Page 170 of 1150 FirstFirst ... 70120160168169170171172180220270670 ... LastLast
Results 3,381 to 3,400 of 22985

Thread: REAL FOOTBALL Thread

Voted Worst Poster
    2015 (Co-Winner)
    2018 (Unanimous)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,185 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by yeezus View Post
    kind of like the nfc west a few years ago...should we have contracted them?

#****idiotssay
    Calm down little cow girl.

Voted Worst Poster
    2015 (Co-Winner)
    2018 (Unanimous)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,185 Posts
    Dallas can have the proclaimed second best receiver and hover around .500 all season long. **** you Cowboys!

It's OVER 5,000! bravesnumberone's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,023 Posts
    Jesus Christ, I'm tired of having no ****ing secondary. At least the Falcons could finish 3-13 and get a damn good draft pick.

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,790 Posts
    Ok, I'll petition the NFL and say forced turnovers should no longer count. Not sure why they're part of the game, really. They mean nothing.
    I didn't say the Cowboys played great. But it's HILARIOUS to say "Oh, they scored two TDs on two bad plays and forced 4 turnovers, but OTHER THAN THOSE HUGE PLAYS, they should have been blown out." Great analysis. Again, did you just started watching football? That's not how football works. Those plays count. They're big plays. Sean Lee played an amazing game on defense and kept them in it, the same way CJ kept the Lions in the game.

But I mean other than Calvin Johnson, the Lions should have been blown out. Am I doing it right?
    Yeah, I started watching football this morning. Teach me oh wise one.

I'm not sure what you're arguing here. Of course the plays count, and the only stat that matters at the end of the day is points. My whole comment was saying the Cowboys were very lucky to have been in the game - because the Lions steamrolled over their defense at will, and the Cowboys offense did little if anything throughout the game. The only reason you were in the game is because we turned the ball over 4 times (each in Cowboy territory). At least two of those were really stupid/flukey plays from the Lions perspective, that fell in the lap of the Cowboys (like the first INT by Lee). If you want to make the argument that the Cowboys played awesome because of 4 turnovers, despite giving up over 600 yards, have at it. We'll just disagree.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,122 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NinersSBChamps View Post
    Dallas can have the proclaimed second best receiver and hover around .500 all season long. **** you Cowboys!
    that has absolutely nothing to do with what we're talking about.
    but you're pretty stupid, so i see why you're confused.
    sigh...a wise man told me not to argue with fools.

Voted Worst Poster
    2015 (Co-Winner)
    2018 (Unanimous)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,185 Posts
    that has absolutely nothing to do with what we're talking about.
    but you're pretty stupid, so i see why you're confused.
    sigh...a wise man told me not to argue with fools.
    Just go back to mediocrity Dallas fan.

Outskirts Of Mobile, Alabama. Roll Tide!!!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,814 Posts
    Reading Twitter and Jerry Jones is answering questions about injuries. Um, isn't that the job of the head coach? Shouldn't Garrett be answering those questions? Jerry Jones never met a microphone he didn't like.
    Chopping With The Braves And Rolling With The Tide

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,122 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    Yeah, I started watching football this morning. Teach me oh wise one.

I'm not sure what you're arguing here. Of course the plays count, and the only stat that matters at the end of the day is points. My whole comment was saying the Cowboys were very lucky to have been in the game - because the Lions steamrolled over their defense at will, and the Cowboys offense did little if anything throughout the game. The only reason you were in the game is because we turned the ball over 4 times (each in Cowboy territory). At least two of those were really stupid/flukey plays from the Lions perspective, that fell in the lap of the Cowboys (like the first INT by Lee). If you want to make the argument that the Cowboys played awesome because of 4 turnovers, despite giving up over 600 yards, have at it. We'll just disagree.

Oh man. It's almost like you don't even read.
    I never said the Cowboys played awesome, great, good, amazing, gramazing, outstanding, etc etc etc.
    I did say, however, that you can't say a team who forced 4 turnovers and had ZERO "shouldn't be in the game." That's just stupid, and yes, anyone who's watched football for a while SHOULD know that. It's common sense. You can't discredit the great game Sean Lee had. The defense gave up more critical plays than they made, and that's why they lost. The defense, in totality, played awful. Obviously. But they made some plays that kept them hanging around, which happens in NFL games.

Again, without Calvin Johnson, the Lions really didn't play that well, so they shouldn't have been in the game. Same idea. Does that make sense to you?

Outskirts Of Mobile, Alabama. Roll Tide!!!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,814 Posts
    Since I'm still in a ranting mood:

I wish some of the past Cowboys, those who took real pride in wearing the star on their helmet, would come out and openly question about what the heck is going on with the franchise? Question why this once proud franchise remains mired in mediocrity since 1996. Guys like Emmitt Smith, Roger Staubach, Michael Irvin, Darren Woodson, Tony Dorsett, Drew Pearson. Someone needs to seriously air out Jones and company. Just stupid to watch week after week.

Tom Landry would roll over in his grave if he knew what was going on with the proud franchise he built.
    Chopping With The Braves And Rolling With The Tide

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,790 Posts
    Oh man. It's almost like you don't even read.
    I never said the Cowboys played awesome, great, good, amazing, gramazing, outstanding, etc etc etc.
    I did say, however, that you can't say a team who forced 4 turnovers and had ZERO "shouldn't be in the game." That's just stupid, and yes, anyone who's watched football for a while SHOULD know that. It's common sense. You can't discredit the great game Sean Lee had. The defense gave up more critical plays than they made, and that's why they lost. The defense, in totality, played awful. Obviously. But they made some plays that kept them hanging around, which happens in NFL games.

