Page 359 of 1150 FirstFirst ... 259309349357358359360361369409459859 ... LastLast
Results 7,161 to 7,180 of 22985

Thread: REAL FOOTBALL Thread

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BRule View Post
    The bloom is off the Harbaugh rose....Someone will trade for him but the 49ers aren't getting what Oakland got for Gruden.
    I don't agree with this at all. Some team will give Harbaugh full control and will be very happy with that decision. He is a great coach and potentially could be an all time guy. He has done a spectacular job everywhere he has been. About 90% of the owners in the league iwll think about getting this guy.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Heyward View Post
    SF has a lot of their key guys signed for the next 2-3 years at least.

Sea has MOST of their key guys making nothing, notably Sherman/Wilson/Thomas who will/could take up 1/3 of their cap.

Guys like Anthony Davis, VD, Bowman, Willis, Staley, Boone are all signed for the next 2-3 years.

Only ones to sign are Iupati, Crab, Aldon, Kap.

Obviously will be hard to keep all 4 but they should be able to keep 3 of them.

And SF has like 500 picks and can reload every year, i think they'll have something like 6 picks in the first 3 rounds this year.

Along with Tank/Lattimore playing some next season.
    Don't forget about Lemonier who was really good when Smith was out and a bunch of other draft picks who performed well on special teams.

If Kaep takes every penny then they are in a rough spot but if its reasonable they will be fine.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Voted Worst Poster
    '13, '14, '15 (Co-Winner)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,832 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    Don't forget about Lemonier who was really good when Smith was out and a bunch of other draft picks who performed well on special teams.

If Kaep takes every penny then they are in a rough spot but if its reasonable they will be fine.
    I saw around 15-16 today as the floor, thats manageable, not great, but about market value.

Even still, as i said, SF has those 4 as the key ones, everyone else is signed for awhile.

Voted Worst Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,832 Posts
    Harbs is a great coach but if its Baalke or Harbs, you gotta go with the GM.

Plenty of coaches would love to coach SF with the talent they have.

Connoisseur of Minors zitothebrave's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    Niners have more than just those 4 coming up.

Smith, Gore, Kaepernick, Kilgore, Crabtree, Hunter, Skuta (aka Smith's backup), Vernon Davis, Justin Smith, Alex Boone, Carlos Rogers, Ray McDonald, and someone else I'm forgetting all have to be kept or replaced in the next 2 seasons. THe Niners best shot to win is this season, after that things are more up in the air. They're well positioned for the future with their picks, that's for sure, but all those picks could bust out.
    Stockholm, more densely populated than NYC - sturg

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    282 Posts
    I don't agree with this at all. Some team will give Harbaugh full control and will be very happy with that decision. He is a great coach and potentially could be an all time guy. He has done a spectacular job everywhere he has been. About 90% of the owners in the league iwll think about getting this guy.
    0 NCAA titles and 0 SB rings

If an owner is dumb enough to give him 10 mil per and full control,
    Good luck with that. You usually have to win something before you can demand that kinda coin.
    The Atlanta Braves signed Nick Markakis for 4/45 - Never forget 12/3/2014

"Klay Thompson > James Harden" - Heyward

"Chris Bosh is the MVP of the Miami Heat" - Heyward

"Hibbert is better than Dwight Howard"- Heyward

"Steven Adams will be a top 10 center in two years - thethe

7. The Following User Says Thank You to BRule For This Useful Post:

NinersSBChamps (02-24-2014)

Connoisseur of Minors zitothebrave's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    Barr performed well in the other aspects of the combine. 4.66 40 1.56 10 yard split (one of my favorite additions whenever they decided to do it) 6.82 3 cone 34.5 vert 9-11 broad. All of those are near the top of the charted (except that Shazier blew everyone out of the water at jumping with a 42 and 10-10)

But Mack outshined him so you have to believe he's locked his place as the first OLB or second DE off the board. He was stronger and more powerful jumping than Barr. Barr has more upside because of his size, but the Combine settled that he's not a superior athlete to Mack and for that reason I think it's locked in that Mack has jumped Barr.

