if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    Trump and his fascist ways were funny a few months ago

it isn't anymore

it's honestly how sad this country is now imo

i say that cause his stances that should be insane to any sane person is embraced by the republican base and his support grows with each insane thing he spouts and gives legitimacy to the attacks on people in this country cause they aren't like what trump says cause he doesn't denounce them (cause you know, PC and whatever bull**** they are saying now)

8 years of hating the black man that was really just a moderate republican for the most part has bread this insane group of ****boys
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

Very Flirtatious, but Doubts What Love Is. jpx7's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,831 Posts
    I'm starting to think Trump might actually bring the sane parts of this country together—even across ideological divides. I'm positing this, largely, because I have to say that Rand Paul and Marco Rubio—even though I strongly disagree with them on several policy fronts—seemed at least like sane ****ing human beings sharing the stage with Donald Trump (and, to a lesser extent Carson and Cruz—who are definitely out on the insane vanguard).

(Meanwhile, Fiorina and Christie seemed too fringey and bellicose, while Bush and Kasich just seem confused out there.)

I'm not saying I'd rush out to vote for Paul or Rubio in the general, but they at least seem ideologically consistent, present real arguments, and aren't total caricatures. I wouldn't loathe watching either individual debate Bernie Sanders, because I think we might seem actual ideas debated—which would be refreshing, even if I personally prefer one of those sets of ideas.
    Last edited by jpx7; 12-16-2015 at 09:14 PM.
    "For all his tattooings he was on the whole a clean, comely looking cannibal."

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jpx7 For This Useful Post:

acesfull86 (12-17-2015), BedellBrave (12-17-2015)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,739 Posts
    I am starting to think this democracy thing was a mistake. I think we should choose our president with an 8 man one night old school UFC tournament.
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jpx7 View Post
    I'm starting to think Trump might actually bring the sane parts of this country together—even across ideological divides.
    It sure looks like he's going to split the GOP in two.

Hessmania Forever
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,965 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jpx7 View Post
    I'm starting to think Trump might actually bring the sane parts of this country together—even across ideological divides. I'm positing this, largely, because I have to say that Rand Paul and Marco Rubio—even though I strongly disagree with them on several policy fronts—seemed at least like sane ****ing human beings sharing the stage with Donald Trump (and, to a lesser extent Carson and Cruz—who are definitely out on the insane vanguard).

(Meanwhile, Fiorina and Christie seemed too fringey and bellicose, while Bush and Kasich just seem confused out there.)

I'm not saying I'd rush out to vote for Paul or Rubio in the general, but they at least seem ideologically consistent, present real arguments, and aren't total caricatures. I wouldn't loathe watching either individual debate Bernie Sanders, because I think we might seem actual ideas debated—which would be refreshing, even if I personally prefer one of those sets of ideas.
    It's almost counter-intuitive, but you could be right. I don't watch the debates. They almost always give me my Fred G. Sanford "Elizabeth, I'm coming to join you!" reaction. But it seems everyone was using their inside voices the other night and when most people use their inside voices, they seem sane. One can disagree with the content of the ideas presented, but it's always productive when they are discussed without a lot of venom and personal attacks. All I know is Jeb Bush has to be bemoaning his inability to knock Trump off stride. Jeb's a reasonable guy who Trump has managed to twist into a pretzel.

Connoisseur of Minors zitothebrave's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    Stockholm, more densely populated than NYC - sturg

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,708 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Runnin View Post
    It sure looks like he's going to split the GOP in two.
    And that's good. It's healthy. Better than what the democrats are doing by trying their best to hand the nomination to who they think is best for you.
    thank you weso1!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,739 Posts
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by weso1 View Post
    And that's good. It's healthy. Better than what the democrats are doing by trying their best to hand the nomination to who they think is best for you.
    I have no idea what you are talking about. Hillary finished 2nd 8 years ago, when most people expected her to win, and has since been Sec. of State while shoring up her support and finances for another run. It makes perfect sense for her to be sitting in the cat bird seat for 2016. Bernie is doing everything he can to give her some competition.

Republicans are against the idea of her just like they were/are against the idea of a President Obama, but a Democrat in the White House is good for America business. I think Wall Street would much prefer Hillary over Trump and Hillary over Bernie.

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,788 Posts
    I have no idea what you are talking about. Hillary finished 2nd 8 years ago, when most people expected her to win, and has since been Sec. of State while shoring up her support and finances for another run. It makes perfect sense for her to be sitting in the cat bird seat for 2016. Bernie is doing everything he can to give her some competition.

