Page 151 of 1150 FirstFirst ... 51101141149150151152153161201251651 ... LastLast
Results 3,001 to 3,020 of 22984

Thread: REAL FOOTBALL Thread

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ESP47 View Post
    I guess it makes sense. I'd still rather take my chances on Josh Gordon. Especially since we should be getting an extra 2nd rounder thanks to Alex Smith. Gordon has put up some nice stats without having a QB worth a damn. He's a possible #1 kind of guy who's young and still under contract for a few years. I'd take the risk.
    I probably would too. Gordon is crazy talented. I didn't hear much of him in the supplemental draft, especially to THIS degree. He can do it all. If (HUGE IF) he can stay clean, boy the skys the limit.
    Ivermectin Man

Voted Worst Poster
    '13, '14, '15 (Co-Winner)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,832 Posts
    I do remember you said VD was around 50% then he nearly goes off for 200 yards and two touchdowns?

Thats one he'll of a healing job from him.l

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Heyward View Post
    I do remember you said VD was around 50% then he nearly goes off for 200 yards and two touchdowns?

Thats one he'll of a healing job from him.l
    He also has metal claws that come out of his hands when he gets pissed.
    Ivermectin Man

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Funny that everyone remembers and yet they can't find where I said it.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,739 Posts
    This has to be one of the most blatant holds I have ever seen. Based on where Junior Gallete is and where Brady is in his throwing motion I think he gets to Brady before he can finish that throw.

http://www.juanelway.com/just-a-slig...td-pass-photo/

I didnt get to watch the end of the Saints-Pats game or I would probably be more upset over this. Saints are still going to win the division. Its a non conference loss and Payton was out coached by Belicheck. Pats played to win, Payton played not to lose. Nothing I can do but congratulate the Pats on the epic skill required to commit penalties without getting called for them. No wonder Nate Soldier is the top rated LT in the game right now.
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.

Voted Worst Poster
    2015 (Co-Winner)
    2018 (Unanimous)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,185 Posts
    I think tonight's game is gonna be a good one. Rivers is firing on all cylinders and Luck is getting his first chance on MNF.

Voted Worst Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,832 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    I said I believe he will be a great Qb. Never ever said he was top 5 already. Of course his performance so far this year has me dissapointed. How could it not? But, I am willing to hold out final judgement until he finally has some healthy options out there on the field. Last time Davis was healthy the offense was dominant. I expect the same when Manningham/Crab come back in addition to Davis getting healthy.

Kaep still has ridiculous potential and my long term outlook has not changed about him. What I don't understand is why you guys think its crazy that I think the way I do about him. There have been MANY others that follow the game for a living who have said the same things about Kaep so maybe thats closer to the truth then anyone here wants to admit.
    He had two awful games this season. One in Seattle which he has demons to exercise and another against Indy without Vernon so he basically had Boldin and a bunch of guys who aren't that good or aren't ready to be contributors.

You will say these are excuses but against the Texans (not sure if you saw the game) he had Vernon wide open on the sideline and threw him a pass that if Vernon was even slightly healthy he would have caught it. Even the announcers said that was the first time they could visably notice that Davis wasn't running well. Another ball he threaded the needle to Davis that while it wasn't an easy catch it was dropped. Kaep put it in the absolute perfect spot in between defenders where only his guy could make the catch. All of a sudden his game looks a lot better if those plays are made and will be made when Davis gets healthy.

Also, it was clear the 49ers were going to destroy the Texans mid way through the second quarter. There was no reason to try and run any plays with a depleted WR/TE unit. Schaub is a horrible QB.
    Not 50% but best I could find.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    92 Posts
    I'm so jealous of the Colts. They go from Peyton to Luck with only one year of sucking in between the two. Meanwhile I'm stuck watching Matt Schaub and the even worse T.J. Yates throw pick 6s every damn week. I think if Indy wins tonight, the division is already locked up for them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    I don't know if its just because he is getting used to the system but Trent has not made much of an impact with the Colts.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    92 Posts
    Come on Chargers, please win while giving up a ton of points to Reggie Wayne.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,122 Posts
    I don't know if its just because he is getting used to the system but Trent has not made much of an impact with the Colts.
    It's because he's a RB and there are few great ones. IMO, he isn't a great one, or one of the better ones. Hence why I think it was smart for the new Browns regime to trade him and get a 1st rounder back. Someone as good as him or better will be found in this years draft in the 3rd-7th round. Lesean McCoy is the best back in the league and he went like mid-2nd.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,298 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by yeezus View Post
    It's because he's a RB and there are few great ones. IMO, he isn't a great one, or one of the better ones. Hence why I think it was smart for the new Browns regime to trade him and get a 1st rounder back. Someone as good as him or better will be found in this years draft in the 3rd-7th round. Lesean McCoy is the best back in the league and he went like mid-2nd.
    You think shady better then AP?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Agreed. I thought at the time it was a great deal for Cleveland. I would never take a RB in the first two rounds. Just pointless.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Playing the Waiting Game Bdawg2309's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    86 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TURBO View Post
    so far at this point in the season, yeah

Voted Worst Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,832 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TURBO View Post
    I do too, and I love AP.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,298 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Heyward View Post
    I do too, and I love AP.
    But teams dont go all out to stop Shady. AP has to face 8 men boxes all game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    92 Posts
    Good deal, Colts lose and Reggie Wayne did just enough to win my fantasy football game. Now if the Broncos can just do me a favor and win next week while Houston pulls off the upset over KC and suddenly the Texans are right back in the division chase. Delusional belief in the Texans still alive!

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,990 Posts
    Yes, guys get healthier over the course of time. Do you understand basic biology?

Or may be you're jsut FOS and the injury wasn't nearly as bad as you made it out to be

Connoisseur of Minors zitothebrave's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    That is some mighty flawed analysis. Since Brees, Brady, and Rodgers weren't top picks then no NFL team should ever draft a QB number 1!!! Heck Brady was a 6th round pick, why pick a QB in the first 5?

McCoy fell because he went to Pitt. If he went to Texas or Bama he would have been a high pick.

Look at what most people consider the consensus top backs in the NFL and where they were drafted

Peterson - 1st
    Lynch - 1st
    Foster - Undrafted
    Rice - 2nd
    McCoy - 2nd
    Doug Martin - 1st
    Jamaal Charles - 3rd
    Spiller - 1st

I could go on but you see a trend, while many top RBs slip through (same with top OL, QB, DL, etc.) in general you get your best players in the first.

As far as why RIchardson isn't getting too much of the ball or taking too many snaps the biggest reason is probably because unlike everyone else on the team he hasn't had all offseason and training camp to learn the plays. As the season progresses expect to see an upswing in his stats.
    Stockholm, more densely populated than NYC - sturg

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Carp View Post
    Or may be you're jsut FOS and the injury wasn't nearly as bad as you made it out to be
    Or maybe if you ever watched the 49ers you would have realized that Davis wasn't even close to 100% for a couple of weeks. But thats ok...you still think that Chris Johnson is good.
    Natural Immunity Croc