Thread: We Finance Barbarism

Connoisseur of Minors zitothebrave's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    Show me some data, that's all I ask.

Every liberal including our President lies about the $0.77 number and it's complete bull****. I'm tired of hearing it. Additionally - women get more money in benefits on healthcare than men per dollar spent.

So again - show me some data about all of this unequal treatment.

You can keep calling me names and blah blah... but to make such a factual statement... show me some, you know, facts
    Factual statements have been made, you chose to ignore them.

Women make less money than men, it is one thing. There's also gender inequality in political representation. Representation in media. Hell look at movies, how many movies pair a 24 year old woman with a 40-50 year old man and it works and how many women disappear in their 30s? I could put other examples out there. But if you don't believe it given the massive resources of the internet, nothing I can do will convince you.
    Stockholm, more densely populated than NYC - sturg

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,788 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zitothebrave View Post
    Factual statements have been made, you chose to ignore them.

Women make less money than men, it is one thing. There's also gender inequality in political representation. Representation in media. Hell look at movies, how many movies pair a 24 year old woman with a 40-50 year old man and it works and how many women disappear in their 30s? I could put other examples out there. But if you don't believe it given the massive resources of the internet, nothing I can do will convince you.
    Women only make less than men if you choose to ignore all factual reality of the data. If you really want to do that - be my guest. But you're an idiot and/or a liar if you do. Comparing apples to apples, women make more. That is a fact.

Political representation? Any data to back this up? How many women run for campaigns vs how many men?

Movies? Are you kidding me? That is just a career. That's like saying men are treated unequally in this country because more women are kindergarten teachers.

Again - you've said nothing but pointless talking points and even worse examples. If it is such a fact then show me some damn data

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    Women only make less than men if you choose to ignore all factual reality of the data. If you really want to do that - be my guest. But you're an idiot and/or a liar if you do. Comparing apples to apples, women make more. That is a fact.

Political representation? Any data to back this up? How many women run for campaigns vs how many men?

Movies? Are you kidding me? That is just a career. That's like saying men are treated unequally in this country because more women are kindergarten teachers.

Again - you've said nothing but pointless talking points and even worse examples. If it is such a fact then show me some damn data
    Except comparing apples to apples they don't. It's been proven over and over again.

There's no category except probably the Supreme Court and Cabinet where women represent more than 25% of any office. US House, Senate, State House, Senate, Mayors, so on so forth. Plenty of women run, it's impossible to not see the issue.

Media representation is an issue. Seriously, if you dont' think media representation doesn't come into play on the I guess we'd call it cultural consciousness. How about dad body trend? I could point to more things but I think it's pretty clear that women are objectified in a way that is unequal across genders.Seriously it's thrown infront of you daily. Watch any news broadcast.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,788 Posts
    Except comparing apples to apples they don't. It's been proven over and over again.
    Show me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,788 Posts

There's no category except probably the Supreme Court and Cabinet where women represent more than 25% of any office. US House, Senate, State House, Senate, Mayors, so on so forth. Plenty of women run, it's impossible to not see the issue. Show me how many women run for positions compared to men

Media representation is an issue. Seriously, if you dont' think media representation doesn't come into play on the I guess we'd call it cultural consciousness. How about dad body trend? I could point to more things but I think it's pretty clear that women are objectified in a way that is unequal across genders.Seriously it's thrown infront of you daily. Watch any news broadcast. What exactly are you asking for here? That women and men should be looked upon the same physically? I don't get your complaint. You keep saying just weird things with no data to back them up. Seriously - what is the complain here, show me why it's an issue with some data, and I'll be happy to look at it. But you're going down a very unconvincing road to prove your point. If you don't think there are comparable examples the other way around, then you're a moron.
    ^

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,788 Posts
    And where's my buddy 57 with all these facts??

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    Stung, you haven't shown any facts either yet

Which is odd since you are saying other things are lies
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    keep digging

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,788 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by goldfly View Post
    Stung, you haven't shown any facts either yet

Which is odd since you are saying other things are lies
    Hmmm...

your side is making the claim. I'm asking you to prove it with actual data. Nobody has come to the table.

And I did present facts for the bull**** pay gap lie the left is always touting - facts that you appear to agree with earlier in the thread.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to sturg33 For This Useful Post:

acesfull86 (08-12-2015)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,788 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 57Brave View Post
    keep digging

I love that you are totally clueless on how to respond to such an easy question

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    Hmmm...

your side is making the claim. I'm asking you to prove it with actual data. Nobody has come to the table.

