Page 417 of 1150 FirstFirst ... 317367407415416417418419427467517917 ... LastLast
Results 8,321 to 8,340 of 22984

Thread: REAL FOOTBALL Thread

Connoisseur of Minors zitothebrave's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Heyward View Post
    All QB's do.

Better competition/defenses, numbers typically go down, not nothing new, derp derp.

Like that for most QB's.

And given they won 2 games when he was gone i would have to disagree on those all-time great teams.
    Lol the whole team was old in 2011, not just Peyton. I'm talking about in their heyday when they had Harrison, Wayne, Stokley, Clark, an amazing OL, Freeney, Mathis, Sanders, etc.
    Stockholm, more densely populated than NYC - sturg

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,900 Posts
    Michael Crabtree is expected to seek "(nothing) less than a big-money deal" in extension talks with the 49ers.
    If the sides can't reach a compromise before next March, beat writer Matt Maiocco believes it's "doubtful" the Niners slap Crabtree with the franchise tag. The 2014 wideout tag was worth $12.3 million. It's worth remembering that Crabtree undertook a lengthy training camp holdout before signing his rookie contract. Crabtree's agent is known to drive a hard bargain. The 49ers have some tough decisions to make after locking up Colin Kaepernick.
    Source: CSN Bay Area
    Wed, Jun 04 2014 9:34 PM

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Writing has been on the wall with Crabtree for a while. That was why it was so important to get Stevie Johnson. I don't expect him to be a 49er next season. Hopefully Kaep improves to the point where he doesn't need a whole collection of great receivers.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    Niners are wisely building for a strong next year maybe 2 years then hedging their future success on their QB. Only shot you have at winning.

Playing the Waiting Game Krovahn's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    103 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    49ers offensive talent around Kaep last year wasn't incredible. Not horrible by any stretch of hte imagination but it wasn't what you are making it out to be. This year they have ridiculous talent on offense.
    You misspelled 'the' and it is in your name, twice. Come on, man!

Ha ha.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Krovahn For This Useful Post:

ESP47 (06-05-2014)

Gwinnett Bound
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    199 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zitothebrave View Post
    Not true.

But if you put a better QB on that team they would have won the Super Bowl.
    Perhaps. Perhaps they win the Super Bowl the year before and beat Seattle in the championship game last year since Kap had perhaps his worst playoff performance. Perhaps they don't even make it to the Super Bowl without those clutch runs that only Kap and perhaps a couple other QB's are capable of. I guess perhaps, we'll never know.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,990 Posts
    Can't wait till Kaep fully breaks out this year. Last year he was screwed with the weapons on the team until Crabs got back and even then he was recovering from a bad injury. The offensive line was overrated last year as well.
    TEH LULZ

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,990 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gilesfan View Post
    Kap has weapons, a running game, a defense to provide him opportunities to not just drop back and throw everytime.

Cutler has two top 10 WR's and Matt Forte. Not exactly devoid of talent.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,990 Posts
    I call that better than what Kaep has.
    MORE LULZ.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,990 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Heyward View Post

SF is arguably the most talented team in the league with depth everywhere.

You could argue Kap anywhere from 10-12 or 13 or so.
    FTFY

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,900 Posts
    Writing has been on the wall with Crabtree for a while. That was why it was so important to get Stevie Johnson. I don't expect him to be a 49er next season. Hopefully Kaep improves to the point where he doesn't need a whole collection of great receivers.
    He won't be worth the franchise tag. Crabtree has made one thing more important than anything else so far, $.

Doubt he is around honestly.

