Page 1139 of 1150 FirstFirst ... 139639103910891129113711381139114011411149 ... LastLast
Results 22,761 to 22,780 of 22998

Thread: REAL FOOTBALL Thread

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,008 Posts
    Early in the 3rd, Refs spotted a Kelce reception poorly right at the sticks. Replay showed he clearly was right at the line to gain, yet they spotted him a full yard back. Next play KC got stuffed on the 3rd and short and had to punt.

The refs also clearly missed the spot on the Kelce reception on the game tying drive. Mahomes had to run for the 1st down on the next play so it ended up not mattering.

So the calls went both ways all game. The Chiefs actually had more penalty yards, yet thethe wants to act like the Refs were completely in the Chiefs favor, lol.
    Last edited by Carp; 02-13-2024 at 01:26 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,906 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Carp View Post
    Early in the 3rd, Refs spotted a Kelce reception poorly right at the sticks. Replay showed he clearly was right at the line to gain, yet they spotted him a full yard back. Next play KC got stuffed on the 3rd and short and had to punt.

The refs also clearly missed the spot on the Kelce reception on the game tying drive. Mahomes had to run for the 1st down on the next play so it ended up not mattering.

So the calls went both ways all game. The Chiefs actually had more penalty yards, yet thethe wants to act like the Refs were completely in the Chiefs favor, lol.
    First is a challengeable play and Chiefs should have done that.

Show me the egregious holds that weren't called on the niners. There have been clips of 3 plays that Chiefs clearly held that ending up being game changing pivotal plays.
    Natural Immunity Croc

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,008 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    First is a challengeable play and Chiefs should have done that.

Show me the egregious holds that weren't called on the niners. There have been clips of 3 plays that Chiefs clearly held that ending up being game changing pivotal plays.
    Challengeable or not, it was a poor spot that benefitted the Niners. And spot reviews are RARELY overturned. It's something like less than 5% of spot reviews are overturned. No team is gonna waste their challenge on a spot call unless is egregious or a 4th down play, because odds are that it won't get overturned.

Refs also incorrectly called a horse collar penalty against the Chiefs early in the 2nd.
    Last edited by Carp; 02-13-2024 at 02:06 PM.

Connoisseur of Minors zitothebrave's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    Bring the support to the table. The holds that these people are showing were EGREGIOUS and significantly impacted the play.
    The hold in the post I quoted isn't egregious and honesty is rarely called. It was a bad looking block but it wasn't a bad hold. The mistake happened when the spin failed. Giving up your back to an OL is the worst thing because no ref will call holding in that scenario unless you're being drug down to the ground.

But you asked watch williams on this play see the defender try to get away and see the pad and jersey pull?

Also 64 is 5-6 yards past the line of scrimmage before CMC crosses it. If my memory is correct, you're allowed to continue blocking a guy downfield. Aka someone tries to blow up your screen and you get leverage and drive them you can be downfield but he's never engaged in a block at all.

Even with that 74 is past the line at the throw and 68 is committing OPI because he's stopping someone from going for an interception. It's why gadget plays like that are almost never called because the opportunity for someone to do something illegal are monumental.

Let's also talk about the non-defensive holding called on McDuffie

Stockholm, more densely populated than NYC - sturg

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    Challengeable or not, it was a poor spot that benefitted the Niners. And spot reviews are RARELY overturned. It's something like less than 5% of spot reviews are overturned. No team is gonna waste their challenge on a spot call unless is egregious or a 4th down play, because odds are that it won't get overturned.

Refs also incorrectly called a horse collar penalty against the Chiefs early in the 2nd.
    Also usually they're only overturned if there's a significant gain, like more than a yard. Often they'd rather not admit they're wrong than give half or 3/4 of a yard.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,008 Posts
    Blantant hold by Aiyuk here not called:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,906 Posts
    Blantant hold by Aiyuk here not called:

He is engaged with hi on his chest the whole way and then after the ball carrier passes him there looks to be a MILD hold. Not even close to the no calls on Bosa/Warner that allowed Mahomes to make GAME CHNAGING Plays.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,906 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zitothebrave View Post
    The hold in the post I quoted isn't egregious and honesty is rarely called. It was a bad looking block but it wasn't a bad hold. The mistake happened when the spin failed. Giving up your back to an OL is the worst thing because no ref will call holding in that scenario unless you're being drug down to the ground.

But you asked watch williams on this play see the defender try to get away and see the pad and jersey pull?

Also 64 is 5-6 yards past the line of scrimmage before CMC crosses it. If my memory is correct, you're allowed to continue blocking a guy downfield. Aka someone tries to blow up your screen and you get leverage and drive them you can be downfield but he's never engaged in a block at all.

