Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: It is a mistake to let the Scout forum die

Called Up to the Major Leagues
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    153 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jpx7 View Post
    To be fair, I think most long-time posters have a join-date around that time, because that's when one of the previous great migrations occurred (in this case, I believe, it was from fanhome to scout). For instance, mine is 10/21/2002.

Spoiler: 
    I'm surprised it took me nine whole days to register my PatioDaddio alias.
    I remember a sort of conflict with you some years ago when you and Maddux Ii were very active. I took exception to your use of retarded in numerous posts. See if you recall the circumstances. BTW I havent seen it from you since and I sincerely appreciate it.

Making Atlanta Great Again!
    #MAGA!

Promises MADE, Promises KEPT!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,761 Posts
    So PawPaw, I'm curious why you decided to make this thread. Do you really believe that things will change there and that this FoxSports1 is going to change things for the better?
    Forever Fredi

Very Flirtatious, but Doubts What Love Is. jpx7's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,831 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PawPawMaxwell View Post
    I remember a sort of conflict with you some years ago when you and Maddux Ii were very active. I took exception to your use of retarded in numerous posts. See if you recall the circumstances. BTW I havent seen it from you since and I sincerely appreciate it.
    That was prior to the scout transition, back on the fanhome board, if I recall correctly; and I was all of fourteen years-old at the time, so I was unsurprisingly less considerate with my diction then. But yes: I do remember that series of comments, and I'd call it less of a "conflict" than an adolescent failing to choose his words intentionally and carefully enough.
    "For all his tattooings he was on the whole a clean, comely looking cannibal."

Playing the Waiting Game Bdawg2309's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    86 Posts
    they won't even accept new members. i've tried 3 times and been denied.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    153 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyStark View Post
    So PawPaw, I'm curious why you decided to make this thread. Do you really believe that things will change there and that this FoxSports1 is going to change things for the better?
    Absolutely no subtrefuge on my part. Biggest reason: I kinda think Foxsports may be a good thing and if they fire up a premium board like ESPN surely SHanks will not be involved. It would not be a good thing IMO if all the great posters on this forum let things die to where it would take a long time to recover. I have no idea if you folks have plans for a premium board. I never joined the premium side of Scout purely because of Shanks and his arroganceand I didnt have the angst with him that some of you all did. At the same time Patio never has conflicted with me so I dont have the history that you folks do.

#MAGA!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,761 Posts
    Absolutely no subtrefuge on my part. Biggest reason: I kinda think Foxsports may be a good thing and if they fire up a premium board like ESPN surely SHanks will not be involved. It would not be a good thing IMO if all the great posters on this forum let things die to where it would take a long time to recover. I have no idea if you folks have plans for a premium board. I never joined the premium side of Scout purely because of Shanks and his arroganceand I didnt have the angst with him that some of you all did. At the same time Patio never has conflicted with me so I dont have the history that you folks do.
    No premium board here. No reason to. Beyond an elitist ideal.

I never understood why Bill had a premium board to begin with, so he could have the pleasure of being strictly posting in that particular forum? What was the point of having separate GDT's in two different forums. Just moderate the first one and it'll be ok.

I actually liked Bill at first, then his ego and arrogance became so inflated and huge and getting out of control with this makeup thing.
    Forever Fredi

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,122 Posts
    Why the hell would anyone go back over there. This site is better. Everyone is here. Have fun with the 1-page GDT there. We're pretty happy here. And we don't have a psycho like patio power tripping. Good look, though.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to yeezus For This Useful Post:

Krovahn (08-05-2013)

#MAGA!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,761 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by yeezus View Post
    Why the hell would anyone go back over there. This site is better. Everyone is here. Have fun with the 1-page GDT there. We're pretty happy here. And we don't have a psycho like patio power tripping. Good look, though.
    Or do you....?

Forever Fredi

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to The Chosen One For This Useful Post:

Dalyn (08-05-2013), jpx7 (08-05-2013), Mrs. Meta (08-05-2013)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,122 Posts
    That was prior to the scout transition, back on the fanhome board, if I recall correctly; and I was all of fourteen years-old at the time, so I was unsurprisingly less considerate with my diction then. But yes: I do remember that series of comments, and I'd call it less of a "conflict" than an adolescent failing to choose his words intentionally and carefully enough.
    Forever petty minds stay petty.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,122 Posts
    Or do you....?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,408 Posts
    Foxsports could be a good thing. This place already is.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Dalyn For This Useful Post:

Mrs. Meta (08-05-2013)

Playing the Waiting Game Krovahn's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    103 Posts
    All I have to say is, why would anyone want to go back there, or even begin to post there? They won't. Even if somehow, miraculously some bloggers, writers, scouts, etc. found their way to the scout site... they won't stay. That forum is dead now. It is poorly run and its demise is solely due to those in charge of it; they ran it into the ground.

There is no reason for anyone to want to go back to that place and any people whom randomly stumble upon that forum will likely quickly leave as soon as they discover the inactivity, the attitude of those in power and just how terrible of a place it has become.

On top of that, the posters whom actually provided good discussion, are friendly, fairly knowledgeable and just good to talk baseball with are already here... so, yeah; no point in even starting this thread, IMO.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Krovahn For This Useful Post:

Dalyn (08-05-2013), Mrs. Meta (08-05-2013)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,522 Posts
    I don't even see how that was relevant to begin with.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CyYoung31 For This Useful Post:

Dalyn (08-05-2013), yeezus (08-05-2013)

#MAGA!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,761 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Krovahn View Post

On top of that, the posters whom actually provided good discussion, are friendly, fairly knowledgeable and just good to talk baseball with are already here... so, yeah; no point in even starting this thread, IMO.
    Except Zito.
    Forever Fredi

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The Chosen One For This Useful Post:

Krovahn (08-05-2013), Mrs. Meta (08-05-2013)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    153 Posts
    No premium board here. No reason to. Beyond an elitist ideal.

I never understood why Bill had a premium board to begin with, so he could have the pleasure of being strictly posting in that particular forum? What was the point of having separate GDT's in two different forums. Just moderate the first one and it'll be ok.

I actually liked Bill at first, then his ego and arrogance became so inflated and huge and getting out of control with this makeup thing.
    There was a period there when IIRC Shanks lost his radio show or newspaper gig or something involved with income, Maybe it was his book not selling, but I said something about his vanilla info on the Braves and he called me out for interfering with his livelihood.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,408 Posts
    The title of this thread is misleading, by the way.

Playing the Waiting Game Krovahn's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    103 Posts
    Except Zito.
    I lol'd; sorry, Zito.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    153 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CyYoung31 View Post
    I don't even see how that was relevant to begin with.
    Maybe we are just constructed differently Cy,. it happens that I lost a 14 year old son who was a special needs child. Some had said he was retarded. now if that is too hard for you to grasp Im sorry for your shortcomings.

Im thru with this thread Sorry I started it in good faith.

#MAGA!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,761 Posts
    Get to close my first ever thread... yay.
    Forever Fredi

Not Actually Brian Hunter Metaphysicist's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    878 Posts
    That is my point. Do you think he is really Brian Kinney?
    I think Zito is as likely to be Brian Kenny as Brian Kenny is to be a poster on braves.scout.com.