outstanding! Those individuals showed what one motivated marine and his rifle can do! And before you ladies leave my island, you will be able to do the same thing!
    Stockholm, more densely populated than NYC - sturg

A Chip Off the Old Rock Julio3000's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts

This may be a sideline discussion, but this reminds me of a conversation I had frequently after 9/11/01. There was an extreme climate of fear pervading the country, and it was being stoked by the top echelons of government. Our attitude towards civil rights and privacy were becoming dangerously elastic. Public spaces were feeling more like bunkers. We were told that our putative enemies hated us because of our freedoms, and yet we seemed willing to give up our freedom—not just in the concrete, Patriot Act sense, but in our very ability to live normally and free from irrational fear. If "they hate us because of our freedoms" and "they" use terror as a tactic to effect their ends, then isn't living in fear just giving them a moral, if not a concrete, victory?

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Julio3000 For This Useful Post:

sturg33 (07-17-2015), zitothebrave (07-17-2015)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,790 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Julio3000 View Post
    This may be a sideline discussion, but this reminds me of a conversation I had frequently after 9/11/01. There was an extreme climate of fear pervading the country, and it was being stoked by the top echelons of government. Our attitude towards civil rights and privacy were becoming dangerously elastic. Public spaces were feeling more like bunkers. We were told that our putative enemies hated us because of our freedoms, and yet we seemed willing to give up our freedom—not just in the concrete, Patriot Act sense, but in our very ability to live normally and free from irrational fear. If "they hate us because of our freedoms" and "they" use terror as a tactic to effect their ends, then isn't living in fear just giving them a moral, if not a concrete, victory?
    why bother? thethe is hysterical