Page 1008 of 1150 FirstFirst ... 850890895899810061007100810091010101810581108 ... LastLast
Results 20,141 to 20,160 of 22988

Thread: REAL FOOTBALL Thread

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,053 Posts
    The Falcons are just bad. They have so many needs. They need an heir to Matt Ryan, they desperately need a pass rusher (more likely 2), they need secondary help, and their O-line is a disaster.

I wonder if Smith is regretting taking the job now. With Ryan aging and the QB class this year looking bad it will be tough to pull things together quickly due to the QB position alone. Trying to replace a franchise QB while rebuilding so many crucial areas is a tall order.

Connoisseur of Minors zitothebrave's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    He may have been given like you have 3 years before we start caring about results.
    Stockholm, more densely populated than NYC - sturg

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,741 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zitothebrave View Post
    I need to thank the Saints for giving me the highlight of old man Brady trying to scramble for the first down and fumbling and turning the ball over. That was funny.

Brady had never been swept by a division team his entire career until joing NFC South. Saints did it in back to back years.
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunrevenge View Post
    Brady had never been swept by a division team his entire career until joing NFC South. Saints did it in back to back years.
    I mean he was playing in the AFC, where the best team he ever really faced was the Sanchez/Ryan Jets.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Niners are gaining steam at the right time.

Nobody wants to play them in the playoffs and their game will travel anywhere.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post

Until you hit the super bowl where Kyle Shanahan's dumb play calling costs him for the 3rd time

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,053 Posts
    He may have been given like you have 3 years before we start caring about results.
    It's possible but I do wonder if they realized exactly how bad it is in Atlanta. I could see them looking at a team with Ridley and Ryan and thinking that a quick retool would get them to the playoffs. That explains drafting Pitts.

I just can't fathom any other reason why they'd think they could draft a luxury with a top 10 pick. If they knew the Falcons would have required a complete rebuild they'd have targeted some of the massive current holes or near future holes. But here they sit nearly a year later with no plan to replace Ryan, no franchise o-linemen, and no franchise pass rusher. They essentially wasted a year of the rebuild. I gotta think there was a huge miscalculation by the new leadership.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Until you hit the super bowl where Kyle Shanahan's dumb play calling costs him for the 3rd time
    Sadly possible - But Jimmy missed a wide open receiver that would have iced the game.

We good this year.....
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    Sadly possible - But Jimmy missed a wide open receiver that would have iced the game.

We good this year.....
    Shanahan didn't learn his lesson from Atlanta's choke of just hammer it down when you're up by multiple scores. It wasn't as big of a choke as compared to Atlanta's choke. But it was a hell of a choke anyway. Especially after that momentum changing pick.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Shanahan didn't learn his lesson from Atlanta's choke of just hammer it down when you're up by multiple scores. It wasn't as big of a choke as compared to Atlanta's choke. But it was a hell of a choke anyway. Especially after that momentum changing pick.
    Mahomes was doing some absurd things at the end of the game like the all time QB that he is.

I'm not ready to blame Kyle on that SB honestly. We will see what happens in the playoffs this year. I like the way the team is trending.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    Mahomes was doing some absurd things at the end of the game like the all time QB that he is.

I'm not ready to blame Kyle on that SB honestly. We will see what happens in the playoffs this year. I like the way the team is trending.
    You can choose not to blame him, it's you're right. And the players always deserve their share of the blame because a coach can make a brilliant call and an audible or execution error can ruin it.

But he's 2 for 2 in blowing Super Bowl leads and his offense has scored 0 points in the 4th quarter of the Super Bowl.

He'll eventually get over that hump I'm sure. He's a smart offensive mind. But I hope he doesn't. Cause as a Falcons fan I'm salty he ruined our chance at a title after calling a perfect first half. All he had to do was just run the ball and eat the clock and he got cute. Even after Julio made the catch that should have won the game. He got cute trying to "end it" and instead of taking 3 points with All Timer Matt Bryant and a 2 score lead. he ultimately ruined the Falcons chances. Or at least he would have forced the refs to screw the Falcons over.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    You can choose not to blame him, it's you're right. And the players always deserve their share of the blame because a coach can make a brilliant call and an audible or execution error can ruin it.

