Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 57Brave View Post
    Annie Linskey Verified account
    ‏@AnnieLinskey

"She's pretty close to unhinged" -- Trump says about HRC.
    //
    I have to disagree on this one, it's obvious that Trump is unhinged a lot of the time, but to me Hilldog seems "a bit too hinged", too cold and calculating in getting what she wants regardless of the consequences or the effect it has on others. Just my opinion.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    " the effect it has on others "

as Sec of State she had an approval rating of over 65 %

what changed ?
    The best way to stop a bad guy with a gun is to make sure he doesn’t get a gun.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Oklahomahawk View Post
    I have to disagree on this one, it's obvious that Trump is unhinged a lot of the time, but to me Hilldog seems "a bit too hinged", too cold and calculating in getting what she wants regardless of the consequences or the effect it has on others. Just my opinion.
    This isn't to defend Hillary but to perhaps get to something real about her. Don't you think that by continually calling her that horrible name, besides it being rude and uncivil (perhaps no biggie around here), you reveal your own prejudice and even misogyny? And how much of the way Hillary "seems" to you is based on that prejudice? Why should anyone care how she "seems" to you or anybody else??? She's got over 30 years of actual actions and comments in public life to draw upon. Shouldn't we all be more concerned with her substance than with her frilly exterior or lack thereof?

It's hard to take serious comment that are prefaced with unnecessary and irrelevant personal insults. That's just my opinion.
    Last edited by Runnin; 08-05-2016 at 08:52 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    Trump did 2 amazing things today that probably injured him to his soul. He admitted his was wrong about the money plane video and he endorsed Paul Ryan. It's like pulling teeth to get him to do a sensible thing.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,708 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Runnin View Post
    Trump did 2 amazing things today that probably injured him to his soul. He admitted his was wrong about the money plane video and he endorsed Paul Ryan. It's like pulling teeth to get him to do a sensible thing.
    If he did a complete mae culpa and ran an actual presidential campaign from here on out he'd probably win. Also, Braves technically still have a chance to make the playoffs.
    thank you weso1!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to weso1 For This Useful Post:

Metaphysicist (08-07-2016)

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    This isn't to defend Hillary but to perhaps get to something real about her. Don't you think that by continually calling her that horrible name, besides it being rude and uncivil (perhaps no biggie around here), you reveal your own prejudice and even misogyny? And how much of the way Hillary "seems" to you is based on that prejudice? Why should anyone care how she "seems" to you or anybody else??? She's got over 30 years of actual actions and comments in public life to draw upon. Shouldn't we all be more concerned with her substance than with her frilly exterior or lack thereof?

It's hard to take serious comment that are prefaced with unnecessary and irrelevant personal insults. That's just my opinion.
    Wait, Hilldog is a rude, horrible, uncivil, prejudiced, misogynistic name? Dude, seriously???

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    Wait, Hilldog is a rude, horrible, uncivil, prejudiced, misogynistic name? Dude, seriously???
    R U serious??? Of course calling a person a dog is all those things, but I really don't care about name-calling in general. It's just that it discounts and even disqualifies anything else you have to say about her. Right? Aren't you a teacher?

Is this just more of the ridiculous politically correct BS?

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    R U serious??? Of course calling a person a dog is all those things, but I really don't care about name-calling in general. It's just that it discounts and even disqualifies anything else you have to say about her. Right? Aren't you a teacher?

Is this just more of the ridiculous politically correct BS?
    So, calling her Hilldog (a pet name for her and not implying any female dog comparisons whatsoever) disqualifies any "otherwise legitimate criticisms that I may have about her"??? And you're asking me if I'm serious?!?!?!?