Republicans are against the idea of her just like they were/are against the idea of a President Obama, but a Democrat in the White House is good for America business. I think Wall Street would much prefer Hillary over Trump and Hillary over Bernie.
    Of course they would... more government spending is good for short term economics... but long term it is disasterous

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,066 Posts

Limit the number of debates. Put them at times when viewership will be at a minimum. Then Bernie doesn't press her on the server issue - just drops that line of attack altogether. Stupid move. Old Joe didn't enter the race, etc. Weso's point is obvious. The Dem machine is doing everything it can to coronate her. Much like the R machine was trying to give it to Bush.

Yes she lost last time around. Obama ran a fantastic campaign and put the party elites initially in an awkward position - but they soon fell in love with their new "clean and articulate," shiny toy. Now the party big wigs feel they owe it to Hillary since they jilted her last time. It's her due.

In that aspect she joins a line of loser candidates - McCain, Kerry, and Dole. Hopefully she'll be as successful as they were.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,066 Posts
    Then the DNC goes and does this - link. Yep, the fix is on. There will be no real competition. Big money fears they have too much to lose.

If it ends up (and I pray it doesn't) a Clinton vs. Trump choice, then you vote for the Banks if you vote for her and you vote for an Arsehole if you vote for him.

If you really want anti-establishment (against the de facto plutocracy) then you want Bernie, Paul, or Cruz. Can't see any of the other candidates as being anything else but various shades of the same thing, no matter their rhetoric.
    Last edited by BedellBrave; 12-18-2015 at 11:49 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BedellBrave View Post
    Then the DNC goes and does this - link. Yep, the fix is on. There will be no real competition. Big money fears they have too much to lose.

If it ends up (and I pray it doesn't) a Clinton vs. Trump choice, then you vote for the Banks if you vote for her and you vote for an Arsehole if you vote for him.

If you really want anti-establishment (against the de facto plutocracy) then you want Bernie, Paul, or Cruz. Can't see any of the other candidates as being anything else but various shades of the same thing, no matter their rhetoric.
    Michael Grunwald ‏@MikeGrunwald 3h3 hours ago

Looking forward to the next Democratic debate in Sitka, Alaska, at 2:43 a.m. on Christmas Day, airing on the Discovery Channel.
    37 retweets 39 likes
    The best way to stop a bad guy with a gun is to make sure he doesn’t get a gun.

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 57Brave For This Useful Post:

BedellBrave (12-18-2015), Garmel (12-18-2015), jpx7 (12-18-2015)

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,066 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 57Brave View Post
    Michael Grunwald ‏@MikeGrunwald 3h3 hours ago

Looking forward to the next Democratic debate in Sitka, Alaska, at 2:43 a.m. on Christmas Day, airing on the Discovery Channel.
    37 retweets 39 likes

Now that's funny! I don't care who you are.

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BedellBrave For This Useful Post:

Garmel (12-18-2015), jpx7 (12-18-2015), Oklahomahawk (12-18-2015)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts

I'm also 100% sure that site purposely let the firewall down. Seriously it's sad to see the DNC stoop this low.

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to zitothebrave For This Useful Post:

BedellBrave (12-18-2015), Hawk (12-19-2015), jpx7 (12-18-2015)

A Chip Off the Old Rock Julio3000's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts

You're gonna need to tell me what exactly you consider the plutocracy to be if you think Ted Cruz is against it.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Julio3000 For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (12-18-2015)

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,066 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Julio3000 View Post
    You're gonna need to tell me what exactly you consider the plutocracy to be if you think Ted Cruz is against it.

You may be right. But establishment politicians across the board hate him. Maybe that's because he's an arse. Or...

Btw, I am no Cruz supporter. I'm also not necessarily anti-establishment. I am anti-Hillary though.

Very Flirtatious, but Doubts What Love Is. jpx7's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,831 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Julio3000 View Post
    You beat me to it. Sanders and Paul, sure: they're pretty easily construed as anti-oligarchy, in their various shades.

But Cruz? I'd really like someone who's more well-versed in his policy propositions to explain to me how he's that much different from Trump. Judging by the previous debate, his hair's a lot more real, and his bellicosity is a bit less strident; but other than that?
    "For all his tattooings he was on the whole a clean, comely looking cannibal."

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,066 Posts
    If the Republican establishment is in the pockets of a Big-business plutocracy and that establishment hates him with a passion (which by all accounts they do) then...?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    If the Republican establishment is in the pockets of a Big-business plutocracy and that establishment hates him with a passion (which by all accounts they do) then...?
    I don't think the establishment hatesCruz. In fact I think he's the tea party favorite