Page 1113 of 1150 FirstFirst ... 113613101310631103111111121113111411151123 ... LastLast
Results 22,241 to 22,260 of 22991

Thread: REAL FOOTBALL Thread

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,990 Posts
    Titans hire Brian Callahan, which I am thrilled about right now. He was my top target. Now maybe the Titans can finally have a QB throw for 4k yards in a season. We haven't had one since they moved to Nashville.

Connoisseur of Minors zitothebrave's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Carp View Post
    Titans hire Brian Callahan, which I am thrilled about right now. He was my top target. Now maybe the Titans can finally have a QB throw for 4k yards in a season. We haven't had one since they moved to Nashville.
    Titans have had the wild distinction of never being truly that bad. I think they only have had like 4 top 5 picks in the last like 30 years or something like that. Problem is they wasted some of those picks, For example in 2017, they have the only player in the top 5 who's not still in the NFL, Passed on all pros like Jamal Adams, Christian McCaffrey, and Patrick Mahomes. 2015 wound up being a bad draft for QBs. Jameis wasn't terrible. BUt Mariota was pretty bad. But it wasn'ta great draft, best player from that draft likely was Stefon Diggs who went 156th. 06 they drafted the second best QB, but not a super strong draft as Cutler was the onyl QB to come out ofthat draft worth a damn.

The biggest boner they made was in the 05 draft taking Adam Jones not Aaron Rodgers. That era of titans though was something special. They drafted so many headcases.
    Stockholm, more densely populated than NYC - sturg

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    Basically I could be wrong, but I think Ben Johnson or Bill Belichick are the ones we go for.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    This ****ed up but still makes me laugh. Mainly because of the Mahomes and purdy bit.

Voted Worst Poster
    '13, '14, '15 (Co-Winner)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,832 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zitothebrave View Post
    Basically I could be wrong, but I think Ben Johnson or Bill Belichick are the ones we go for.
    Carolina and Washington want Ben Johnson, or they're those teams top targets. With how much of a mess Carolina is right now with Tepper, who knows if they can get him. Money talks though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    After a coach didn't make it a year in Carolina (especially with the rumors Reich wanted stroud not Young and the Texans with Stroud wound up making the playoffs while Carolina got worse) they won't be favorites to sign anyone. They'll get the least qualified coach because no coach wants to go into that **** show.

If you were to rank the coaching vacancies you'd go

1. Chargers - Only team with a QB in place.
    2a. Falcons - Need a QB but rest of the roster is good.
    2b. Commanders - Need a lot more help than the Falcons, but they pick high enough to get Williams or Maye giving a new coach a potential franchise QB to work with.
    3. Seahawks - Need a bit of a facelift, but a very good team who should be playoff competitive right away.
    4. Raiders - Roster has talent, needs a QB, but I would be a bit tentative about going there as the lockerroom wants Pierce as the coach. So unlike other jobs you'll have a huge climb to win the lockerroom over unless you can convince Pierce to stay on as a DCoord.
    5. Panters - Dumpster fire.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,294 Posts
    Raiders already hired Pearce as HC

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,990 Posts
    Seahawks gotta be higher than the Commanders and at least on par with Atlanta. Only caveat for Seattle is playing in the NFC West with San Fran and LA. But the Commanders have it just as bad, if not worse in the NFC East, but with a much weaker roster than Seattle.

Seattle needs to find their future at QB, but Geno Smith has proven he can win games in the meantime.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,053 Posts
    There are supposedly 7 teams interested in Arthur Smith for OC. No idea why after seeing him refuse to use Pitts, London, and Robinson like they should have been.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chop2chip View Post
    Raiders already hired Pearce as HC
    I missed that one. Smart move from them if they didn't want to lose the lockerroom. Especially after I think it was Crosby who said he'd request a trade if they didn't keep him.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    Seahawks gotta be higher than the Commanders and at least on par with Atlanta. Only caveat for Seattle is playing in the NFC West with San Fran and LA. But the Commanders have it just as bad, if not worse in the NFC East, but with a much weaker roster than Seattle.

Seattle needs to find their future at QB, but Geno Smith has proven he can win games in the meantime.
    Seattle I docked a little bit because they could have impending ownership issues. Steve Allen. as part of his will. will be dissolving all his assets and donating the proceeds. I believe I read for Tax reasons nothing will happen til at least 2025 but this could be a future issue. This could be good as it could inject a new owner who's excited to run the organization and is a great football owner, or it could be another tepper who ruins the Franchise. NFL doesn't have the issue with owners tanking spending to record profits like MLB. But it has a different owner issue where a too involved owner can ruin the team.

Seattle also will not be in a position to have a long term QB for a long time. They're too good to be bad enough. But who knows.

Voted Worst Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,832 Posts

Washington isnt the best job but they have a really good ownership which matters. And a ton of cap space. Roster needs some work though, especially on the defensive side. But they have pieces on offense with Robinson, Terry, Dotson and they'll probably get Maye or Williams to go with that.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,990 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Heyward View Post
    Washington isnt the best job but they have a really good ownership which matters. And a ton of cap space. Roster needs some work though, especially on the defensive side. But they have pieces on offense with Robinson, Terry, Dotson and they'll probably get Maye or Williams to go with that.
    McLaurin is solid but he'll be 29 to start next season. Dotson and Robinson are nothing special. Robinson is a starting caliber RB I suppose, but that isn't particularly special in today's NFL.

Aside from Cosmi and Leno Jr (who is 33) their OL is trash. They have nothing at TE. Defensively, they traded their best players this year. The best thing you can say about Washington is that they are clean slate with a lot of picks and are a lock to get either Maye or Williams with their first pick.
    Last edited by Carp; 01-24-2024 at 12:46 PM.

Voted Worst Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,832 Posts
    McLaurin is solid but he'll be 29 to start next season. Dotson and Robinson are nothing special. Robinson is a starting caliber RB I suppose, but that isn't particularly special in today's NFL.
    I'm not saying it's the best job out there but it's not a bottom end NFL job. Given ownership, cap space, and you'll probably get one of the top QB's to work with.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    The best thing you can say about Washington is that they are clean slate with a lot of picks and are a lock to get either Maye or Williams with their first pick.
    That's what a lot of coaches would want. Especially if given leash from the coach. Start the year with howell. ANd slowly work Maye/Williams in.

They have basically 6 top 100 picks. THat gets you a lot of talent. If you tank for a year to get another high pick, to get a star Edge, OT or WR.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    Scuttlebutt from Schefter is chargers get Harbaugh.

Falcons still have another interview with Vrabel.

Just sign Bill before we wind up on the outside looking in.

Voted Worst Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,832 Posts
    Panthers hiring Canales, Bucs OC. Think that's a good hire for them given the rep of Tepper being in control and whatnot.

Commanders: Ben Johnson, Seattle: Quinn, Atlanta: would guess Bill, if not him i dont even know.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,990 Posts
    No MVP for Purdy. Dak is a finalist, but zero chance he takes it. It will almost assuredly be Lamar. 2 MVPs puts him in some pretty elite company for a QB most don't generally consider to be elite.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    No MVP for Purdy. Dak is a finalist, but zero chance he takes it. It will almost assuredly be Lamar. 2 MVPs puts him in some pretty elite company for a QB most don't generally consider to be elite.
    I said it before, a healthy Lamar is one of the best players in the NFL. He doesn't put up stats but he wins. Something like 58-19. Lamar is what pundits think Cam was.

Issue for him has been health.