Page 1061 of 1150 FirstFirst ... 61561961101110511059106010611062106310711111 ... LastLast
Results 21,201 to 21,220 of 22982

Thread: REAL FOOTBALL Thread

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,052 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chop2chip View Post
    Well good thing they drafted him then
    If they had a good QB and a head coach willing to use his passing game weapons, they might actually be dangerous. But that offense runs like it has a cylinder misfiring.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,292 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by striker42 View Post
    If they had a good QB and a head coach willing to use his passing game weapons, they might actually be dangerous. But that offense runs like it has a cylinder misfiring.
    I think Pitts is wasted on a team with no quarterback but I have zero issue with Smith’s play calling.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,052 Posts
    I think Pitts is wasted on a team with no quarterback but I have zero issue with Smith’s play calling.
    I think Smith leans too much on the run and doesn't create enough explosive plays. I think we'll struggle to keep up with higher powered offenses.

With Robinson, Pitts, and London there's not much of an excuse for not being more creative to get explosive plays.

Connoisseur of Minors zitothebrave's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    Also, the Falcons need to trade Pitts. He's wasted with Arthur Smith at the helm.
    I do agree with this. But I'm willing to give Pitts and RIdder some time to develop some compatibility.

Pitts has all the talent in the world, him not putting up stats like Kelce is embarrassing.
    Stockholm, more densely populated than NYC - sturg

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,292 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zitothebrave View Post
    I do agree with this. But I'm willing to give Pitts and RIdder some time to develop some compatibility.

Pitts has all the talent in the world, him not putting up stats like Kelce is embarrassing.
    Ridder vs Mahomes seems like a logical explanation

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    Yeah I think Bijan being a generational talent is helpful, but you have him you should use him.

Ridder even had a decent game in the end

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    Ridder vs Mahomes seems like a logical explanation
    For sure. Ridder doesn't seem to be it right now. I mean we have to give him a whole season totry and see if he gets better. But I'm not super optimistic from what I've seen. Here's hoping he's just a late bloomer and starts figuring it out.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    Also I'm ready to call Fields basically DoA. His best shot is to leave Chicago and see if he can hack it out later. 172 net yards in 39 events is pathetic.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,052 Posts
    Also I'm ready to call Fields basically DoA. His best shot is to leave Chicago and see if he can hack it out later. 172 net yards in 39 events is pathetic.
    He needs out. He's had no one to throw to his entire career.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    He needs out. He's had no one to throw to his entire career.
    They just traded for DJ Moore.

Edit: ANd Darnell Mooney was 1000 yard receiver when Andy Dalton was getting more snaps.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    You cannot convince me that the Cardinals aren't throwing. Giants had no business being in that game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    Also looking back through some of the highlights etc. Man Burrow is sucking this year.

I get the reality that Lamar is a beast. I won't hold the loss against Burrow. But Burrow is legit terrible. He has under 300 net yards after 2 games. Looking back at his past, his next worst 2 stretch games were in blowouts, where he netted 320, but only had took 62 takes. where this year its' been 77.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    Saw the finale to the WFT/Broncos, that may be the worst Hail Mary defense I've seen in a long time. Just let the guy catch it short of the goal line and crush him.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    Final thoughts for tonight

WHo's the best 0-2 team and who's the worst 2-0 teams.

Looking at some basics, Cincy obviously is a let down to start the season and I think they turn it around. I don't think Burrow turned into one of the worst QBs in the NFL in the offseason. So they're the probable, but as far as who seems to have had the worst luck to be 0-2? Denver has the smallest point differential, but I mean they played the commanders and raiders at home, those should be wins. So I don't consider those good results. Chargers lost close games to Tennessee on the road and Miami at home. That's much tougher. Vikings are interesting to look at. They played the Eagles well, but shouldn't have lost to the Bucs at home. So I will go with the team that has the best results being 0-2 is the Chargers who had the tougher schedule.

Saints could wind up as the worst 2-0 team. Falcons and Bucs are also in that running. Bucs have the tougher schedule. Now if New ORleans barely beats Carolina, like 14-10 or something like that. It's them. Otherwise it needs to be Atlanta, 2 tight home wins is rough. Next week they have to go to Detroit, where I will be shocked if they don't beat us thoroughly.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,739 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Carp View Post
    QBs are mostly crap shoot if you aren't drafting a generational talent at No. 1 like TLaw, Luck, or Burrow. Even then, you still need to fill out your roster with talent around them to be successful. It's honestly a testament to how good Luck was that he was so successful with mediocre TY Hilton and the ghost of Reggie Wayne as his only consistent offensive weapons for most of his career.