I'm not opposed to trading out though still. I'm not a fan of Mack or Barr enough that I'd jump for joy with them at 6. If Watkins slips we have a potential bidding war for his services. Lions and Rams both need a WE. Maybe we can get a slew of picks if they get into a bidding war. Down there we still likely can get one of Barr or Mack, Lewan, Donald (who's intriguing me the more I watch him) Nix, Jernigan, Martin or Hageman, basically a number of players who'll instantly improve the team and we potentially could add a player like Travis Swanson or Kyle Van Noy. Or someone like that.

Basically Clowney or trade out is my hope. More I look into the class the more I'm recertified in that belief.
    Stockholm, more densely populated than NYC - sturg

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    0 NCAA titles and 0 SB rings

If an owner is dumb enough to give him 10 mil per and full control,
    Good luck with that. You usually have to win something before you can demand that kinda coin.
    Yes, you should wait till you win for something like that to be demanded but just winning a game or two doesn't change the type of coach you are. Harbaugh is a great coach and some team is going to pay him for that. My preference is just to keep the guy that drafted all this talent on the 49ers. In a perfect world I would never want to see him go.

Also, are we really going to hold Harbaughs college career against him? When the SEC basically just gets every damn player they can. Yes, Harbaugh had Luck but the overall quality of teams between the SEC and everyone else is staggering.
    Last edited by thethe; 02-25-2014 at 08:29 AM.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zitothebrave View Post
    Niners have more than just those 4 coming up.

Smith, Gore, Kaepernick, Kilgore, Crabtree, Hunter, Skuta (aka Smith's backup), Vernon Davis, Justin Smith, Alex Boone, Carlos Rogers, Ray McDonald, and someone else I'm forgetting all have to be kept or replaced in the next 2 seasons. THe Niners best shot to win is this season, after that things are more up in the air. They're well positioned for the future with their picks, that's for sure, but all those picks could bust out.
    Gore is towards the end of his career and at this time his production can be replaced by a solid 3rd round pick or someone on the roster (Lattimore/James/Hunter). Some of the guys you are referencing are backups and those guys won't be difficult to replace. Justin Smith is towards the end of his career but just signed an extension so that isn't a worry. Carlos Rodgers is starting to decline.

Most of htese guys basically are not a hinderance on the cap. The big guys are Kaep/Smith/Crabtree. There is a lot of cheap talent on the roster and if the previous draft record of Baalke is an indicator of future success then I think the 49ers are still sitting pretty. But, it will all depend on what the above three guys are going to want in FA. Hopefully Kaep sets the tone and doesn't take every dime he can get.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,900 Posts
    Gore is towards the end of his career and at this time his production can be replaced by a solid 3rd round pick or someone on the roster (Lattimore/James/Hunter). Some of the guys you are referencing are backups and those guys won't be difficult to replace. Justin Smith is towards the end of his career but just signed an extension so that isn't a worry. Carlos Rodgers is starting to decline.

Most of htese guys basically are not a hinderance on the cap. The big guys are Kaep/Smith/Crabtree. There is a lot of cheap talent on the roster and if the previous draft record of Baalke is an indicator of future success then I think the 49ers are still sitting pretty. But, it will all depend on what the above three guys are going to want in FA. Hopefully Kaep sets the tone and doesn't take every dime he can get.

Whiners have a stable of backs to replace Gore. I don't think that is an issue whatsoever. He will play out his contract and then move on to a short term deal to someone like the Giants and be a complementary back the rest of his career. I don't think this THE window for San Fran because of hitting on so many picks over the years, and compiling more. Rodgers isn't a top corner anymore though, and that secondary needs an infusion of talent in the next year or so though (Losing whitner?).
    Ivermectin Man