And I did present facts for the bull**** pay gap lie the left is always touting - facts that you appear to agree with earlier in the thread.
    It really sucks you became a troll

You just ignore what is actually typed now

If you know the things being told are lies, it would seem to be very easy for you to discredit them. With or without the other side providing for what you ask (as if anyone here owes you a damn thing)
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,788 Posts
    It really sucks you became a troll

You just ignore what is actually typed now

If you know the things being told are lies, it would seem to be very easy for you to discredit them. With or without the other side providing for what you ask (as if anyone here owes you a damn thing)
    you can't prove a negative. You're saying women are treated unequally. Show me how

The constant claim is the pay gap - and that is complete bull **** and you all know it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,788 Posts
    it's like me saying if we lowered the tax rate to 0% on everyone and every business, our economy would grow 10x more.

You guys would ask me to prove that. And I'd say "lolz you guys are just trolls. Keep digging"

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sturg33 For This Useful Post:

acesfull86 (08-12-2015), weso1 (08-11-2015)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    you can't prove a negative. You're saying women are treated unequally. Show me how

The constant claim is the pay gap - and that is complete bull **** and you all know it.
    What I love are the facts you showed the class in this post

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    it's like me saying if we lowered the tax rate to 0% on everyone and every business, our economy would grow 10x more.

You guys would ask me to prove that. And I'd say "lolz you guys are just trolls. Keep digging"
    No I wouldn't

But thanks for acting like you know what I would post

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,788 Posts
    What I love are the facts you showed the class in this post
    What? Do you want me to repost?

First of all, the number is based on the median gross income of women vs the median gross income of men. With no other factors of experience, hours, education, what type of jobs, etc. being used in the equation. In other words, it basically treats being a kindergarten teacher the same as being an astrophysicist. So it's BS.

Additionally, women are far less likely to get degrees in math and science, which lead to higher paying jobs. In fact, men overwhelmingly dominate the majors of the highest paying jobs. And not surprisingly, women overwhelmingly dominate the majors of the least paying jobs. I can't imagine why they make less! When you account for this, the wage gap essentially disappears.

But let's look deeper, shall we?

Additionally again, women are far less likely to work more demanding jobs in construction and other similar career paths, which pay more

Additionally again, women are far more likely to change career paths mid-career (i.e. switching from operations to marketing), which makes them lose more work experience.

Additionally again, women are less likely to negotiate salaries and ask for raises - which hurts their pay (especially on their first job) which compounds each year

Additionally again, women are less likely to change companies, which is the easiest way to earn more money

Additionally again, once married, women work less than men, thus they have less work experience and don't work as many hours.

Additionally again, once becoming a mother, women work far less than men, thus they have less work experience and don't work as many hours.

Women are much more likely to work part-time jobs, while men are much more likely to work full time jobs. I'm sure you're shocked to hear that full time generally pays more.

Now - how about we argue for apples to apples, shall we?

When we compare never married women to never married men, women actually make MORE than men.

So I guess all of these greedy corporations aren't so greedy after all... Obviously - because they can save so much money by only hiring women, yet they choose to pay men 30% more money out of the graciousness of their heart? Get real.

So I'll ask again, how are women treated unequally in this country?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    "That women and men should be looked upon the same physically? I don't get your complaint. You keep saying just weird things with no data to back them up. Seriously - what is the complain here, show me why it's an issue with some data, and I'll be happy to look at it. But you're going down a very unconvincing road to prove your point. If you don't think there are comparable examples the other way around, then you're a moron"

DOn't feel like fixing your quotes. What I'm saying is there's a massive disparity in how both are portrayed in every aspect.

Anyway I will get into it a bit later when I have a bit time ot research things.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to zitothebrave For This Useful Post:

sturg33 (08-11-2015)

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,066 Posts
    More information: Link.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    Again, I gave you some examples of how they are treated unequally and you saying something doesn't make it so. The same thing you are crying about has no links/facts in it from what I can see

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BedellBrave View Post
    More information: Link.
    When a woman walks in for an abortion, what are the first steps?

Nothing is different with her coming in, signing paperwork, all of that is the same. The actual fetal tissue study—the research—is not brought up until she goes into counseling. I’m saying counseling, but it’s really when she goes in to sign all the papers. After she signs the consent form for the abortion, then we would bring up the study.

What would you say?

We would tell the client that we are participating in a study and she has an opportunity today to donate the tissue that’s removed from her uterus to a research laboratory where they will be working on life-saving treatments for various diseases such as Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s or other types of medical studies. We would tell her this is an opportunity for her to possibly save the life of someone else by donating this tissue. By creating this altruistic scenario, women would almost always consent and say, “Yes, absolutely.”
    Once a patient is enrolled in a fetal tissue study, what happens next?

Once the patient is enrolled, she’s taken back to the procedure room. The abortion is performed, and nothing is different in the actual abortion procedure. We don’t use any different types of tools or anything like that.
    Do you think Planned Parenthood is doing anything illegal?

The way that the law is written currently, it allows them to charge for these certain items as long as they are coded correctly on a line-item budget. And that’s the problem with the law

I'm outraged