Thread: Cosbinton

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,066 Posts

Cosbinton

Having fun with Camille: link.

How Bill Clinton is like Bill Cosby. Go.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to BedellBrave For This Useful Post:

Runnin (07-28-2015)

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,788 Posts
    Right or wrong, that's been one of Rand's biggest attacks on Deomocratic supporters today... how they have turned a blind eye to Bill as a serial woman abuser

Secretary of Statistics AerchAngel's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts
    He is dead to me.

I paraded him around as a black we can look up to for responsibilities as a good black man/husband with good virtues to keep us from violence.

Even though he does what he preached, but the evils he committed on women is FAR FAR worse. A piece of siht.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    ...they have turned a blind eye to Bill as a serial woman abuser
    What woman says Clinton abused her?

Coz has Clinton beat hands down in sheer numbers and evil. While using fame and power to prey
    on weak, powerless women may have been the M.O. for both, what the Coz has done is far more diabolical imo.

I don't blame Clinton for lying about Lewinsky. He had no choice.

Connoisseur of Minors zitothebrave's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    Until Clinton rapes and drugs women, they're not comparable
    Stockholm, more densely populated than NYC - sturg

7. The Following User Says Thank You to zitothebrave For This Useful Post:

mossy (07-29-2015)

Hessmania Forever
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,965 Posts
    I always get dizzy reading Camille Paglia. One second I'm nodding my head vigorously in agreement with what she's written and five seconds later (often in the same paragraph), I'm shaking my head violently in disagreement. She's provocative and one of the deepest thinkers around. I don't share her pessimism, but she always makes her points.

As for the Coz/Clinton comparison, I see some parallels and I agree with Paglia that their misbehavior stems from some common psychological problems. As a Democrat, it did bother me that so many on my side of the aisle weren't more appalled by Clinton's behavior, but when you line up his most prominent accusers and see their litany of similar misbehavior, there were more pots and kettles than the backroom at Williams and Sonoma. Plus, I'd seen similar misbehavior at a lower level working around a legislature, so I was a bit inured to sexual shenanigans featuring men (and sometimes women) in power. Still no excuse for it.

In the long run, I doesn't do much to Hillary's chances one way or the other.

As for Cosby, I'm surprised he hasn't claimed he was merely playing Buck-Buck with these women and was just waiting for Fat Albert to join the game.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to 50PoundHead For This Useful Post:

Runnin (07-29-2015)

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AerchAngel View Post
    He is dead to me.

I paraded him around as a black we can look up to for responsibilities as a good black man/husband with good virtues to keep us from violence.

Even though he does what he preached, but the evils he committed on women is FAR FAR worse. A piece of siht.
    This is why we need to stop the little Pavlovian response games that both political parties LOVE to use on us and actually judge the value and truth of what is said, rather than disregard it because it doesn't come from a "reliable source" ie one that only ever prints or says positive stuff about our guys and only ever prints/says negative stuff about those on the "other side". As soon as we start down that road it's very difficult to ever make it back.

Lots of things Cosby said about personal responsibility, etc., were true, even if it was a monster who said them. Why do we use what a POS he was/is to make truth non-truth?

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Oklahomahawk For This Useful Post:

AerchAngel (07-29-2015)

Hessmania Forever
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,965 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Oklahomahawk View Post
    This is why we need to stop the little Pavlovian response games that both political parties LOVE to use on us and actually judge the value and truth of what is said, rather than disregard it because it doesn't come from a "reliable source" ie one that only ever prints or says positive stuff about our guys and only ever prints/says negative stuff about those on the "other side". As soon as we start down that road it's very difficult to ever make it back.