Even with that 74 is past the line at the throw and 68 is committing OPI because he's stopping someone from going for an interception. It's why gadget plays like that are almost never called because the opportunity for someone to do something illegal are monumental.

Again - These aren't even as close to the instances that I presented and its funny you think these are counters.
    Natural Immunity Croc

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,008 Posts
    He is engaged with hi on his chest the whole way and then after the ball carrier passes him there looks to be a MILD hold. Not even close to the no calls on Bosa/Warner that allowed Mahomes to make GAME CHNAGING Plays.
    Give me a break dude. He's literally grabbing his jersey the entire play and then yanks him down when the runner passes by. Mild hold my ass. This is why no one takes you seriously. You have zero ability to be objective on anything.

Chiefs had more calls go against them, hence the more penalty yards. Which included a bad horse collar call in the 2nd and a very questionable defensive holding penalty in OT that extended the Niners drive.
    Last edited by Carp; 02-13-2024 at 03:10 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    Again - These aren't even as close to the instances that I presented and its funny you think these are counters.
    The fact you think the "hold" where the spin failed and the DL was able to be contained with open arms is a hold. But cannot acknowledge that Williams holding a DE from being able to move backwards because of a hold and get a sack, ignore that, how is williams not ragdolling a safety a blatant hold You're not allowed to do that.

Learn a bit about football before you try and come at me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,906 Posts
    The fact you think the "hold" where the spin failed and the DL was able to be contained with open arms is a hold. But cannot acknowledge that Williams holding a DE from being able to move backwards because of a hold and get a sack, ignore that, how is williams not ragdolling a safety a blatant hold You're not allowed to do that.

Learn a bit about football before you try and come at me.
    You guys are presenting ticky tack whereas the ones the others have posted on twitter were BLATANT.

I'm sure I could go over the game film and bring 20 others that are of the same ilk that you guys brought to the table.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts

I realize now my youtube shortcut isn't working with the preview. For those who want to see the horrible hold followed by him throwing a safety skip to 1:53. Then watch the next play.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    You guys are presenting ticky tack whereas the ones the others have posted on twitter were BLATANT.

I'm sure I could go over the game film and bring 20 others that are of the same ilk that you guys brought to the table.
    You haven't shwon anything close to as bad as the 2 I highlighted. WIlliams literally held someone from a sack and didn't let them get away. The most commonly caloled hold. Then threw a defender, the next most commonly called one.

You're grasping at straws because you cannot accept that depsite having the most talent around him, Purdy choked.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,915 Posts
    Goodness gracious

It doesn't matter.
    Ivermectin Man

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Tapate50 For This Useful Post:

Garmel (02-13-2024)

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,008 Posts

The Aiyuk hold was NOT ticky tacky. He literally yanked him down after holding him the every second since the snap was made.

Neither was the incorrect call on the horse collar ticky tacky. It was clear as day that it wasn't a horse collar. I'm pretty sure even announcers made the remark it shouldn't have been called.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tapate50 View Post
    Goodness gracious

It doesn't matter.
    No because Shanahan blew another half time lead. Only pain to that man until the Falcons win a superbowl, which probably will take longer than his coaching career will last.

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,827 Posts
    Wow firing Wilkes.

From an outsider, thought we was doing awesome?

19. The Following User Says Thank You to sturg33 For This Useful Post:

Tapate50 (02-16-2024)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    Wow firing Wilkes.

From an outsider, thought we was doing awesome?
    Yeah, I don't really get that. Wilks was fine all year long. I don't think he ****ed up in the playoffs. It was the offense that shat the bed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,745 Posts
    No because Shanahan blew another half time lead. Only pain to that man until the Falcons win a superbowl, which probably will take longer than his coaching career will last.
    Bold of you to assume they will ever win a SB. Maybe in the year 3028.
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,906 Posts
    https://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/artic...13132_39976396

“They were behind in those other playoff games and he didn’t flinch. ... He didn’t flinch in this game," Spagnuolo said about Purdy during an appearance on the 'ALL NFL' podcast that's part of the ALLCITY Network, as shared by Tzvi Machlin of The Spun. "(Chiefs linebacker) Nick Bolton hit him once right after he got rid of the ball. … A couple other shots that he took and I don’t think he got flustered at all."

Purdy is so legit. Niners need to start thinking about bolstering the offensive line and working with younger wide receivers/tight ends in the draft. People are going to start seeing that he will be able to work with lesser weapons because of how well he can read defenses and throw with anticipation.
    Natural Immunity Croc