Page 1101 of 1150 FirstFirst ... 101601100110511091109911001101110211031111 ... LastLast
Results 22,001 to 22,020 of 22994

Thread: REAL FOOTBALL Thread

Connoisseur of Minors zitothebrave's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    That's true of most screen based QBs. Instead they jam up the receivers and have spies.
    Stockholm, more densely populated than NYC - sturg

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    Falcons benching Ridder for Heineke. ****ing A.

This move makes no sense other than it being a desperate move by Smith to keep his job by hoping to back into the playoffs.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zitothebrave View Post
    That's true of most screen based QBs. Instead they jam up the receivers and have spies.
    I believe that Purdy has the lowest percentage of throws at or behind the LOS.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    I believe that Purdy has the lowest percentage of throws at or behind the LOS.
    Screens don't have to happen at or by the line. Screens run off anything that involves blocking. Like pick plays, etc.

But if you're looking at Statmuse for that, it's not trackign throws of screens, but throws period. The way they phrase it is brutal.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Screens don't have to happen at or by the line. Screens run off anything that involves blocking. Like pick plays, etc.

But if you're looking at Statmuse for that, it's not trackign throws of screens, but throws period. The way they phrase it is brutal.
    Majority of screens are at or behind the LOS - You know that Zito.

Teams aren't blitzing Purdy as much because he has torn them apart because he quickly identifies pre-snap where the blitz is coming from and know the hot release routes/space.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    Majority of screens are at or behind the LOS - You know that Zito.

Teams aren't blitzing Purdy as much because he has torn them apart because he quickly identifies pre-snap where the blitz is coming from and know the hot release routes/space.
    Stealth Blitzing isn't a huge thing in the NFL what's more common is confusion to make presnap adjustment.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,053 Posts
    Falcons benching Ridder for Heineke. ****ing A.

This move makes no sense other than it being a desperate move by Smith to keep his job by hoping to back into the playoffs.
    He just wants to be seen as doing something. The playoffs are a dream now and even Smith knows it. They pretty much need to win out and there's no way they beat the Colts. So he just wants to be seen as still working hard and doing something.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by striker42 View Post
    He just wants to be seen as doing something. The playoffs are a dream now and even Smith knows it. They pretty much need to win out and there's no way they beat the Colts. So he just wants to be seen as still working hard and doing something.
    But why? Like if he was building for the future build for the future. Otherwise you're admitting Ridder is a failure you bet on. This reeks of failure.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,053 Posts
    But why? Like if he was building for the future build for the future. Otherwise you're admitting Ridder is a failure you bet on. This reeks of failure.
    He's feeling the heat. When people feel pressure they tend to react instead of act, if you get what I'm saying. In his mind, he has to show he can fix the problems or he's going to get fired. Sometimes doing nothing is the best course of action but you're not showing you have the ability to fix the problems if you do nothing.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    Crazy that browning has played so well. Does that make you double take burrow or does browning have some value (maybe second or third rounder)?
    The curse of thethe strikes again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    The curse of thethe strikes again.
    Haha - I didn’t see him play much was just asking the question.

Not having chase out there complicates things. What we are seeing this year is that even the great QBs need to have options out there.

Steelers becoming a dark horse?

It also must bother you that Purdy is this good when you thought he would turn into a scrub.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    Haha - I didn’t see him play much was just asking the question.

Not having chase out there complicates things. What we are seeing this year is that even the great QBs need to have options out there.

Steelers becoming a dark horse?

It also must bother you that Purdy is this good when you thought he would turn into a scrub.
    I don't think I ever said Purdy would be a scrub. I said he's a product of his team. That's not really a sleight. Shanahan is a great QB coach, Purdy has 4 great weapons, though 2 have had injury issues but not really this year.

The real test for him and can he be great will be when his rookie deal is up. Right now they can afford to pay him, Bosa, Warner, WIlliams, Deebo, AIyuk, Kittle, McCaffery, etc. so it's not a problem, he reaps the rewards of a strong offense and he reaps the rewards of a strong defense. When he finally gets paid, even if he signs an average market value contract for a QB will determine if he's great. He's not even making a mil right now. The cheapest starting QB contracts who aren't rookies are around 25M AAV (Geno and Jimmy G) but the average is about 37M. With the top dogs (Burrow. Herbert,. Lamar and Hurts) all making over 50M. You'll be paying purdy an AAV deal of at least 45M. That's when you find out if he's real because when you start paying your QB is when you have to make cuts elsewhere. Can't give big contracts to RBs, TEs, 2 WRs, half your defense, etc. when you're fighting to squeeze under the cap.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    I don't think I ever said Purdy would be a scrub. I said he's a product of his team. That's not really a sleight. Shanahan is a great QB coach, Purdy has 4 great weapons, though 2 have had injury issues but not really this year.

The real test for him and can he be great will be when his rookie deal is up. Right now they can afford to pay him, Bosa, Warner, WIlliams, Deebo, AIyuk, Kittle, McCaffery, etc. so it's not a problem, he reaps the rewards of a strong offense and he reaps the rewards of a strong defense. When he finally gets paid, even if he signs an average market value contract for a QB will determine if he's great. He's not even making a mil right now. The cheapest starting QB contracts who aren't rookies are around 25M AAV (Geno and Jimmy G) but the average is about 37M. With the top dogs (Burrow. Herbert,. Lamar and Hurts) all making over 50M. You'll be paying purdy an AAV deal of at least 45M. That's when you find out if he's real because when you start paying your QB is when you have to make cuts elsewhere. Can't give big contracts to RBs, TEs, 2 WRs, half your defense, etc. when you're fighting to squeeze under the cap.
    Maybe when he’s paid he will have great numbers like Lamar or Mahomes do this year!!!

All kidding aside I agree the jury is still out if Purdy is a great QB. There is no question he’s at least a good one. That processing capability along with anticipation is straight up top notch. Arguably best in football.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,053 Posts
    I miss Shanahan. He made Dan Quinn look competent.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    Maybe when he’s paid he will have great numbers like Lamar or Mahomes do this year!!!

All kidding aside I agree the jury is still out if Purdy is a great QB. There is no question he’s at least a good one. That processing capability along with anticipation is straight up top notch. Arguably best in football.
    I don't think I ever doubted Purdy's ability to be a good QB. He showed that last year. Question is does he tap out at like Ryan Tannehill levels when he is the focal point, or he could be Dak Prescott. I don't think he'll ever hit the true elite levels that Mahomes is capable of, but he could very well be a good game manager.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    Falcons and winning meaningless games late in the season, name a more iconic pair.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,053 Posts
    Falcons and winning meaningless games late in the season, name a more iconic pair.
    Arthur Smith probably wouldn't be on the hot seat if hed lost a few more the last few years and been able to land a QB as a result.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    I feel bad for Jetta, can you imagine as a WR trying to strap the team to your back and the QB play letting you down.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,901 Posts
    I’m sure most get that feeling a lot

That’s team sports though
    Ivermectin Man

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,993 Posts
    One encouraging thing from the Falcons standpoint... Zach Harrison, 3rd rounder out of Ohio State has been really flashing since he started having more regular playing time the past two weeks. One sack against Carolina and 2 sacks today vs the Colts. Would be nice for him to be that difference maker pass rusher... he has all the ability. Ebiketie has also taken a step forward. The defense has some real hope.