Again, without Calvin Johnson, the Lions really didn't play that well, so they shouldn't have been in the game. Same idea. Does that make sense to you?
    No it doesn't make sense. That's literally the dumbest thing I've all week.

Have a nice week. Congrats on "deserving to be in the game." Maybe you would have even won the game if you didn't get outgained by 355 yards. Maybe

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,122 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NinersSBChamps View Post
    Just go back to mediocrity Dallas fan.
    We weren't talking about how good dallas is. I addressed you saying the current class of NFL WRs is weak, which I'm pretty no analyst or anyone that knows anything about all of he freak WRs in the league would say. So instead of addressing that, you change the argument in to something totally different. That's indicative of a person who is pretty ignorant and stupid, and, surprise surprise, look who it is...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,122 Posts
    No it doesn't make sense. That's literally the dumbest thing I've all week.

Have a nice week. Congrats on "deserving to be in the game." Maybe you would have even won the game if you didn't get outgained by 355 yards. Maybe
    Right. It's dumb to say. I agree. That's essentially what you're doing. Anyone can look at that game and say Lee played great and kept them in it. The plays he made were great plays and they count. Therefore, the Cowboys remained in the game because of some bad plays by the Lions (which count, just like the good ones) or great plays by certain defenders (which also count, just like the bad ones count).

0 turnovers and 4 forced turnovers (whether or not you consider them actually "forced") will keep teams in games.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,900 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bravesnumberone View Post
    Jesus Christ, I'm tired of having no ****ing secondary. At least the Falcons could finish 3-13 and get a damn good draft pick.
    Yup!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,790 Posts
    Right. It's dumb to say. I agree. That's essentially what you're doing. Anyone can look at that game and say Lee played great and kept them in it. The plays he made were great plays and they count. Therefore, the Cowboys remained in the game because of some bad plays by the Lions (which count, just like the good ones) or great plays by certain defenders (which also count, just like the bad ones count).

0 turnovers and 4 forced turnovers (whether or not you consider them actually "forced") will keep teams in games.
    Sean Lee is a great player and had a great game. The first interception was a dropped pass that literally fell in his lap. In my opinion, that isn't a great play from the Cowboys, it's a bad play from the Lions.

The Reggie Bush fumble was a bad play by the Lions.

The Calvin Johnson fumble was a bad play from the Lions.

Those plays did happen, and therefore, the game was close. My whole point is that if we don't make stupid/flukey mistakes, the game is a blowout. Every single one of those 4 turnovers came in your territory, so we were very likely to score a few times.

So I guess you're just arguing semantics with me. Were the Cowboys in the game? Of course. Should they have been (based on how the offense and defense performed)?, of course not.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,122 Posts
    Sean Lee is one of, if not the, best LBs in the league. His great plays keep a team in the game just the same as CJ's great plays do. They ALLLLLLLL count. I didn't see 4 "flukey" plays for the Lions defense (even though it played very well overall). But to say a team that didn't turn the ball over at all and forced 4 "shouldn't have been in the game" is just not how football works, or has ever worked. Costly turnovers cost teams games all the time. Trust me, I know.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,122 Posts
    Sean Lee is a great player and had a great game. The first interception was a dropped pass that literally fell in his lap. In my opinion, that isn't a great play from the Cowboys, it's a bad play from the Lions.

The Reggie Bush fumble was a bad play by the Lions.

The Calvin Johnson fumble was a bad play from the Lions.

Those plays did happen, and therefore, the game was close. My whole point is that if we don't make stupid/flukey mistakes, the game is a blowout. Every single one of those 4 turnovers came in your territory, so we were very likely to score a few times.

So I guess you're just arguing semantics with me. Were the Cowboys in the game? Of course. Should they have been (based on how the offense and defense performed)?, of course not.
    A dropped pass that was dropped because of tight, good coverage, and Lee was right around the ball - as he always is - which is what great LBs do. If he isn't always around the ball, the drop might fall incomplete. He's great and always there, so it doesn't. Stupid mistakes are stupid mistakes, and they can cost team games. You don't get to eliminate them from analysis of the game. They were plays that were made by the Cowboys, or not made by the Lions. Either way, they happened, and when they happen, a team should be in the game - as the Cowboys were.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Maybe we shouldn't have crowned Denver just yet.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,790 Posts
    A dropped pass that was dropped because of tight, good coverage, and Lee was right around the ball - as he always is - which is what great LBs do. If he isn't always around the ball, the drop might fall incomplete. He's great and always there, so it doesn't. Stupid mistakes are stupid mistakes, and they can cost team games. You don't get to eliminate them from analysis of the game. They were plays that were made by the Cowboys, or not made by the Lions. Either way, they happened, and when they happen, a team should be in the game - as the Cowboys were.
    Ok - this is literally such a dumb argument so this is my last point.

The turnovers are the reason you guys had a chance. Otherwise, you shouldn't have been in the game and were very fortunately to have been. That's all I'm saying. I'm going to enjoy our victory.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,122 Posts
    Turnovers are a hugely important part of the game. Great teams rarely give up 4 and force 0 and expect to win. You can go 98 yards, but if the ball is turned over in the end zone, it's not great football. When it happens 4 times compared to 0 for the other? It's a huge factor. And when they happen, they are the great equalizers.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Sean Lee is one of, if not the, best LBs in the league. His great plays keep a team in the game just the same as CJ's great plays do. They ALLLLLLLL count. I didn't see 4 "flukey" plays for the Lions defense (even though it played very well overall). But to say a team that didn't turn the ball over at all and forced 4 "shouldn't have been in the game" is just not how football works, or has ever worked. Costly turnovers cost teams games all the time. Trust me, I know.

At best he is third best!
    Natural Immunity Croc