Thread: Farewell to Wood, Peraza, Jimmy Johns, and Avilans.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Prosecutor of the
    International Criminal Court

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    83 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ChapelHillMatt View Post
    Terrible trade. So bad I wouldn't mind if Hart was fired. I mean we are rebuilding right? Why are we trading away prospects? I thought teams that were rebuilding traded for young players.....not players in their 30's. By the time we are good again he will be past his prime. I doubt we will ever be good again however. Gary doesn't seem, he is just randomly making trades. I mean what is the logic here? Do we even have a plan? Doesn't look like it!
    It really is crazy - if you look at the man parts to this deal you would think we were the 1st place team and the Dodgers were building for the future. It seems some people are trying to come up with any way to justify this when the labels are really quite simple. We traded a healthy and productive 24 year old left handed pitcher under control + a top prospect that could either produce for us or have been used in another trade ... and the return is an injury prone 30 year old that has never had a professional at bat? Unless the plan is to sign Price, Grienke, Upton and Heyward, I just don't see how anyone can justify trading a 24 year old and 21 year old asset for someone that is 30 when we are in full rebuild mode. Needing a bat doesn't justify God awful trades. Maybe when we traded every single major league ready asset on our team we should have stopped twice to think maybe we should bring back offense in even one of these moves. Hart got obsessed with having to load up on excessive amounts of pitching and when he finally realized we need some offense he just gets absolutely taken to school. By the time this guy is good for us (if ever) he will already be declining physically. Trading guys like Heyward Upton etc sucked but I understood it - But this one is just unacceptable.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AJonesATL For This Useful Post:

Braves1976 (07-30-2015), NinersSBChamps (07-30-2015)