Page 1059 of 1150 FirstFirst ... 59559959100910491057105810591060106110691109 ... LastLast
Results 21,161 to 21,180 of 22988

Thread: REAL FOOTBALL Thread

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,990 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    Second round bust that got 3 sacks in week 1? That guy?
    I never called Drake Johnson Johnson a bust so I am not sure what you are talking about. And he was already there last season and part of the rotation. How does that change the fact that you lost 2 productive edge players and replaced them with nothing?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Carp View Post
    I never called Drake Johnson Johnson a bust so I am not sure what you are talking about. And he was already there last season and part of the rotation. How does that change the fact that you lost 2 productive edge players and replaced them with nothing?
    Because “productive” is a byproduct of being outside of bosa. And a second year player improving helps bridge that “gap” along with having Hargrove occupying more space inside. You’re using stats as your barometer with no context. Drake might have 9.5 sacks by mid season at this rate so no lost “production”.
    Natural Immunity Croc

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,990 Posts
    Because “productive” is a byproduct of being outside of bosa. And a second year player improving helps bridge that “gap” along with having Hargrove occupying more space inside. You’re using stats as your barometer with no context. Drake might have 9.5 sacks by mid season at this rate so no lost “production”.
    1. He had 3 sacks last year, so 9.5 additional sacks is still the barometer of what you lost

2. You are still missing the production when he is not in the game. He was mostly used in 3rd down situations on Sunday.
    Last edited by Carp; 09-12-2023 at 08:16 AM.

Connoisseur of Minors zitothebrave's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    I’m happy that a former first round pick is our first rotation DE off bench.

Ever wonder if those guys that got 9.5 sacks last year is because bosa is doubled and tripled more than anyone in the league?

Loaded squad.
    Bosa faced the easiest offensive lineman of any of the top guys last year. There's a reason everyone who knew threw more respect to Garrett and Micah. Bosa was totally eliminated when he faced Lane Johnson. Did he even get a hand on Hurts that game?
    Stockholm, more densely populated than NYC - sturg

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zitothebrave View Post
    Bosa faced the easiest offensive lineman of any of the top guys last year. There's a reason everyone who knew threw more respect to Garrett and Micah. Bosa was totally eliminated when he faced Lane Johnson. Did he even get a hand on Hurts that game?
    The game was a complete throwaway from my perspective. How can a team be in to it when you have a 4th string QB that can't get a first down.

Eagles were lucky Purdy got hurt and this year they will put it to them. Purdy looks GOOOOOOOOOOD.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    The game was a complete throwaway from my perspective. How can a team be in to it when you have a 4th string QB that can't get a first down.

Eagles were lucky Purdy got hurt and this year they will put it to them. Purdy looks GOOOOOOOOOOD.
    Eagles shut down Purdy before he was hurt.

If Bosa can't get up and play because his QB is hurt, he has no personal pride. This idea that the Niners gave up because Purdy was hurt is one peddled by losers who never played sports.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Eagles shut down Purdy before he was hurt.

If Bosa can't get up and play because his QB is hurt, he has no personal pride. This idea that the Niners gave up because Purdy was hurt is one peddled by losers who never played sports.
    4-4 for 23 yards.

This is 'shutting him down'. Come on Zito.

Purdy looked awesome first week. Still has much more to prove but if hes more than a game manager the niners are easily best team in football.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,741 Posts
    And Aaron Rodgers is done for the season. I look forward to seeing how he does on the Vikings next year.
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    4-4 for 23 yards.

This is 'shutting him down'. Come on Zito.

Purdy looked awesome first week. Still has much more to prove but if hes more than a game manager the niners are easily best team in football.
    My dude you're pretending like completing a bunch of screens is playing well?

Niners were outplayed. Sure the game wouldn't have been a blowout if Purdy wasn't hurt. But even if he wasn't hurt they were facing a massive uphill climb giving up a TD on the first drive then a fumble.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    My dude you're pretending like completing a bunch of screens is playing well?

