Page 1105 of 1150 FirstFirst ... 105605100510551095110311041105110611071115 ... LastLast
Results 22,081 to 22,100 of 22982

Thread: REAL FOOTBALL Thread

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    My dark horse lives on!
    Natural Immunity Croc

Connoisseur of Minors zitothebrave's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bravesnumberone View Post
    The Falcons never disappoint...

Surely, this has to be the end of the Arthur Smith experiment. Right?
    Hopefully. It was a disastrous season after a splashy offseason.
    Stockholm, more densely populated than NYC - sturg

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,293 Posts
    As someone who defended Artie for the last couple years, the last 3 months have been spectacularly awful. Good riddance

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chop2chip View Post
    As someone who defended Artie for the last couple years, the last 3 months have been spectacularly awful. Good riddance
    I think his freakout at the end of the game has to be the book closing on him.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,052 Posts
    Smith was fools gold from the start. He's not an offensive genius, his offense is predictable as it comes.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    You can only give a man so much rope to hang themselves with.

Smith was 7-10 his first year, that's forgivable that team was a bit trash. Once Julio left we had no hope. 7-10 in his second year, also OK, Ryan was gone and our cap was ****ed. Smith 7-10 this year. Unacceptable. We were able to go out and make huge FA gains, we've have 3 straight top 10 picks we've used on offensive player,s and with that to show we have the 22nd most efficient offense in the league.

Contrast us to the Lions. Miserable in 2021 when Campbell took over and still sucked that year. Like Atlanta they had talent absense issues. Differnece was 2021 the lions got Sewell and St. Brown 2 key players for their team now. They also turned an aging Stafford into a young talent in Goff, and used their other high pick to solve an issue with their pass rush (aiden Hutchinson)

Imagine how different this team woudl look with Sewell, Waddle, or Chase, Jordan Davis, and Bijan? We either have an even better OL than we do now. Allowing us to sunset Matthews if we desired. Or we have dynamic WR threat and don't need to take London and instead beef up our DL and then add in Bijan. Of course we still have the coach and QB issue. But I think they's semi doable. .

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    Boy the Eagles fell on their asses at the end of theseason. it's the worst way to enter the post season. The only bright spot for them is they're playing Tampa. But they'll be bounced by the divisional round with how they've been playing lately.

I don't see anyone in the NFC beating the Niners. Cowboys are probably the next best team and they're ass on the road. Detroit is the biggest threat because they're not ass on the road. But Goff has a history of melting down in the playoffs.

Niners should be able to waltz into the Super Bowl.

Ravens have a tougher path as the AFC seems to have solidified a bit lately. There's still seeding to play with. Buffalo wins they have the 2 seed. If they lose they have the 7 seed. But it just looks much better as the teams in the playoffs are generally winning (Every team will have a winning record in the last 5 games except the Dolphins if they lose today) and will have multiple teams at 4-1 (Buffalo will be 5-0 if they win, and you'd argue that the Ravens probably would also have been 5-0 if they didn't rest everyone)

Shame to me is the BRowns don't have Chubb. They could be making a deep run with Chubb and Watson. Would be a hella fun story for Flacco to lead them to a title though.

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zitothebrave View Post
    Boy the Eagles fell on their asses at the end of theseason. it's the worst way to enter the post season. The only bright spot for them is they're playing Tampa. But they'll be bounced by the divisional round with how they've been playing lately.

I don't see anyone in the NFC beating the Niners. Cowboys are probably the next best team and they're ass on the road. Detroit is the biggest threat because they're not ass on the road. But Goff has a history of melting down in the playoffs.

Niners should be able to waltz into the Super Bowl.

Ravens have a tougher path as the AFC seems to have solidified a bit lately. There's still seeding to play with. Buffalo wins they have the 2 seed. If they lose they have the 7 seed. But it just looks much better as the teams in the playoffs are generally winning (Every team will have a winning record in the last 5 games except the Dolphins if they lose today) and will have multiple teams at 4-1 (Buffalo will be 5-0 if they win, and you'd argue that the Ravens probably would also have been 5-0 if they didn't rest everyone)

Shame to me is the BRowns don't have Chubb. They could be making a deep run with Chubb and Watson. Would be a hella fun story for Flacco to lead them to a title though.
    That Ravens-SF Super Bowl should be a good one. Too bad they've never played each other in a Super Bowl. ;)

I'll tell you guys this, all the "higher seeds in the NFC, especially Dallas and Detroit had better bring their A-game. LA and GB are really playing lights out right now.

Anyway, the wife and I both have Covid AGAIN, so I'm just kinda staggering around right now. You guys wish us well if you wouldn't mind. :)

My late father-in-law didn't endow me with a whole lot of words of wisdom over the years but I think he nailed this type of situation very well (Covid). He used to say, "I feel like I was shot at and missed, and sh!t at and hit". Very accurate, IMO.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    Best of luck Hawk. Hope your second bout is better than the first.

Bills win the division. Which means we get the fun Chiefs/Dolphins which should be a pisspoor defensive game.

Will be interesting to see how Browns/Texans plays out.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,325 Posts

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,052 Posts
    Smith got what he deserved. He consistently made some of the dumbest and most baffling calls and might be the worst talent evaluator in football.

It's OVER 5,000! bravesnumberone's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,022 Posts
    If Blank and McKay are "leading" the search, prepare for more of the same.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Ultimately the right call. They showed some real flashes Sunday only to get blown out on the backs of a turnover
    Ivermectin Man

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Garmel View Post
    What's interesting is that it's basically saying they're cutting out TF, which could be a sign he's also on the chopping block.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    What's interesting is that it's basically saying they're cutting out TF, which could be a sign he's also on the chopping block.
    Nah- said this has been standard protocol with AB, and co. He will have input though
    Ivermectin Man

It's OVER 5,000! bravesnumberone's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,022 Posts
    Unless they're planning on promising everything to someone like Bellichick to be GM and coach, it's just ego stroking by Blank and McKay. How anyone would have confidence in those two to get it right would be beyond me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,993 Posts
    The Falcons would do something stupid like hiring Belichick... his talent evaluation over the past 4-6 years or so has been just as bad as Smith's... game has passed him by. I mean, I guess if we had BB we could look forward to some kickers and punters taken in the top 3 rounds.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zbhargrove View Post
    The Falcons would do something stupid like hiring Belichick... his talent evaluation over the past 4-6 years or so has been just as bad as Smith's... game has passed him by. I mean, I guess if we had BB we could look forward to some kickers and punters taken in the top 3 rounds.
    I don't think the game has passed him by. I think he needs someone to carry his offense. I don't think we're the right fit with that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,993 Posts
    I don't think the game has passed him by. I think he needs someone to carry his offense. I don't think we're the right fit with that.
    He's sure been awful at evaluating talent the past several years. God help us if he's in charge of the draft if he came over.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zbhargrove View Post
    He's sure been awful at evaluating talent the past several years. God help us if he's in charge of the draft if he came over.
    In his defense. His picks have mainly been in the back half of the draft where it's harder to get talent, but against him one of his picks in the top half was Mac Jones.