Page 433 of 1148 FirstFirst ... 333383423431432433434435443483533933 ... LastLast
Results 8,641 to 8,660 of 22943

Thread: REAL FOOTBALL Thread

Connoisseur of Minors zitothebrave's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    I mean to be 100% honest I don't think there's a team in the NFC I'd 100% say couldn't make the playoffs. I mean the NFC East is basically one huge coin toss. Vikings and Bucs are probably the least likely teams followed by Cardinals but they could.
    Stockholm, more densely populated than NYC - sturg

Gwinnett Bound
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    199 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zitothebrave View Post
    So because they beat them head to head means they're a better team? And Carolina beat SF in SF in the regular season. Wins and losses matter, but head to head record really doesn't. Falcons beat the Rams, doesn't mean the Falcons are better than the Rams.

And you think Kaepernick is a consistent QB? And what would you call the Falcons missing? Ryan has been about the most consistent QB outside of the great or terrible QBs.

What upgrades do they have at RB? Assuming Latimer is healthy? Niners lost a lot in the secondary and lost their starting C. Niners don't get me wrong should be a contender. But you don't know what will happen over a season. What if Crabs and Davis go down? what if they lose more LBs? Or DEs? Football of course also has teams who lose games when they shouldn't. The Bears have been one of the better teams in the NFL last 2 years and has no playoffs to show.
    Both San Fran and Carolina had 12 wins. They met in the playoffs and the Niners sent the Panthers home. Last year they were the better team. Who cares what meaningless regular season stats mean. You win in the playoffs and you're better.

Obviously it's an extremely small sample size but Kap's first 2 years in the league have been consistent. Inconsistent QB's make the playoffs and then throw more INT's than TD's the next year. I didn't say anything about Ryan. He is a good consistent QB but he's not great and hasn't shown that IT factor to win big games when they count.

Latimore and Hyde should be upgrades over Hunter and James. The only big loss in the secondary was Terrell Brown. Carlos Rogers was a shell of his former self last year. Whitner is a good hitter but bad in coverage and Bathea should help there in his place. Plus we're getting Culliver back and our 1st round pick was a CB so I think we'll be able to weather the secondary storm and be solid for the future. I don't play the 'what if' game when it comes to injuries. You could say 'what if Duncan, Parker and Ginobili all go down with ACL tears next year" but that's not going to stop anyone from saying the Spurs are a lock for the playoffs.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    And they met in the regular season and Carolina bested them. And ability to play head to head doesn't mean better. Let's take the 2007 Giants victory in the Superbowl, were they better than the Pats that year cause they beat them in the Superbowl? Or just better matched up against the Pats?

Kap had a lower Y/A, higher INT% higher TD% he was sacked more, and had a big drop in NY/A to show. And he's only been doing it for 2 years as well.

They could be upgrades, or they could not. They lost both of them and Witner, and replaced them with COok and Bethea. Cook is a good value sign. Bethea has nothing in the tank at this point. And it's not a matter of what if as far as injuries. Injuries happen in the NFL. And the NBA is much easier to get into the playoffs than NFL as they have an 8/15 shot of getting in while the NFL it's 6/16.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,122 Posts
    Whitner isn't even that good. Bethea may be better.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    Bethea may be better, but not that much. And he's up there in age. Not saying Whitner is young of course.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    That first game in Carolina the 49ers were so beat up at the wide reciever/Tight End position that nothing could be done.

Kaep did not take a step up in production last year but I have stated why I think that is. If he doesn't have a big year this year then I would agree with everything you have said. However, I think he is going to have a big breakout.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by yeezus View Post
    Whitner isn't even that good. Bethea may be better.
    Whitner got lost in coverage many times last year. Havne't seen Beathea play much but I'm not sure Whitner will be good anymore.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Gwinnett Bound
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    199 Posts
    And they met in the regular season and Carolina bested them. And ability to play head to head doesn't mean better. Let's take the 2007 Giants victory in the Superbowl, were they better than the Pats that year cause they beat them in the Superbowl? Or just better matched up against the Pats?

Kap had a lower Y/A, higher INT% higher TD% he was sacked more, and had a big drop in NY/A to show. And he's only been doing it for 2 years as well.

They could be upgrades, or they could not. They lost both of them and Witner, and replaced them with COok and Bethea. Cook is a good value sign. Bethea has nothing in the tank at this point. And it's not a matter of what if as far as injuries. Injuries happen in the NFL. And the NBA is much easier to get into the playoffs than NFL as they have an 8/15 shot of getting in while the NFL it's 6/16.
    Who cares if you won a regular season game when you show up in the playoffs and get sent home. The rest of that is just the usual you know you are talking out of your ass fluff.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    That first game in Carolina the 49ers were so beat up at the wide reciever/Tight End position that nothing could be done.

