Page 1052 of 1150 FirstFirst ... 52552952100210421050105110521053105410621102 ... LastLast
Results 21,021 to 21,040 of 22998

Thread: REAL FOOTBALL Thread

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,053 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zitothebrave View Post
    He could be, but before the offseason stuff, Carter was considered the top prospect in the draft. You don't sleep on that when you have a luxury pick.
    Yep, the talent's definitely there. Personally I think Carter was dealing with depression from being a part of the incident that killed a friend and teammate. Get him the help he needs and he's the steal of the draft.

Connoisseur of Minors zitothebrave's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tapate50 View Post
    Yeah you can.

They don’t pick later they pick at 8. He won’t be there at 40 or whatever.
    If baffles me that people think when you go in the round matters really. IF you believe he's one of the best players in the draft, it doesn't matter if he goes 8 or 18. You're talking a few million dollars a year towards the cap, hardly a big deal. Now if you want to argue never pick a RB in the first round you'd have a point. But I'm actually not fully on that camp. RBs tend to have their value be frontloaded. So you can easily argue that having that 5th year team option is much more valuable than the salary savings.
    Stockholm, more densely populated than NYC - sturg

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    PAts get Gonzalez, what could wind up being the steal of the draft. I've seen him top 10 on most big board.

other one I'm surprised is Nixon-Smith hasn't been taken, him and Nolan smith, I know Dan Quinn has to be wet dreaming he'll fall to Dallas and Dallas will take Nolan Smith. He' sthe exact type of end Quinn likes.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,906 Posts
    Falcons selected Texas RB Bijan Robinson with the No. 8 overall pick in the 2023 NFL Draft.
    Woe to your Tyler Allgeier best ball shares. Robinson (5’11/215) enters the league as one of the most complete packages you will ever see at the running back position. Wildly productive for inconsistent Longhorns teams, Robinson piled up 3,410 yards rushing in only three seasons, averaging 6.3 yards per carry and scoring 33 touchdowns on the ground. He was equally explosive as a receiver, tacking on a 60/805/8 line and averaging 13.4 yards per grab. 8.0 is considered a good mark for a runner. An off-the-charts athlete whose 9.85 relative athletic score (out of 10.0) is one of the highest of all time for a running back, Robinson’s timed speed of 4.46 is elite for his size. In the open field, Robinson combines canny instincts with rare agility. Robinson is the definition of “cuts on a time,” requiring no “gather steps” to change direction. Also a tackle-breaker — he broke PFF’s college record — Robinson is just as capable of blowing through tackles as going around them. To top it all off, Robinson will play his entire rookie season at only 21 years old. A true three-down wunderkid with the athletic profile to stack big plays and dole out punishment, Robinson should be an RB1 for years to come in fantasy.
    Ivermectin Man

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    Jack Campbell also seems like a stretch.

If I'm the Falcons with the amount of talent that's dropping, I'm on the phone to get back into the first. Someone like Jalin Hyatt or Myles Murphy could be an amazing value pick late in the first who may not fall into our slot in the second. With 20ish hours between the first adn second round. you'll have GMs have a lot more time to reassess boards and consider trades.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,053 Posts
    Jack Campbell also seems like a stretch.

If I'm the Falcons with the amount of talent that's dropping, I'm on the phone to get back into the first. Someone like Jalin Hyatt or Myles Murphy could be an amazing value pick late in the first who may not fall into our slot in the second. With 20ish hours between the first adn second round. you'll have GMs have a lot more time to reassess boards and consider trades.
    100% agree. What were they thinking with Jack Campbell with everyone left on the board.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by striker42 View Post
    100% agree. What were they thinking with Jack Campbell with everyone left on the board.
    Campbell is a 1st round talent but you're basically saying my only hole is LB taking him. But I don't see that. I see them having a big hole at DT and I like Kancey. I don't think either guys the lions picked were bad, it's just kind of weird from a value perspective. Like I'd rather have Bijan than Gibbs and whoever they get at 34.

Maybe I'm wrong and the Lions are doing everything right. But I wouldn't bet on it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    Eagles had a fantastic draft. Carter and Smith are super talented players.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    Rams will have a shot at Levis, do they pass on him to try and win in this window, or take Levis and groom him for a year and suck and build up again.