But he's 2 for 2 in blowing Super Bowl leads and his offense has scored 0 points in the 4th quarter of the Super Bowl.

He'll eventually get over that hump I'm sure. He's a smart offensive mind. But I hope he doesn't. Cause as a Falcons fan I'm salty he ruined our chance at a title after calling a perfect first half. All he had to do was just run the ball and eat the clock and he got cute. Even after Julio made the catch that should have won the game. He got cute trying to "end it" and instead of taking 3 points with All Timer Matt Bryant and a 2 score lead. he ultimately ruined the Falcons chances. Or at least he would have forced the refs to screw the Falcons over.
    I get that the SB is sensitive to Falcon fans but blowing a lead that large in a half is a full team failure.

Nobody gets more chunk plays than the niners. He is more than a good offensive mind. He is the best in the business.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    I get that the SB is sensitive to Falcon fans but blowing a lead that large in a half is a full team failure.

Nobody gets more chunk plays than the niners. He is more than a good offensive mind. He is the best in the business.
    The defense deserves their share of the blame. I'm not saying they're blameless. But playcalling was the number 1 failure.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,990 Posts
    Shanahan squarely to blame for both SB losses.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,741 Posts

Speaking of teams no one wants to play which team has blown out the top 2 seeds in the NFC three out of three chances to do so?
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,990 Posts
    Lots of good NFC teams this year. But it's gonna run through GB, Tampa, and LA. Most complete teams in the league. I would say AZ, but Murray has struggled lately and who knows how he'll perform in the playoffs.

AFC is a mess, KC still looks like the team beat. Maybe if my Titans can get back Henry and AJ then we can give them a run. Ravens are always lurking too. Aside from that, no other AFC team seems very good. Pats are huge posers, imo. Great defense, but they aren't winning anything with Mac Jones at QB, imo.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Carp View Post
    Lots of good NFC teams this year. But it's gonna run through GB, Tampa, and LA. Most complete teams in the league. I would say AZ, but Murray has struggled lately and who knows how he'll perform in the playoffs.

AFC is a mess, KC still looks like the team beat. Maybe if my Titans can get back Henry and AJ then we can give them a run. Ravens are always lurking too. Aside from that, no other AFC team seems very good. Pats are huge posers, imo. Great defense, but they aren't winning anything with Mac Jones at QB, imo.
    NFC isn't good. NFL as a whole seems to have regressed to the median. Not sure if it's related to COVID, not sure if it was the truncated pre-season, etc. Falcons have no business sniffing around 500. They're a miserable team, they should have a record like the Lions.

You're right in who the top 3 teams seem to be. But you're missing Dallas who's played very well. The Ding against Dallas is that they have a tendency to blow it when it matters.

I would not sleep on New England or Buffalo in the AFC. New England is the safest pick. They just keep winning despite maybe the most mediocre QB in the NFL. They're doing it behind the best defense in the NFL. and the only team really close to them right now defensively is BUffalo. Who is Josh Allen can get hot will be a team I'm afraid of. Mahomes is the most electric player in the NFL.

I kind of wish Atlanta could trade Ryan to New Orleans right now just to spice things up. New Orleans is a really good team, Winston wasn't bad but he got hurt to no one's surprise. Put an Iron Man like Ryan on that team with all that talent and that's a Super Bowl contender.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Sweet - I hope all the other teams are sleeping on the niners too.

Going to romp through the NFC.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Carp View Post
    Shanahan squarely to blame for both SB losses.
    HAHAHAHA - Giving up that lead in the second half was SQUARELY Shanahans offense fault.....
    Natural Immunity Croc