Kaep did not take a step up in production last year but I have stated why I think that is. If he doesn't have a big year this year then I would agree with everything you have said. However, I think he is going to have a big breakout.
    The Niners had a bye before the Panthers game, their game before the Panthers game was the freaking Jaguars. Excuses are lame. Carolina outplayed San Fran the first time, San Fran outplayed Carolina the second time. Don't make excuses, that's what pussies do. You can point to things as reasons for hope, but making excuses when you lose is just being a beotch.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ESP47 View Post
    Who cares if you won a regular season game when you show up in the playoffs and get sent home. The rest of that is just the usual you know you are talking out of your ass fluff.
    Or you know it's one game and one game doesn't define a season.

BTW I forgot to mention another key differentiator between NBA and NFL aside from the number of teams making playoffs vs number of teams in conference, NBA has many more games to sort out the winners and losers. NFL is a sprint. If Usain Bolt stumbles and falls on his face off the blocks it doesn't matter that he was the best sprinter going into the race.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    The Niners had a bye before the Panthers game, their game before the Panthers game was the freaking Jaguars. Excuses are lame. Carolina outplayed San Fran the first time, San Fran outplayed Carolina the second time. Don't make excuses, that's what pussies do. You can point to things as reasons for hope, but making excuses when you lose is just being a beotch.
    Or the excuses make sense because the next time the teams play the 49ers whooped them.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    Or the excuses make sense because the next time the teams play the 49ers whooped them.
    And who's to say if they met a 3rd time the Panthers wouldn't have whooped them? Your entire case is built upon one game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    And who's to say if they met a 3rd time the Panthers wouldn't have whooped them? Your entire case is built upon one game.
    No, teams improve over the course of a season whether it be by organic growth or people coming back from injury. The 49ers met the Panthers at a bad time in the season and lost Davis during that game. The fact that you can't acknowledge these things means either you don't want the 49ers games (understandable) or you are deliberately being difficult (which I come to expect).
    Natural Immunity Croc

Voted Worst Poster
    2015 (Co-Winner)
    2018 (Unanimous)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,185 Posts
    Okay giles. You seem to think the 49ers won't make the playoffs. I am confident they'll make it. If the 49ers don't make the playoffs I will leave the board. If they make them you leave.

We got a deal?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Eh, thats no fun. Board is better with both of you around.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    No, teams improve over the course of a season whether it be by organic growth or people coming back from injury. The 49ers met the Panthers at a bad time in the season and lost Davis during that game. The fact that you can't acknowledge these things means either you don't want the 49ers games (understandable) or you are deliberately being difficult (which I come to expect).
    My argument isn't really based on the results of either San Fran or Carolina games. So I'm just being difficult in that regard. But again, you don't know the result of the 3rd. And if the Niners just match up well to Carolina, but say Carolina matches up better to Seattle or Carolina matches up better to another team who SF doesn't how do you determine who's better head to head?

Gwinnett Bound
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    199 Posts
    My argument isn't really based on the results of either San Fran or Carolina games. So I'm just being difficult in that regard. But again, you don't know the result of the 3rd. And if the Niners just match up well to Carolina, but say Carolina matches up better to Seattle or Carolina matches up better to another team who SF doesn't how do you determine who's better head to head?
    Whoever ends up winning the Superbowl. No one cares about 2nd place. No one cares about who matched up with who. No one cares about what team was statistically better. The only thing that matters is getting that ring.

There's the real life champions and then the Zito fantasy world champions that no one gives a rats ass about other than you.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    So by your logic of no one cares about second place then Falcons=Niners

Atlanta Braves Fan
    Wash Nationals Fan
    Bryce Harper Fanatic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    874 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NinersSBChamps View Post
    Okay giles. You seem to think the 49ers won't make the playoffs. I am confident they'll make it. If the 49ers don't make the playoffs I will leave the board. If they make them you leave.

We got a deal?

I've never said they won't, you read like Heyward. I said they aren't a lock to make it like Thethe thinks (well he thinks they are lock for NFCCG
    "Yes, I did think Aldrich was good UNTIL I SAW HIM PLAY. "- thethe

Voted Worst Poster
    '13, '14, '15 (Co-Winner)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,832 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gilesfan View Post
    I've never said they won't, you read like Heyward. I said they aren't a lock to make it like Thethe thinks (well he thinks they are lock for NFCCG
    Unless they have multiple season-ending injuries to their star players, they are pretty much a lock to make it.

NFCCG lock in a single-elimination playoffs in a brutal conference is another story.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Heyward For This Useful Post:

NinersSBChamps (07-19-2014)