Page 1103 of 1150 FirstFirst ... 103603100310531093110111021103110411051113 ... LastLast
Results 22,041 to 22,060 of 22998

Thread: REAL FOOTBALL Thread

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,003 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zitothebrave View Post
    I agree but I don't think he needs to win the division. I think if Buffalo wins out he'll close the season out going 5-0 with wins vs. Dallas and at KC and Miami.

Tua I think is hurt by Tyreek, similar to issues Purdy would have had with McCaffrey. If they played someone better than the Jets last week, who knows if they win.

This is a really muddy MVP race. Dak and Purdy seemed to take the lead into a 2 horse race then fumbled the bag.

I mean Lamar is clearly the favorite now. Baltimore is the best team in the NFL and he's dominating. But he could fumble the bag late in the season.

I don't think an NFC player will take the MVP this year. SO, IMO, these are the likely scenarios ranked:

1. Ravens win next week in convincing fashion and Lamar locks it up.

2. Dolphins win out, Tua takes the MVP.

3. Bills manage to win the division, Lamar doesn't look particularly good, and Allen balls out, Allen takes the MVP.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,909 Posts
    Russell Wilson could look good in an Atl uni
    Ivermectin Man

Connoisseur of Minors zitothebrave's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tapate50 View Post
    I'd take a flyer on him. I don't think he wants to come here though but who knows he may not have many suitors. Atlanta is in a weird position where we ahve the positional talent to win but aren't unlocking ****. If I was like here's a team with a top 5 OL and 3 top 10 picks used on offensive weapons, oh and going into the year they had a 1000 yard rushing rookie, and a HC who was an OC, you wouldn't expect them to be 24th in offensive efficiency and that comes down to coach and QB.
    Stockholm, more densely populated than NYC - sturg

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,995 Posts
    Gross

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zbhargrove View Post
    Gross
    We have Desmond Ridder.

It can't get much worse.
    Ivermectin Man

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,053 Posts
    Arthur Smith picked Desmond Ridder as his starter, gave him the job with no competition, and was so confident in his selection, he didn't even give Ridder pre-season snaps.

I don't see how the man can be trusted to decide who the next QB will be. And when you have that little confidence in a coach on something so foundational, the coach needs to go.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,995 Posts
    We have Desmond Ridder.

It can't get much worse.
    I don’t want to replace bad with not very good

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,003 Posts
    Atlanta probably brings in Tanne lol. But they should bring in Wilson or Cousins.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,053 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Carp View Post
    Atlanta probably brings in Tanne lol. But they should bring in Wilson or Cousins.
    They should fire Smith and try to trade up for one of the top QBs in the draft.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,909 Posts
    I think Tannehill is done. Maybe as a backup?

Both Wilson and Cousins would get this team to the playoffs. But not much further.

I'd certainly like the buzz a high pick rookie would create though.
    Ivermectin Man

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,003 Posts
    I think Tannehill is done. Maybe as a backup?

Both Wilson and Cousins would get this team to the playoffs. But not much further.

I'd certainly like the buzz a high pick rookie would create though.
    That was mostly a joke, but given Tanne's ties to Smith, I could see it happen.

Assuming Smith isn't fired, I feel like he knows next year is it for him. Either he gets Atl to the playoffs or he's out. I can't imagine he would hinge his future on a rookie QB. So Cousins or Wilson, maybe even Murray make the most sense.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,053 Posts
    That was mostly a joke, but given Tanne's ties to Smith, I could see it happen.

Assuming Smith isn't fired, I feel like he knows next year is it for him. Either he gets Atl to the playoffs or he's out. I can't imagine he would hinge his future on a rookie QB. So Cousins or Wilson, maybe even Murray make the most sense.
    My prediction is the Falcons keep Smith and they make a hard run at Cousins. Blank has a history of keeping coaches a year longer than he should, especially when he likes them personally like he does Smith. So I think Smith get another year even though I doubt he'd be retained by any other team in the league in the same situation.

Smith and Fontenot both feel enormous pressure and that's only going to increase when it's clear they're in do or die territory next year. So I agree that they wont put all their hopes on someone like Daniels. To me, Cousins makes the most sense. He's the guy who could come in and give the most immediate lift to the team. He's not a long term answer but he probably gets the team to the playoffs which buys Smith and TF more time.

You could see them sign a free agent QB while simultaneously drafting a QB of the future. I could see them selling Blank on a plan of immediate success with a veteran with long term success with young guy apprenticing like Green Bay has done.