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tapate50 View Post
    Whiners have a stable of backs to replace Gore. I don't think that is an issue whatsoever. He will play out his contract and then move on to a short term deal to someone like the Giants and be a complementary back the rest of his career. I don't think this THE window for San Fran because of hitting on so many picks over the years, and compiling more. Rodgers isn't a top corner anymore though, and that secondary needs an infusion of talent in the next year or so though (Losing whitner?).
    I believe Whitner will come back. He was REALLY good last year and some within the organization believe that his so called "decline" was a result of playing along side Goldsen who was a rogue player out there who often broke the defensive schemes to make highlight reel plays. Eric Reid fit in well last year and should only get better but Whitner might have had his best season with the 49ers. He will be back. Playing Brock regularly was long overdue. Fans constantly heard of how good he looked in practice so it was about time after a couple of years to see him in live game action and excel. He gambles a bit too much but he makes plays. I hope Brown is brought back but there seems to be a bit of animosity stemming from the lost bonus money (which was his agents fault). I hope Culliver can bounce back from his injury because he was out best CB two years ago.

They will draft another DB early in the draft I believe this year. I think this years draft will focus on WR/DB/OL with the caveat of course if a player that they have highly rated on the DL falls to them.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    282 Posts
    Yes, you should wait till you win for something like that to be demanded but just winning a game or two doesn't change the type of coach you are. Harbaugh is a great coach and some team is going to pay him for that. My preference is just to keep the guy that drafted all this talent on the 49ers. In a perfect world I would never want to see him go.

Also, are we really going to hold Harbaughs college career against him? When the SEC basically just gets every damn player they can. Yes, Harbaugh had Luck but the overall quality of teams between the SEC and everyone else is staggering.
    You don't think winning the SB changes anything? Really? Go ask Tony Dungy that question and how he was looked at in TB and then after Indy. Or Marv who never won one....winning THE game, means everything. The guy has been in the league, what 3 years? And he is already demanding 10 mil per and full control WITHOUT a ring? LULZ

As for Stanford, he had Luck, a great running game, great D, great OLine....I guess asking to get to the title game is too much?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    You don't think winning the SB changes anything? Really? Go ask Tony Dungy that question and how he was looked at in TB and then after Indy. Or Marv who never won one....winning THE game, means everything. The guy has been in the league, what 3 years? And he is already demanding 10 mil per and full control WITHOUT a ring? LULZ

As for Stanford, he had Luck, a great running game, great D, great OLine....I guess asking to get to the title game is too much?
    I'm not saying you are wrong because most feel that way. I just don't think that you are a different coach because of winning one game. I think he is excessive to ask for that much but I do believe he is that good of a coach.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Voted Worst Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,832 Posts

Harbs has made 3 straight NFCCG's, and was 6 yards away from winning the SB.

He's a great coach.

To the bottom, you pretty much have to run the table in CFB these days or lose one game early then go on a run and hope the voters like you.

Voted Worst Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,832 Posts
    Funny how BRule says SF has a 2-yr window yet Seattle has it far worse in a couple years.

And most of the guys Zeets mentioned are replaceable outside of Kap/Aldon/Crab, maybe Boone if they lose Iupati but they can grab a G in the 2nd or 3rd to groom behind him.

No response to that, how fitting.

Approaching Buddy Hernandez Territory ChapelHillMatt's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    187 Posts
    All Harbaugh has done since entering the league is win. To suggest he's not a great coach is silly. Any organization in football would love to have him.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to ChapelHillMatt For This Useful Post:

Heyward (02-25-2014)

Voted Worst Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,832 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ChapelHillMatt View Post
    All Harbaugh has done since entering the league is win. To suggest he's not a great coach is silly. Any organization in football would love to have him.
    Because he hasnt won a SB which is probably the hardest thing to do in pro sports imo.

Nearly half the NFL hasnt won a SB, that tells me all i need to know.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    282 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Heyward View Post
    Funny how BRule says SF has a 2-yr window yet Seattle has it far worse in a couple years.

And most of the guys Zeets mentioned are replaceable outside of Kap/Aldon/Crab, maybe Boone if they lose Iupati but they can grab a G in the 2nd or 3rd to groom behind him.

No response to that, how fitting.
    Seattle has a ring........

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    282 Posts
    False

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Obviously they would. BRule is just being....Brule.

Its ok though, Harbaugh rubs a lot of people the wrong way becaues of his antics. Bottom line though is that he is an incredible coach.
    Natural Immunity Croc