Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,066 Posts

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,066 Posts
    I mean abortion is just 37% of their revenue stream. No biggie.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,066 Posts
    I mean they just do 25% of all abortions in the US. No biggie.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,066 Posts
    I mean they just vary their procedures to get less "crunchy" abortions and sometimes if they are really good they can get whole -intact "products of procreation" to come out and then they can line item all kinds of parts. No biggie.

Connoisseur of Minors zitothebrave's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BedellBrave View Post
    Let him yammer on with his left wing propaganda...
    No left wing propaganda here hoss. Just telling it like it is. This video was a hack job meant to scare people. I'd be willing to bet it worked on about 100% of its target demographic (people who want to defund PP already) and at about 1% of the non-target demographic. In fact if anything the hit job probably has brought more pro-PP advocates out from the weeds to fight because they won't stay quiet and it's had an adverse effect on the intended goal.

All you do by getting rid of planned parenthood is ditch a way that a lot of people have access to cheap sexual healthcare.
    Stockholm, more densely populated than NYC - sturg

6. The Following User Says Thank You to zitothebrave For This Useful Post:

JohnAdcox (08-10-2015)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    So you actually expect them to release 1 hour videos and expect people to watch? Well they did
    And with context. people realize that it's a hit job. At least those who aren't blindly pro-life.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,066 Posts
    I mean, I really don't understand why in the world that nice little business in California went to court to have these right wing nut jobs stop any of these videos. They just show what wonderful human beings all these folks are.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,066 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zitothebrave View Post
    No left wing propaganda here hoss. Just telling it like it is. This video was a hack job meant to scare people. I'd be willing to bet it worked on about 100% of its target demographic (people who want to defund PP already) and at about 1% of the non-target demographic. In fact if anything the hit job probably has brought more pro-PP advocates out from the weeds to fight because they won't stay quiet and it's had an adverse effect on the intended goal.

All you do by getting rid of planned parenthood is ditch a way that a lot of people have access to cheap sexual healthcare.

Sure it is. Sleep well.

That's what Obamacare is for.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    That's what Obamacare is for.
    If only. Sadly all obamacare does is give you access to conventional doctors who still charge a ****load for similar services.

Sorry, you dont' get it.

Though if you want to make true universal healthcare. I'm all there with you.

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,788 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zitothebrave View Post
    And with context. people realize that it's a hit job. At least those who aren't blindly pro-life.
    lol

Very Flirtatious, but Doubts What Love Is. jpx7's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,831 Posts
    They just show what wonderful human beings all these folks are.
    Out of curiosity—and I'm not trolling you, even if it might sound like it: Is it possible, in your mind, for a person to both support abortion rights and not be an abjectly horrible person? (For the purposes of this question, let's suspend questions about the specific entity of Planned Parenthood from the equation.)
    Last edited by jpx7; 08-06-2015 at 09:47 PM.
    "For all his tattooings he was on the whole a clean, comely looking cannibal."

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,066 Posts
    I wouldn't describe them (all of them) as abjectly horrible. If they truly understand what abortion does and to whom and they still support elective abortions then I think their ethic is bankrupt. Advocating for the barbaric destruction of the most defenseless and innocent is well...heinous. My suspicion though is that most refuse to open their eyes to what an abortion does or they go the more common route and deny what the victims truly are.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    I wouldn't describe them (all of them) as abjectly horrible. If they truly understand what war and torture does and to whom and they still support elective war and torture then I think their ethic is bankrupt. Advocating for the barbaric destruction of the most defenseless and innocent is well...heinous. My suspicion though is that most refuse to open their eyes to what war and torture does or they go the more common route and deny what the victims truly are.
    Fixed it for ya.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,066 Posts
    Not really. I wouldn't equate war and torture with elective abortion. Unjust war and torture yes. Nor would I say that combatants are usually the most defenseless and innocent.
    Last edited by BedellBrave; 08-10-2015 at 09:48 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    My guess is the people that benefit the most from the info below won't read it for whatever reason.

But, the
    Funny thing is, it is the first female opinion to this forum of this endless and at times silly debate that seems to rear it's head in every policy discussion.

http://nymag.com/thecut/2015/08/the-...-abortion.html

Sixty-one percent of women who seek abortions already have at least one child. More than a third already have at least two children. Women know what pregnancy is and what abortion does. Perhaps it’s this common calculation that keeps so many women (and men) grateful to an organization dedicated to the maintenance of women’s bodies. An NBC News–Wall Street Journal poll, released after the fetal-parts videos, showed Planned Parenthood with a net favorability rating of 45 percent, higher than Donald Trump, the Democratic and Republican parties, Hillary Clinton, Barack Obama, the Supreme Court, and the National Rifle Association.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    “I gave birth to two premature kids,” said California’s Barbara Boxer on the Senate floor last week, during the debate over cutting federal funds to Planned Parenthood. Boxer sounded impatient, irritated. “I just don’t like lectures by men about what it’s like.”

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    "I've hated this debate since I've since learned of it in high school in the 80s. Back then I was opposed to it, and then I learned how complicated these decisions really are. Even then, I hated all graphic descriptions of fetuses or babies -- whichever your preferred term.

Now, that I support choice, I still hate all the descriptions. I hate more that the assumption is that every woman who gets an abortion does so because she's 16 or younger and doesn't know any better. That's not true. In fact, it's a lie -- which is also a sin.

No, it's not an easy decision, but that doesn't mean it's not the best one to be made at the time. And all those pictures really hurt those who lose their babies naturally. Nothing like rubbing it in their face because you have something to prove that doesn't even apply to them."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    " Banning abortion will not change anything. Women who are desperate will do it illegally, those with means will travel to Canada. Simple as that!

Conservatism wants to CONTROL women, period! Liberalism would rather give women good options for real choice, a life with access to education, careers and jobs."

http://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/...istory/376851/
    Last edited by 57Brave; 08-10-2015 at 12:17 PM.

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,788 Posts
    Abortion is about the only issue the left favors "choice" on.

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    Abortion is about the only issue the left favors "choice" on.

Dumb
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"