Of course these guys can't be trusted to do this right. Anyone who would go all in on Desmond Ridder as the QB of the future shouldn't be trusted to mix the Gatorade much less evaluate talent.

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,814 Posts
    Nice of the NFL to screw the Lions against the Cowboys. Had been a minute since we were the victim of bull****

Back to our roots!

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    Nice of the NFL to screw the Lions against the Cowboys. Had been a minute since we were the victim of bull****

Back to our roots!
    I know I'm more of an old guy and an old-school fan, but didn't they used to announce over their mic when a lineman checks in as eligible? I didn't hear that last night, but refs are so terrible these days, who knows? Also, doesn't somebody at the league office record those conversations for legal purposes if nothing else? I want to know the actual truth and if there's proof there's pretty much no punishment they can deal out to those involved that I wouldn't be onboard with. Surely, if there's a recording of him reporting I want it to come out and I want everybody in the world to know what's going on here. Also, they would have to tell the defense that a lineman was eligible, wouldn't they? If they told someone on the Cowboy's defense, sooner or later they will tell it.

Yes, I'm a Cowboys fan and I want them to win, but I don't want any person or any group to have to win that way. Win at all costs and to win "no matter what" is something I'll never be OK with, no matter who it is. If there's a recording it HAS to come out, and let the chips fall where they may. Unfortunately without an actual recording of it, nothing will happen. This will be just another piece of fallout from our stupidly hyper-tribal society.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,995 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by striker42 View Post
    My prediction is the Falcons keep Smith and they make a hard run at Cousins. Blank has a history of keeping coaches a year longer than he should, especially when he likes them personally like he does Smith. So I think Smith get another year even though I doubt he'd be retained by any other team in the league in the same situation.

Smith and Fontenot both feel enormous pressure and that's only going to increase when it's clear they're in do or die territory next year. So I agree that they wont put all their hopes on someone like Daniels. To me, Cousins makes the most sense. He's the guy who could come in and give the most immediate lift to the team. He's not a long term answer but he probably gets the team to the playoffs which buys Smith and TF more time.

You could see them sign a free agent QB while simultaneously drafting a QB of the future. I could see them selling Blank on a plan of immediate success with a veteran with long term success with young guy apprenticing like Green Bay has done.

Of course these guys can't be trusted to do this right. Anyone who would go all in on Desmond Ridder as the QB of the future shouldn't be trusted to mix the Gatorade much less evaluate talent.
    If they lose to the Bears and the Saints last two games, he isn't keeping Smith.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,995 Posts
    Baltimore is the best team in the NFL right now.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    Wrap up the MVP and give it to Lamar. Put ona ****ing clinic against arguably the second best team in the AFC, beat the best team in the NFC. Lamar has put on a clinic against the best teams in the NFL. He doens't have the stats, but he's clearly the league MVP.

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,814 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Oklahomahawk View Post
    I know I'm more of an old guy and an old-school fan, but didn't they used to announce over their mic when a lineman checks in as eligible? I didn't hear that last night, but refs are so terrible these days, who knows? Also, doesn't somebody at the league office record those conversations for legal purposes if nothing else? I want to know the actual truth and if there's proof there's pretty much no punishment they can deal out to those involved that I wouldn't be onboard with. Surely, if there's a recording of him reporting I want it to come out and I want everybody in the world to know what's going on here. Also, they would have to tell the defense that a lineman was eligible, wouldn't they? If they told someone on the Cowboy's defense, sooner or later they will tell it.

Yes, I'm a Cowboys fan and I want them to win, but I don't want any person or any group to have to win that way. Win at all costs and to win "no matter what" is something I'll never be OK with, no matter who it is. If there's a recording it HAS to come out, and let the chips fall where they may. Unfortunately without an actual recording of it, nothing will happen. This will be just another piece of fallout from our stupidly hyper-tribal society.
    There's clear video of Decker reporting... Skipper (70) had been reporting all day, and what seems obvious from the video is the ref simply just assumed his entering the game meant he was the one reporting. Pretty shameful from the ref and put a sour taste on an otherwise great game

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    There's clear video of Decker reporting... Skipper (70) had been reporting all day, and what seems obvious from the video is the ref simply just assumed his entering the game meant he was the one reporting. Pretty shameful from the ref and put a sour taste on an otherwise great game
    Yeah. If I was Decker I would have acted a fool and picked the flag up and threw it into the stands. But I'm not known for keeping my cool.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    Niners and Ravens in the Super Bowl unless Allen or Mahomes strap their team to their back and carry them. Latter doesn't look likely.