Yes I am a teacher and while I may have my moments of the wandering mind, I do consider myself to have at least a passing degree of proficiency in/with the English language. But hey, you don't have to take my word for it, several of these folks have known me for more than 10 years, you can ask them as to whether or not I can, when the mood strikes me, do more than an adequate job of being "a total out in the open ahole", and on those occasions, and I hope everyone considers them to be rare, it really isn't hard to ascertain my true motives. Calling her Hilldog really doesn't mean anything other than my pet name for her but, whatever, perhaps I"m just too old to take part in political discussions in this new day and time.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Oklahomahawk For This Useful Post:

AerchAngel (08-06-2016), Hawk (08-06-2016), sturg33 (08-06-2016)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    So, calling her Hilldog (a pet name for her and not implying any female dog comparisons whatsoever) disqualifies any "otherwise legitimate criticisms that I may have about her"??? And you're asking me if I'm serious?!?!?!?

Yes I am a teacher and while I may have my moments of the wandering mind, I do consider myself to have at least a passing degree of proficiency in/with the English language. But hey, you don't have to take my word for it, several of these folks have known me for more than 10 years, you can ask them as to whether or not I can, when the mood strikes me, do more than an adequate job of being "a total out in the open ahole", and on those occasions, and I hope everyone considers them to be rare, it really isn't hard to ascertain my true motives. Calling her Hilldog really doesn't mean anything other than my pet name for her but, whatever, perhaps I"m just too old to take part in political discussions in this new day and time.
    Just a pet name? And out of all the thousands of pet names you could've chosen, you chose one that means b!tch and ugly. Very telling.

Look, I know we're just a bunch of somewhat like minded guys and gals shootin' the bull in a somewhat private area and we have to be free to say what we like. Call her what you like but words do color meaning.

I respect your knowledge and experience in any topic that comes up and always looks forward to reading your posts. In the future perhaps you should refer to your pet as The Former Secretary Clinton, at least until next January, and after that either Madam President or Queen of the Light.

Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,446 Posts
    I can't tell if the above post is comedy or not.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Hawk For This Useful Post:

Garmel (08-07-2016)

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    I can't tell if the above post is comedy or not.
    I wish it were comedy, sadly we may all be having to repeat those words in a few months.

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,788 Posts
    LOL @ runnin

Making Atlanta Great Again!
    #MAGA!

Promises MADE, Promises KEPT!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,761 Posts
    Hilldog nickname came from her being a Blue Dog Dem.
    Forever Fredi

Secretary of Statistics AerchAngel's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts
    <sigh>

No comment. What I consider Schillary as is worst you can imagine (starts with a c ends with a t with a un in the middle. The Don is a piece of crap as well and there is no derogatory term I can think of that describe him and that is how bad I view him.

I will be abstaining my vote on both, they are equal in my eyes, utterly HORRIBLE and not good for our country. I place brevity, integrity more than anything else and neither one has 1% of it. Obama I can deal with because he didn't lie. He promise this and this and not fulfill it but he was not corrupt in getting his nomination through shenanigans.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,739 Posts
    Dont abstain, vote for Gary Johnson. Even if you dont believe in the Libertarian party, I think we can all agree we would all be better off if they replaced the Republican party as a major party.
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.

Not Actually Brian Hunter Metaphysicist's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    878 Posts
    I don't agree with that. The libertarian party with actual power would be awful.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,739 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Metaphysicist View Post
    I don't agree with that. The libertarian party with actual power would be awful.
    Why do you hate freedom?
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.

Not Actually Brian Hunter Metaphysicist's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    878 Posts
    Freedom isn't free. It costs folks like you and me.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Metaphysicist For This Useful Post:

goldfly (01-08-2021)

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Metaphysicist View Post
    Freedom isn't free. It costs folks like you and me.
    Ah, that movie, and it's quotes, never gets old!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Michael Cohen ‏@speechboy71 10m10 minutes ago

So the GOP nominee just said the reason America has crumbling infrastructure is cuz we're spending too much $ on refugees .. I give up
    The best way to stop a bad guy with a gun is to make sure he doesn’t get a gun.