Niners were outplayed. Sure the game wouldn't have been a blowout if Purdy wasn't hurt. But even if he wasn't hurt they were facing a massive uphill climb giving up a TD on the first drive then a fumble.
    Outplayed is a joke - It was a bad no-challenge by Shanny after the niners go the Eagles to turn it over on downs. One fumble doesn't make a game.

I pray that we play again because we will outclass you guys this year.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunrevenge View Post
    And Aaron Rodgers is done for the season. I look forward to seeing how he does on the Vikings next year.
    Jets doing Jets things.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    Outplayed is a joke - It was a bad no-challenge by Shanny after the niners go the Eagles to turn it over on downs. One fumble doesn't make a game.

I pray that we play again because we will outclass you guys this year.
    I'm not an Eagles fan, I'm just acknowledging that the Eagles were better than the niners last year and probably iwll be again this year. Of course health plays a huge part in that. Niners or Eagles could lose a big guy and slide things around. But Eagles were a force last year, and honestly I think got better because I'm a big fan of Jalen Carter, I think he could be dominating the league for a long time.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    I'm not an Eagles fan, I'm just acknowledging that the Eagles were better than the niners last year and probably iwll be again this year. Of course health plays a huge part in that. Niners or Eagles could lose a big guy and slide things around. But Eagles were a force last year, and honestly I think got better because I'm a big fan of Jalen Carter, I think he could be dominating the league for a long time.
    You said 'Outplayed' and cited the TD but neglected to mention the niners stopped them at around midfield and Shanny had a bad no-challenge. In a different universe he challenges and the niners roll.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    You said 'Outplayed' and cited the TD but neglected to mention the niners stopped them at around midfield and Shanny had a bad no-challenge. In a different universe he challenges and the niners roll.
    No they don't. Anyone watching that game saw the flow of the game. Of course teams win against the run of play all the time. But it's not something you count on.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    No they don't. Anyone watching that game saw the flow of the game. Of course teams win against the run of play all the time. But it's not something you count on.
    Flow of the game include turning the Eagles over at mid-field with a Shanny challenge?
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    That play didn't happen at midfield, it was at the SF 35. The started the next drive at the 25.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    That play didn't happen at midfield, it was at the SF 35. The started the next drive at the 25.
    As if 10 yards and being 0-0 doesn't matter.

Niners were well on their way to winning that game.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    As if 10 yards and being 0-0 doesn't matter.

Niners were well on their way to winning that game.
    No they were not. Anyone who watched the game wouldn't believe that. First drive Eagles were moving the ball just fine. Sure that big play would have changed things. But it wouldn't have been as huge of a momentum swing as you imagine. Maybe they last a bit longer but anyone with eyes who saw the game saw an overmatched Niners offense that wasn't ready for that Eagles pass rush.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    No they were not. Anyone who watched the game wouldn't believe that. First drive Eagles were moving the ball just fine. Sure that big play would have changed things. But it wouldn't have been as huge of a momentum swing as you imagine. Maybe they last a bit longer but anyone with eyes who saw the game saw an overmatched Niners offense that wasn't ready for that Eagles pass rush.
    Overmatched?

Niners basically turned the Eagles over on downs on the first drive. Then they drove down to midfield (Purdy was 4-4) and purdy got inured. Oh yeah, Then the niners got the Eagles to punt on a 3 and out right afterwards. Then proceeded to force Eagles to punt another two times afterwards. Its almost as if the defense let up after they realized that Purdy wasn't coming back and we were up to our fourth string QB.

So what world were you looking at? The pass rush after Purdy went down is irrelevant.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    Purdy started the game 2 for 2 withotu throwing the ball downfield. Which he would have been asked to do as the game continued. He also fumbled the ball on his 3rd drop back.

Purdy had dudes in his face on every dropback They were running quick passes to try and stop from getting to Purdy when he finally had to do a proper dropback he was strip sacked. On his completion to kittle the only reason he wasn't hit/sacked on that play was a terrible non-holding call. Eagles were dominating.

Niners barely could handle the Cowboys who the eagles almost beat with Gardner Minshew as their QB.