Another roto world blurb said that they don't expect VD back for a while (other than the occasional flare up)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    Crabtree is probably worth close to the tag ona long term deal, but not to the Niners who pay a lot of money to positions like LB, where thier starting LBs next season make approx 35 million. They could probably keep him if they cut McDonald or Johnson but would they do that? Niners are already in a kinda crazy high cap for next year where it's estimated they're close to 150 million. They do have tons of moves they can make to free up cap space though so they aren't in a bad cap situation. But their flexibility for next year will be hurt by the raise to Kaepernick. I think it's smart though, Falcons did it with Ryan sure it wound up biting them last year, but ther'es no doubt in my mind the Falcons are better long term by not waiting til Ryan his FA, like the Ravens did with Flacco.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,122 Posts
    This is a totally fine deal for both player and team.
    The 49ers are paying Kaep for what they think he will do (as well as for some of the success he's already had) instead of what he's done. He's still getting better and has the head and the physical tools to succeed. QBs get paid these days. Newsflash. Kaep is much better than Cutler and is much younger. He's also not the mild headcase Cutler is. This is the market rate and I believe his best years are ahead of him.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,122 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ESP47 View Post
    Something has to be said about guys that don't turn the ball over. Newton is a less successful version of Kaepernick right now. Luck is solid but throws too many interceptions. Cutler is terrible, I don't even know why you're trying to argue that. Stafford has the best receiver in the league and still throws a **** ton of interceptions. How many playoff wins does Romo have? He's been going at it for 10 years with some solid teams and hasn't done squat with them.
    LOLOLOLOL
    He's been the best player on that team for years. They had the worst defense of all-time last year and almost won the (weak) NFC East. Do the math. It was because of him.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,122 Posts
    Cam vs. Kaep is close and remains to be seen.
    Matt Ryan is not a top 5 QB. He's not elite like those guys.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tapate50 View Post
    He won't be worth the franchise tag. Crabtree has made one thing more important than anything else so far, $.

Doubt he is around honestly.

Another roto world blurb said that they don't expect VD back for a while (other than the occasional flare up)
    Thats gold!

Regarding Crabs....Guys is a great receiver and is vastly underrated. I think he is worth big money but it just doesn't fit what hte 49ers want to do in terms of team building so I don't expect him to be around. I'd love it if they could fit the deal but its going to be hard to keep Aldon (if he gets his **** together).
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zitothebrave View Post
    Crabtree is probably worth close to the tag ona long term deal, but not to the Niners who pay a lot of money to positions like LB, where thier starting LBs next season make approx 35 million. They could probably keep him if they cut McDonald or Johnson but would they do that? Niners are already in a kinda crazy high cap for next year where it's estimated they're close to 150 million. They do have tons of moves they can make to free up cap space though so they aren't in a bad cap situation. But their flexibility for next year will be hurt by the raise to Kaepernick. I think it's smart though, Falcons did it with Ryan sure it wound up biting them last year, but ther'es no doubt in my mind the Falcons are better long term by not waiting til Ryan his FA, like the Ravens did with Flacco.
    49ers have a ton of depth with young players who should be on the roster this year that weren't last year. 49ers draft incredibly well and if the early returns on the 2014 draft are what most analysts think then they will still have tremendous flexibility moving forward.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    http://www.csnbayarea.com/49ers/pft-...tle-risk-49ers

As more details are coming out its clear that Kaep wanted to sign a team friendly deal. I love that guy. He is all about winning and still got his money. Kid is a great person and continually proves it by specifically thanking Alex Smith at his press conference. Exactly the type of guy you want representing your franchise.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,900 Posts
    Thats gold!

Regarding Crabs....Guys is a great receiver and is vastly underrated. I think he is worth big money but it just doesn't fit what hte 49ers want to do in terms of team building so I don't expect him to be around. I'd love it if they could fit the deal but its going to be hard to keep Aldon (if he gets his **** together).
    Hell I forgot all about Crabs. He can be tough to shake after he gets rooted hard in the offense! It takes a heavy defense to get him gone completely!

He and VD make a turrible tandem!

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Tapate50 For This Useful Post:

thethe (06-05-2014)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk 8h
    Source says 49ers are "thrilled" with the Kaepernick deal. They should be. It's a below-market, year-to-year deal. http://wp.me/p14QSB-9uNs

Hey look. Kaep did take a below market deal!
    Natural Immunity Croc