Lots of things Cosby said about personal responsibility, etc., were true, even if it was a monster who said them. Why do we use what a POS he was/is to make truth non-truth?
    Good point, but if it's one thing America hates (at least while the issue is on the front burner) is a hypocrite and the black community is probably especially p*ssed about this. Not being black, I will let AA discern the feelings of the members of his community. Cosby earned raves from both white and black America for his rants about education and responsibility and his lack of moral fiber now casts a pall not only on his comments but the comments of others saying similar things because it adds to the cynicism.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 50PoundHead For This Useful Post:

AerchAngel (07-29-2015), BedellBrave (07-30-2015)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 50PoundHead View Post
    Good point, but if it's one thing America hates (at least while the issue is on the front burner) is a hypocrite and the black community is probably especially p*ssed about this. Not being black, I will let AA discern the feelings of the members of his community. Cosby earned raves from both white and black America for his rants about education and responsibility and his lack of moral fiber now casts a pall not only on his comments but the comments of others saying similar things because it adds to the cynicism.
    IF there were a thousand likes, you and Okie would got them from me.

Yes, our community is pissed. He made us all look like a fool.

Going home to Paducah KY tomorrow for the annual family reunion and this subject will be brought up (I told the wife under no circumstances bring up politics).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    It's hard to believe that there isn't some loophole or ambiguous phrase in the law that would allow him to be arrested. Doesn't overwhelming circumstantial evidence account for something? If suspected terrorists can be arrested and detained indefinitely, why can't the same be done with this guy? Of course they can do pretty much anything they want but for some reason aren't, or at least haven't yet. It's a LOT for the American psyche to digest - that a person could be so lovable and upstanding on the outside and be so dark and evil on the inside.

Or maybe the lesson is that it's not that far from one end of the spectrum to the other.

I personally would love to see him standing in a courtroom in front of a judge and his accusers. At this point I don't much care about the process.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Runnin View Post
    It's hard to believe that there isn't some loophole or ambiguous phrase in the law that would allow him to be arrested. Doesn't overwhelming circumstantial evidence account for something? If suspected terrorists can be arrested and detained indefinitely, why can't the same be done with this guy? Of course they can do pretty much anything they want but for some reason aren't, or at least haven't yet. It's a LOT for the American psyche to digest - that a person could be so lovable and upstanding on the outside and be so dark and evil on the inside.

Or maybe the lesson is that it's not that far from one end of the spectrum to the other.

I personally would love to see him standing in a courtroom in front of a judge and his accusers. At this point I don't much care about the process.
    They probably signed affadavits to avoid prosecution. Circumstantial now because of how long ago it was.

But I agree, he should be in prison and getting the business up his pooper shooter.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,066 Posts
    She's so fun to read:

"So have the times and standards changed enough that Clinton would be seen as Cosby, if he was president today?

Oh, yes! There’s absolutely no doubt, especially in this age of instant social media. In most of these cases, like the Bill Clinton and Bill Cosby stories, there’s been a complete neglect of psychology. We’re in a period right now where nobody asks any questions about psychology. No one has any feeling for human motivation. No one talks about sexuality in terms of emotional needs and symbolism and the legacy of childhood. Sexuality has been politicized–“Don’t ask any questions!” “No discussion!” “Gay is exactly equivalent to straight!” And thus in this period of psychological blindness or inertness, our art has become dull. There’s nothing interesting being written–in fiction or plays or movies. Everything is boring because of our failure to ask psychological questions.

So I say there is a big parallel between Bill Cosby and Bill Clinton–aside from their initials! Young feminists need to understand that this abusive behavior by powerful men signifies their sense that female power is much bigger than they are! These two people, Clinton and Cosby, are emotionally infantile–they’re engaged in a war with female power. It has something to do with their early sense of being smothered by female power–and this pathetic, abusive and criminal behavior is the result of their sense of inadequacy..."

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,066 Posts
    "...Now we have people emerging with Ivy League degrees who have no idea how little they know about history or literature. Their minds are shockingly untrained. They’ve been treated as fragile emotional beings throughout their schooling. The situation is worsening year by year, as teachers have to watch what they say and give trigger warnings, because God forbid that American students should have to confront the brutal realities of human life.

Meanwhile, while all of this nursery-school enabling is going on, we have the entire world veering towards ISIS–with barbaric decapitations and gay guys being thrown off roofs and stoned to death. All the harsh realities of human history are erupting, and this young generation is going to be utterly unprepared to deal with it. The nation is eventually going to be endangered by the inability of several generations of young people to make political decisions about a real world that they do not understand. The primitive realities of human life are exploding out there!"

GET OFF MY LAWN!! Ha!