And as Geno Smith and Jared Goff are currently showing, some QBs just have to be in the right system to succeed. Like Justin Fields for example. I don't know if he'll turn to the corner or not, but playing for the Bears isn't doing him any favors.

I agree, even with more than QBs that their performance can vary depending on the situation and coaching they have. I dont think Lamar Jackson would be a star QB if he was drafted by the Browns. I dont think Kamara would have been a big breakout star RB if he didnt have Brees/Payton. Mahomes is a star regardless of where he goes. Theres teams like the Jets where I just assume any QB they draft is a bust until proven otherwise. Had some people really mad at me for saying Zach Wilson was going to be a bust when all I knew about him was he was a relatively inexperience QB drafted highly by the Jets.
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,739 Posts
    Final thoughts for tonight

WHo's the best 0-2 team and who's the worst 2-0 teams.

Looking at some basics, Cincy obviously is a let down to start the season and I think they turn it around. I don't think Burrow turned into one of the worst QBs in the NFL in the offseason. So they're the probable, but as far as who seems to have had the worst luck to be 0-2? Denver has the smallest point differential, but I mean they played the commanders and raiders at home, those should be wins. So I don't consider those good results. Chargers lost close games to Tennessee on the road and Miami at home. That's much tougher. Vikings are interesting to look at. They played the Eagles well, but shouldn't have lost to the Bucs at home. So I will go with the team that has the best results being 0-2 is the Chargers who had the tougher schedule.

Saints could wind up as the worst 2-0 team. Falcons and Bucs are also in that running. Bucs have the tougher schedule. Now if New ORleans barely beats Carolina, like 14-10 or something like that. It's them. Otherwise it needs to be Atlanta, 2 tight home wins is rough. Next week they have to go to Detroit, where I will be shocked if they don't beat us thoroughly.

Falcons I think are very clearly a good QB away from being a very good team. I think you are underselling the Saints. Easily a top 10 defense imo. How high in that top 10 remains to be seen but its going to easily be a top 10 defense. Derek Carr was kind of disappointing in his first game but its a brand new offense with fairly ****ty play from RB with Kamara being out. I dont think we can accurately gage how good the Saints offense is going to be until we see it with Kamara and we know what they will get from Michael Thomas. MT looks healthy for the first time in a long time but who knows how much the injuries and time off will effect him. Looked solid in his first game but not a dominating performance. If MT is as good as he was pre-injury him and Olave are in the conversation for best WR duo in the game. And I dont know what team would have a better 3 playmakers than Olave/MT/Kamara. From what I understand about Carr he is best at the short passing game where MT and Kamara are at their best. Time will tell but I think theres potential for an elite offense with a high chance to be above average.
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,990 Posts
    Yeah the way Fields finished last year, I really thought he was breaking out. But he looks absolutely lost out there now.

And he's killing my fantasy team. Luckily I was able to grab Tua as my back-up. I'll be starting him from here on out.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Carp View Post
    Yeah the way Fields finished last year, I really thought he was breaking out. But he looks absolutely lost out there now.

And he's killing my fantasy team. Luckily I was able to grab Tua as my back-up. I'll be starting him from here on out.
    Ugh. I drafted Tua way before Fields went. I’d start Goff before Fields.

And yeah fields is DoA. Best thing that happened to uga was his transfer
    Ivermectin Man

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,990 Posts
    Also, I know the Commanders and Giants are juggernauts or anything, but how in the world are these 2 teams letting the Cardinals almost beat them? The Cardinals are, imo, the least talented team in the NFL by a good margin currently. And they have Josh Dobbs starting games for them. Even with a healthy Murray, I would put the over/under on their wins at 6.5. This is just not a good team.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,993 Posts
    Desmond Ridder is bad. Like really, really bad.
    If you can't see positive growth and glimpses of Ridder's talent, you're not actually watching the games. Dude has started 4 NFL games man. He's never going to be a star, but he easily has the talent, ability, and smarts to be a solid NFL QB. I know you die on your hills though.