My current odds of someone taking Levis without trading up go

Rams - 50/50
    Raiders - 75/25
    Saints - 90/10
    Titans - 90/10

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,053 Posts
    Eagles had a fantastic draft. Carter and Smith are super talented players.
    That defense is going to be a nightmare for QBs.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,053 Posts
    Campbell is a 1st round talent but you're basically saying my only hole is LB taking him. But I don't see that. I see them having a big hole at DT and I like Kancey. I don't think either guys the lions picked were bad, it's just kind of weird from a value perspective. Like I'd rather have Bijan than Gibbs and whoever they get at 34.

Maybe I'm wrong and the Lions are doing everything right. But I wouldn't bet on it.
    I'm not even sure he's a first round talent. A lot of places had a second round grade on the guy. Add in the other guys on the board at the time and it's just a bizarre pick.

Lions probably failed the hardest of any team in the first round Gibbs and Campbell were both just terrible value.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    I'm not even sure he's a first round talent. A lot of places had a second round grade on the guy. Add in the other guys on the board at the time and it's just a bizarre pick.

Lions probably failed the hardest of any team in the first round Gibbs and Campbell were both just terrible value.
    I would mostly agree. Lions saved our bacon. We had the most questionable pick in the draft, then they reached for a RB. At least most people said Bijan was a top 10 talent. It was just the whole question of do you take a RB when there's so many linemen available.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,906 Posts
    I would mostly agree. Lions saved our bacon. We had the most questionable pick in the draft, then they reached for a RB. At least most people said Bijan was a top 10 talent. It was just the whole question of do you take a RB when there's so many linemen available.
    Most weren't saying Bijan was a top 10 talent.

Most legit folks said he's one of the top 2 overall talents in the draft if you toss out position.
    Ivermectin Man

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,053 Posts
    Bijan seems to be a love it or hate it pick with the writers. Everyone thinks he's a great player but some are adamant that you don't take a RB top 10 and that the Falcons had bigger needs. Others see the pick as a chance to get a rare type of player to supercharge the offense.

I like the pick for a few reasons. First, Bijan is as sure a thing as anyone in the draft. Very low risk of bust. Second, Arthur Smith will run an offense that will make better use of Bijan than just about anyone else. Not every player brings the same value to every team. Finally, he's just going to be fun to watch.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,906 Posts
    Falcons head coach Arthur Smith said RB Bijan Robinson is "more than a running back."
    It was a common pro-Robinson argument before the NFL Draft kicked off on Thursday night -- that the all-world back could be utilized as a pass catcher as well as a dominant rusher. The Falcons, in fact, had "gauged" Robinson's ability to play slot receiver, according to The Athletic's Josh Kendall. In his final year at Texas, Robinson caught 19 of his 29 targets for 314 yards and two scores. He was 70th in running back receptions among FBS backs in 2022. "He’s an impact football player,” Smith said after the Falcons selected Robinson with the eighth overall pick. “We just feel he’s an explosive weapon. He’s a home run hitter however he gets the football in his hands.” Falcons GM Terry Fontenot mentioned "positionless football and versatility" when discussing Robinson. One of the only NFL teams with a positive rush EPA in 2022, the Falcons will surely force feed Robinson in 2023. He'll have as much fantasy upside as any back in the game. It's worth noting Smith said Thursday that Tyler Allgeier, who eclipsed 1,000 rushing yards as a rookie, would remain a "very important part" of the Atlanta offense.
    Ivermectin Man

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    Antonio Brown really needs help. His social media has been wild.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    Titans moving up for Levis is great for them. Worst case scenario he is a waste of a 2nd round pick which isn't the worst thing. It's not the risk that the COlts took with RIchardson.

I like Bergeron, he can play Guard for now and then move to tackle when Matthews' contract is up.

Kind of wish we took Darnell Washington to give us a ****ing Unit of a blocking TE. But he's not the type you trade up for. Bergeron is. Shocked Hyatt is still sticking around.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,053 Posts
    I'm more meh on Bergeron. Im not convinced he's a tackle at the pro level. His pass protection leaves a lot to be desired. Still, he improves the line. Ridder will have no excuse if he's not successful.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    I'm more meh on Bergeron. Im not convinced he's a tackle at the pro level. His pass protection leaves a lot to be desired. Still, he improves the line. Ridder will have no excuse if he's not successful.
    I mean not having a deep threat still hurts.

If we can snag Hyatt, I think it would be a super productive draft. Hyatt, I thought was overrated by some, but he's fast and explosive, something the falcons are missing.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,303 Posts
    This is the best offensive pieces Falcons have had since 2016.

Would be nice to have that version of Matt Ryan with this roster.